• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

LoL has some good designs in it. Dota has way more, though. At least imo.

4783-dota2_hero_pnmv01.png

Dota has great designs. Wish valve had a higher standard for fan made sets.

Xiraiya

I'm just really tired of that Diablo/Warcraft style, I can tolerate them in their own franchise but I don't care for it bleeding out to other things, I'd almost be interested in playing a Moba that looked like a Top Down Dark Souls with really rad looking characters.

JoJo94

Yeah I never disliked the game, just got caught up with other games so I stopped then restarted just because I forgot how to play. Hell, I love Fallout but after a few hours I get the twitch, kill everyone in a town in a brutal way before turning it off.

Black Knuckles is right.

Isn't knuckles technically the black guy of the sonic universe?

I'm just really tired of that Diablo/Warcraft style, I can tolerate them in their own franchise but I don't care for it bleeding out other things, I'd almost be interested in playing a Moba that looked like a Top Down Dark Souls with really rad looking characters.

I agree. Its why I did not like Darksiders and despite being a Souls fan I had zero desire to play Lords of the Fallen

It looks cartoony and overdesigned at the same time.

Xiraiya

I agree. Its why I did not like Darksiders and despite being a Souls fan I had zero desire to play Lords of the Fallen
When I started watching the quick look for that, I had a moment of wanting to throw my hands up and being like "This is why we don't deserve nice franchises like Souls, because people fucking ruin it by making shit like this."

croten

When I started watching the quick look for that, I had a moment of wanting to throw my hands up and being like "This is why we don't deserve nice franchises like Souls, because people fucking ruin it by making shit like this."

I'm honestly not a fan of how the souls games look. They're all just guys in armour and while a lot of the armours look cool most of them are forgettable to me.

Xiraiya

I'm honestly not a fan of how the souls games look. They're all just guys in armour and while a lot of the armours look cool most of them are forgettable to me.

I fucking love how Souls games look, it's just the right kind of generic looking in the best ways that I have been missing for the longest time.

Aw, I love the tinge of darkness and depression on Western fantasy. You can really feel how the series came about from Miyazaki reading english Western fantasy and filling in blanks himself. I'd say Demon's probably has the most 'atmosphere' around the Western stuff.

Aw, I love the tinge of darkness and depression on Western fantasy. You can really feel how the series came about from Miyazaki reading english Western fantasy and filling in blanks himself. I'd say Demon's probably has the most 'atmosphere' around the Western stuff.

It did not work as well in DS2 as it did in Dark 1 and Demon's.

I hate complaining about DS2 since its such a good game

Xiraiya

Lords of the fallen as a name sounds like the most forgettable try-hard garbage ever.

The "Souls" variety of Generic is just unique enough to be identifiable but generic enough to be timeless, it's fantastic.

Top Bottom