• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

careful tho , the true kings might hear you talking shit

ninja-theory.jpg
Aw shit I better back down!

My favorite character action protagonist is this one

Lonk from Pennsylvania
I looked at that picture for about 10 minutes before just going who.gif

Musou is Musou. It ain't anything else
It's a genre of it's own!
Oh man, he'd win for sure! He's the mighty lu bu!
I mean he's not hard to beat, just knock him off his horse and lance him.

It's weird how much of a punk he actually is. The only game where i felt he was a real threat was four. Since then he's all talk and you can cheese out a fight with him at any level really.

Oh god I remember as a child I could not get past Hulao Gate and just quit the game until one day I just attacked him and fucking ran for 40 minutes hitting him twice and then running for health.

Ilvocare

I mean he's not hard to beat, just knock him off his horse and lance him.

It's weird how much of a punk he actually is. The only game where i felt he was a real threat was four. Since then he's all talk and you can cheese out a fight with him at any level really.

Oh god I remember as a child I could not get past Hulao Gate and just quit the game until one day I just attacked him and fucking ran for 40 minutes hitting him twice and then running for health.

Do you guys not recognize the terror that is DW3 Lu Bu? He's fucking nuts if you remotely approach him.

Of course, his downfall (assuming you don't grind) ends up being that bow that was mapped to its own button. You know, the bow that's otherwise completely fucking useless? Literally the best way to take him down at Lv.1

You'll Cowards Don't Even Pursue Lube Bu

In other news, Awakening continues to taunt my arrogance for starting my first run on Hard by having the enemy land a 35% crit when his accuracy was 14% in Ch. 21. God damn that's ice cold.

Just like any true, proud chinese warrior would.
I mean idk about you, but those Ultimate difficulty Chinese foot soldiers are some serious shit bruh

Do you guys not recognize the terror that is DW3 Lu Bu? He's fucking nuts if you remotely approach him.

Of course, his downfall (assuming you don't grind) ends up being that bow that was mapped to its own button. You know, the bow that's otherwise completely fucking useless? Literally the best way to take him down at Lv.1

You'll Cowards Don't Even Pursue Lube Bu

In other news, Awakening continues to taunt my arrogance for starting my first run on Hard by having the enemy land a 35% crit when his accuracy was 14% in Ch. 21. God damn that's ice cold.
I never played 3, my first DW game was 4.

Game made reaiize how much i suck at games

Its ok, I already know how garbage I am at video games.

Don't forget that TLOU is a zombie game. If you've played one zombie game then you may as well have played them all.

Dying light just looks way better honestly if im in the mood for a zombie game. Any kind of zombie game that's more than just beaten up dem zambonies is probably barely even a video game.

Fucking hell are they. I love how turning the difficulty up that high turns every single jobber into a serious threat.

I used to go into the final level of Ambition Mode in 7 and just kite every god damn enemy in the zone to an open area and fight them all at once, 90% of the time the game just couldn't handle it and it would crash my xbox.

Jman014

Dying light just looks way better honestly if im in the mood for a zombie game. Any kind of zombie game that's more than just beaten up dem zambonies is probably barely even a video game.

Well there's also Killing Floor that's satisfying as fuck to kill shit in it.

Ilvocare

I used to go into the final level of Ambition Mode in 7 and just kite every god damn enemy in the zone to an open area and fight them all at once, 90% of the time the game just couldn't handle it and it would crash my xbox.

You mean Conquest Mode, right? Ambition Mode was its shitty replacement for 8 that had no reason being such a grind. Especially since the game motivates you to depopulate the land of cool people and you just end up fighting jobbers forevermore. I like 8 for everything ELSE it did, but my God was Ambition Mode kind of a shame.

In last of us when you press the melee button near a wall or something joel will slam an enemies head into the wall.

Basically Joel's sick melee attack makes his fist send lasers out to the environment to scan for a good place to slam your victim's body and face into.

So it's just contextual animations? Punch Lasers is far too cool a name for something as mundane as that.

I remember 7 running really badly, even for a dw game. Plus, there were too many shared movesets for my liking. I have it but haven't beaten it yet.

You mean Conquest Mode, right? Ambition Mode was its shitty replacement for 8 that had no reason being such a grind. Especially since the game motivates you to depopulate the land of cool people and you just end up fighting jobbers forevermore. I like 8 for everything ELSE it did, but my God was Ambition Mode kind of a shame.
Yeah that, I couldn't remember it's actual name.
I remember 7 running really badly, even for a dw game. Plus, there were too many shared movesets for my liking. I have it but haven't beaten it yet.

Did you know weeb girls love Dynasty Warriors?

You're not wrong, but I still like it despite that. It's still fun for a while at least.

Top Bottom