• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Zenfalcia

I certainly don't hunt and peck. I memorized the keyboard on two fingers.

Though I definitely wish I'd been taught good typing earlier on. I just got good enough at speed pecking that the class instructor in elementary thought it was fine.

I mean... it's never too late to try to relearn how to type.
Yeah they do.

18p3h07ec5gfejpg.jpg

7db.gif

Zenfalcia

The instructor was a pretty cool guy. I remember one time he was playing Doom on his laptop and a couple of us were watching before class was supposed to start.

Yes you should. That and Typing of the Dead Overkill, which is on Steam.

Sounds like the coolest guy.
Yeah, to repeat what I said before I've been thinking about getting a Dvorak layout keyboard and learning from scratch. Maybe get a blank key cap mechanical board.

Why dvorak?

The scroll bar is awesome don't hate PG.

Frienders Freedom Wars sounds like it'd be great. I still need to beat the last boss. I got it down to it's last bit of health, and it did a move that killed my entire party in one hit. Since I was out of revives, I lost. I then realized I had to start the whole process over again, got really frustrated, and haven't played it in a month.

I only played for like 5-6 hours and I enjoyed it even if the controls can feel stiff at times.

Shackzam

You know how I was taught to type properly?

I took a keyboarding class in junior high, and after the first two weeks, all the keyboards were replaced with ones that had all the keys blacked out, forcing people to not do the hunt and peck bullshit.

It fucking worked.

I wish my teacher did that shit. I would have actually learned how to do that. I know where all of the keys are on the board when I lay my hand down on it, but my fingers aren't used to that weird ass positioning.

Is it alright if I vent some shit? I already did a little bit last night, and I figured I would ask if it's alright first before I started.

Archgan

I type with all of my fingers on the home row, and I've sort of memorized key positions, but have to look down a lot when I'm typing. In my typing class, we had these covers that we put over our keyboards. It didn't really work, though. The typing program we used had a picture of a keyboard on the screen, and most of us just looked at that.

Zenfalcia

I type with all of my fingers on the home row, and I've sort of memorized key positions, but have to look down a lot when I'm typing. In my typing class, we had these covers that we put over our keyboards. It didn't really work, though. The typing program we used had a picture of a keyboard on the screen, and most of us just looked at that.

What an amazing lesson.
Seriously, I'm out. That gif has gotten to the the point where it's annoying.

Okay. ;_;

Top Bottom