• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

One day I held the door open for someone and they gave me a strange look. #RealGAFStories.
I'm sorry

The other day I was walking down the street, got to a crosswalk, waited for the light to tell me to walk, then a guy almost hit me, then honked at me. I was rather cross after that I tell you what.

The other day I was walking down the street, got to a crosswalk, waited for the light to tell me to walk, then a guy almost hit me, then honked at me. I was rather cross after that I tell you what.

This one time I had to pee really bad, but my sister had her friend over and it was weird so I just waited
I'm sorry Zed

I had this happen to me when I was like 6.

I was crossing the street when it told me too and a god damn Swansons Ice Cream Truck came barreling right in front of me and my dad basically broke the sound barrier with his girlish shrill of horror.

Guys...Gal... I just Died.

2llwedr.gif

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/8e0z0YC.gif[/IMG]

We are in The NEO

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984674
I saw the thread when it first went up before all the gifs. I'll have to check it out later

I had this happen to me when I was like 6.

I was crossing the street when it told me too and a god damn Swansons Ice Cream Truck came barreling right in front of me and my dad basically broke the sound barrier with his girlish shrill of horror.

This shit happens all the time to me, I've almost gotten into fights because of it.

Last year I was having an awful day and was in a really bad place, then a guy almost hit me while I was walking while supposed to, then pulled over, got out and started screaming at me. I was having none of this walked right up to the guy, who was probably around 5"3 and asked him what he was going to do like ten times in a row while standing inches from his face. He got back in his truck, called me a psycho and walked off. I went and lied on the couch in depression after that.

This shit happens all the time to me, I've almost gotten into fights because of it.

Last year I was having an awful day and was in a really bad place, then a guy almost hit me while I was walking while supposed to, then pulled over, got out and started screaming at me. I was having none of this walked right up to the guy, who was probably around 5"3 and asked him what he was going to do like ten times in a row while standing inches from his face. He got back in his truck, called me a psycho and walked off. I went and lied on the couch in depression after that.
Sounds like a great time

People are garbage at driving.

I woulda fought you.

Did anyone here play Contrast? I got it on the ps4's launch, and while it was a little rough around the edges, I really liked it. I especially loved it's style and overall atmosphere.

Do you have a link?

Did he want something aside from horrible death and something really depressing but still kinda cool
ie the usual Urobuchi ending
?

Here's the JPN source

Translated from Reddit said:
Apparently there was a live-streamed Gargantia event on Nicovideo today, and twitter posts quote Urobuchi Gen as saying:
"Aldnoah Zero's ending isn't my fault!"
"In my original outline, Inaho and the princess have fallen in love, and Slaine takes her away, ending the season!"

Xiraiya

Probably should have just ignored him instead of puffing your chest out looking for a "brodown", it was still his fault, but still.

I do think control should never be used to make a game harder. But I can see how people might disagree with me there.
I think the actual mindset is building a game around the control scheme and the player's ability to utilize it. It's not like they had a 'normal' scheme and then just threw in tank controls.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Whats the link to the twitter you guys were talking about?

I also just realized that Mike0dude is a mod on the 2BFP reddit and Skrams posts there.

It's like when you see a friender in another thread.

Emouse

Yo evenin' frienders, how's it going?

Did anyone here play Contrast? I got it on the ps4's launch, and while it was a little rough around the edges, I really liked it. I especially loved it's style and overall atmosphere.

I played it at launch, it was nice I liked it but yeah like you said rough around the edges, it was a good length too, any longer and I think it would have spoilt the tone

joe2187

Banned
Yo evenin' frienders, how's it going?

I played it at launch, it was nice I liked it but yeah like you said rough around the edges, it was a good length too, any longer and I think it would have spoilt the tone

where did you get your avatar? is there any other SG chars in that style?

Skrams

Sounds a little boring compared to what we got, but at least it doesn't have the insane amount of
backpedaling
that we did get from the jump to Part 1 to Part 2.

I watched Aldnoah after Woolie recommended it because 12 episodes and it certainly was a bunch of nothing to me. I've yet to listen to the podcast, but I assume he dropped it because of
lol we're all ok nvm. I found it pretty dumb and hilarious as I didn't already care for the show. Inaho is god and everyone else is kind of dumb. A lot of them don't think things through or just do shit based off emotions at the time I think? I'm still unsure of what Martian girl wanted to accomplish by strangling the princess. Revenge, but the worst revenge.
I'll still finish Season 2, but it sure is a really dumb ride.

Whats the link to the twitter you guys were talking about?

I also just realized that Mike0dude is a mod on the 2BFP reddit and Skrams posts there.

It's like when you see a friender in another thread.

Yeah, before getting approved for GAF I was active on the reddit. I'm still active, but just a little less. Around a year ago or more I think I was enjoying the best friends, but really wanted a place to talk about them or discuss something in the episode. That's when I decided to pop into the reddit and I've been there ever since. I think the first thing I actually posted in there was a write up called "Is SAO bad or just aggressively average?" It's weird to think that was not even a year ago when I did that.

360pages

Silent Hill 3 has some shit tier puzzles though.

◦ Also the infamous Shakespeare puzzle on Hard Riddle mode, which requires a basic knowledge of the plots of King Lear, Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, and Othello, and the ability to decipher an amazingly cryptic riddle involving numbers significant in the plays, that if it weren't the actual answer, would almost certainly be considered Insane Troll Logic.

Top Bottom