• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Matt is the manifestation of everyone's goofy and well meaning nature and the overall love of dumb bullshit, possibly even the less matured aspects of your minds.
Liam is the idealized manifestation of someone who is both popular but also extremely deep in the otaku and waifu culture, his contrary nature is due to the fact such a culture is frowned upon in many aspects of normal society.
Pat is the manifestation of your combined years of resentment and cynical feelings built up from both the video game industry and your personal lives, the fact that deep down he is a pretty great guy is proof of the cynicism being somewhat of a defense mechanism.
Woolie is your primal feelings, your moments of excitement and go get em' attitude without fear, the blackness and thug attitude are your base desires showing in various ways, with all pretenses dropped as fucks are no longer given, the woolie hole is another aspect of yourselves finding these base desires both unsightly and frightening.
picard_doublefacepalm.gif
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Man Katamari on the Rocks is really good to notice differences between head/earphones
CHU CHU CHU DU CHU CHU CHU CHU DU

croten

I decide to watch Star Trek to get me out of this funk and the first thing that happens is that geordi got rejected. Joy.

back from Gamestop
got SMTIV and preordered and payed in full Majoras Mask
also got a $20 eshop card for Metroid Prime Trilogy
so Feb 13 ill be picking up MH4U and Majoras Mask it seems

Jman014

I havent watched wrestling in over 10yrs and got into it again the past month. i dont know if this is the best or worse time to come back to it. The biggest surprise is Kane is now a douchebag in a suit instead of a masked monster who had a sick fiery intro.
Ya I liked masked Kane more but now he is Corporate Kane.
I have noticed that most of you guys have an anime girl as your avatar. I didn't want to say anything, but poeple might start thinking that you guys are nerds. I am just saying.
Well since my avatar isn't anime do I get a cookie?
6am wake up time. Feels good man.

What's cracking?

Korra music after showering

I havent watched wrestling in over 10yrs and got into it again the past month. i dont know if this is the best or worse time to come back to it. The biggest surprise is Kane is now a douchebag in a suit instead of a masked monster who had a sick fiery intro.

It's actually a mediocre time. It's better than it's been in a few months, but is still a slog to get through every week.

Playing Tales of Hearts R still, I think I'm in the last dungeon or at least the second to last one.

no because Korra is fake anime trying to bite our style

i stopped right around the part where i gotta go to the Coliseum city
i need to get back to it at some point
anyone played Zestiria yet? some of the info people are saying is its bad?

360pages

I do think Sprite based games tend to age better than 3D games. Which is part of the reason why I think if you can't do 3D well, do 2D. (Seriously, the Korra game had no right to be in 3D if it was going to devour all of their budget because of it)

semisonic

Banned
I forgot how fabulous Yu was in the anime. But Minat- i mean Yuki seemed emo in the movie
I liked Yuki
because I've never gotten more than a few months into p3 and because I think that stories of sociopathic heroes who discover their emotions ala Suisui no Gargantia, Full Metal Panic, and the like are super cool. I also thought that it was an interesting way to interpret his largely silent and reserved character in p3, turning his taciturn nature into a worthwhile plotline, and making him into a main character that isn't necessarily overshadowed by the others in the cast now that he's not just a player stand-in. By the way, if anyone has a recommendation for stories like that, I'd love to hear it. That shit's rad.
She has tons of hometown.

I can't post it since it would be lewd

Then pm it.

Why not Korra music while showering?

First time playing a Tales games? I heard it's bad from other Tales vets but newcomers seem to enjoy it.

It pretty much is, I played 20 mins of Xilla and never went back to it. I'm enjoying it, the combat is not the best in any sense but the character interactions are fun. I feel it has kinda over stayed it's welcome though, and I'm only 35ish hours in

Xiraiya

So the other day I was talking to Beloved and I was being stupid and being like "Oh I actually do have a tattoo, on my back... it's a Yakuza style tattoo of a Dragon eating the planet"

And then I thought "Man, now I kind of want that."

Has anyone here played Spec Ops the Line? I'm curious about what others thought of the story.
I haven't played it, but watched the whole thing through. It does a neat job of deconstructing the typical modern military shooter and pulls a ton of influence from Heart of Darkness, though I never had much desire to actually experience it myself for those reasons.

demidar

its not bad
i mean its better than Xillia so far

Xillia was completely unbalanced. Fucking Rowen just roasts everyone because Burn status effect was too OP.

It pretty much is, I played 20 mins of Xilla and never went back to it. I'm enjoying it, the combat is not the best in any sense but the character interactions are fun. I feel it has kinda over stayed it's welcome though, and I'm only 35ish hours in

Character interactions? Well okay then, I don't really have a point of reference for that besides someone calling someone a "loli guy". *shiver*

Numb

Blizzard in Chi town right now. Shit is crazy. The snow hurts my face.

I feel your pain. It snowed so hard yesterday that my jacket is still wet.

Is it cool for a complete noob to guilty gear play Potemkin? i saw one match against Sol and the rushdown against Potemkin was terrifying.
I tried Sin but no matter how hard i tried i always forgot to manage my hunger meter.

Top Bottom