• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Request 2 of Flower, Sun, and Rain, brought to you by the word "Soccer."

So first we had a mischievous spirit trapping us in our room, and now we get mysterious calls from a soccer fanatic, asking us what various words & phrases like "Romanista" or "La Vita Continua" mean in that context. Also inspiration. And after solving the final puzzle of this chapter, the fanatic Stephan Charbonie asks us if we were hit with "inspiration" upon understanding the clues and figuring the solution to his soccer themed puzzle.

And what is Mondo's response?

Telling the dude to more or less shove it, places the phone in a soccer shaped bag belonging to Charbonie, and kicks it out the window into the sky, right in the direction of the plane that flies by and blows up OH CRAP WE WERE SUPPOSED TO STOP THE BOMB FROM BLOWING UP THE PLANE GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING SHIT!!!

Two chapters and a prologue in, I can already get a feel for how much bullshit this game is gonna try and push on Mondo to waste his time. And by extension my time too. And I wanna keep playing to find out. Suda, you amazing bastard.

Gundam Musou are stupid fun. The One Piece Musou are great as well. No depth at all but I love them.

As for awkward situations, I can't really think of any. I guess the closest thing would be whenever I'm around my family and hear them say derogatory things about other peoples life choices?

What... year/grade did this happen? Seems like something a young kid would do.
The most awkward situation I've been in was when we went out during our family and close relatives dinner and while we were eating, my dad started shit talking me in front of everyone as if I wasn't there or that I can't understand chinese. I could feeling everyone judging me super hard.
It was a few months ago, and the class is mixed with juniors and sophmores, with her being a sophmore. So she was no younger than 15.

Numb

It's rare that a game really disappoints me to the point of like "No fuck that", not that I'm not critical of them or anything obviously.
But there are a lot aspects and parts to games I think about a great deal when playing to determine how much I like a game, things that I feel a lot of people ignore/don't understand/dismiss, which is their loss if they're going to have that attitude.
I get easily immersed in games, even when there are some pretty glaring flaws that can't really be ignored, it's still a whole lot of fun.

That has been the hypest i have been for a game because i was in the JoJo zone and it was being turned into my favourite genre. I am usually calm and even when i am dissapointed i get over it quickly.

But those guys were doing weekly tournaments and taking actual panels from the manga and using them as moves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JnrTeKLT4E

Beloved

I'm sure I've had tons of awkward things happen to me and around me but I probably block most of it out.

That does remind me though of this one time I was trying to just make polite small talk with this girl so I was like "Oh I really like your shirt, where'd you get it?"

It was a shirt that said OLD NAVY in bigass letters across the front, so she just kind of blinked and looked down at her chest and looked back at me and I think turned about 16 shades of red in 2 seconds.

Zenfalcia

I'm sure I've had tons of awkward things happen to me and around me but I probably block most of it out.

That does remind me though of this one time I was trying to just make polite small talk with this girl so I was like "Oh I really like your shirt, where'd you get it?"

It was a shirt that said OLD NAVY in bigass letters across the front, so she just kind of blinked and looked down at her chest and looked back at me and I think turned about 16 shades of red in 2 seconds.

Nice. Did you continue that conversation or walk away in embarrassment.?

ultimax

THE BAZ WINS. THE HYPEST FACE SITTING IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT

bookloverproblems5.gif

Xiraiya

I generally do my best to enjoy the games I play. I don't go into games knowing I'll hate them as I'd rather not waste my time. Lately however, I've gotten less accepting of things like this and my patience grows thin a lot more quickly. I don't know why that may be and it's still highly dependent on the game (Deadly P is insanely flawed, but I really enjoyed my time with it). I'm just less forgiving of bad aspects if the good aspects aren't working too well for me. I can absolutely accept the bad and just have fun, but it does depend on how engaged I am by the game's stronger aspects.

Yeah I can definitely understand that.

Yeah it's pretty bad, it's really noticeable if you increase your bond with them and the other one is talking to you in the other twins voice and their picture is on the screen.
Wow that is bad. Do you mean like have one as a supervisor and you control the other? How do you do this? I need to see it.

Xiraiya

After thinking about something that happened a few months ago, what's one of the most awkward things you've experienced or witnessed? What happened was that it was the beginning of a class, and the teacher hands out an entry ticket. It's five questions, you had 2 minutes, and it wasn't graded. She just wanted to see how much we knew. This one girl didn't finish it, and because she didn't finish it, she started crying. Everyone froze up and didn't know how to react. Some were silent, and others were holding back giggles. It wasn't like "Look, she's crying, let's make fun of her." giggles, it was the type where you don't know how to react, and the fact that it was over essentially nothing. The teacher noticed, and she had her leave the room until she was fine. You could feel the awkwardness in the atmosphere of the room.

In Highschool, a girl straight up started having her period during drama class once, it became very known once everyone stood up out of their seats.

It was really not her day.

That's about all I can think of.

After thinking about something that happened a few months ago, what's one of the most awkward things you've experienced or witnessed? What happened was that it was the beginning of a class, and the teacher hands out an entry ticket. It's five questions, you had 2 minutes, and it wasn't graded. She just wanted to see how much we knew. This one girl didn't finish it, and because she didn't finish it, she started crying. Everyone froze up and didn't know how to react. Some were silent, and others were holding back giggles. It wasn't like "Look, she's crying, let's make fun of her." giggles, it was the type where you don't know how to react, and the fact that it was over essentially nothing. The teacher noticed, and she had her leave the room until she was fine. You could feel the awkwardness in the atmosphere of the room.

I cause every awkward moment I'm part of by being handicapped

In Highschool, a girl straight up started having her period during drama class once, it became very known once everyone stood up out of their seats.

It was really not her day.

That's about all I can think of.
Wow, something like that happened in my school too, only it was when we were jogging in gym. It was awkward at first, but then she noticed, said "Well, shit.", and started laughing. Once she started laughing, everyone else did, and it was never spoken of again.

Xiraiya

Wow, something like that happened in my school too, only it was when we were jogging in gym. It was awkward at first, but then she noticed, said "Well, shit.", and started laughing. Once she started laughing, everyone else did, and it was never spoken of again.

That's a good thing, this girl had the unfortunate bonus of not having many fans in people to begin with, teenage years seem pretty shitty for girls everywhere.

Top Bottom