• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Oberon

Banned
Nope.

Plus my New 3DS will help me forget that I will be single on Valentines Day

Funny enough I have some kind of story about this. I had to discuss with two girls when we will meet up to work on our presentation. And I said that I would be busy the the 14th
( because that's the day I'll spent playing monster hunter 4) So then one girl replyed, Yeah, there's no way we'll work on Valentines day ( I had no idea it was that day) So I said sure, that's the reason.
Yeah I am getting MH 4!

Okingjrr

In other news, I played some Alien Isolation today and boy is it great. It nails the atmosphere aspect really well! I stopped after
the chapter with the doctor
because I was at it for so long.
I've never felt this much tension, and I like it.

You two make me want a relationship, but at the same time make me realize I have to spend a shit load of time with that person, and that's exhausting..fuck that I don't know how you do it.

Happy birthday btw because I'll probably forget.

wait happend to the girl at the dollar store

In other news, I played some Alien Isolation today and boy is it great. It nails the atmosphere aspect really well! I stopped after
the chapter with the doctor
because I was at it for so long.
I've never felt this much tension, and I like it.

Damn right that game is great! GOTY material.

Zenfalcia

You two make me want a relationship, but at the same time make me realize I have to spend a shit load of time with that person, and that's exhausting..fuck that I don't know how you do it.

What's wrong with enjoying being with the person who you like? Now, if you didn't enjoy being with them, then that's a not the same.

Jman014

Btw Gat out of Hell is more or less just Saints Row 4 with a Hell skin on the city and powers, at least from what I've played so far. Same with activities and stuff. But if you like Saints Row like me, then you'll enjoy it still. Has familiar faces too from like SR2 and 3! I heard there's a certain character from 1 that's in it too.

Xiraiya

People in general are exhausting <.< I don't meet enough people to meet someone I would wanna spend obscene amounts of time with.
Protip: Every relationship is exhausting, until you're in the right one.
Exactly this, it's hard to understand or believe I know, but when you're with the right person, just being together and doing everything or nothing is just as enjoyable and effortless, they're the person you go to when you want to recuperate from everything else that is exhausting you, because they won't.

It's that simple.

Btw Gat out of Hell is more or less just Saints Row 4 with a skin on the city and powers, at least from what I've played so far. Same with activities and stuff. But if you like Saints Row like me, then you'll enjoy it still. Has familiar faces too from like SR2 and 3! I heard there's a certain character from 1 that's in it too.

I'm amazed they still reference the first one. I never met anyone in IRL or the internet who has played that game.

People in general are exhausting <.< I don't meet enough people to meet someone I would wanna spend obscene amounts of time with.
Romance, or maybe love specifically, kinda negates that. I know people just like me and you who can't stand being around other people for too long, but they spend every waking moment with their SO.

Tako

I just made dinner reservations and bought a big teddy bear, ordered roses and requested the day after off. My account is going to suffer a bit but it's all going to worth it

Also finally started nocturne today. Demi-fiend is such a tool on the title screen, just standing there with all those super badass demons behind him.

He wishes we was cool as someone like Yosuke. Now that's a cool guy.

I played and beat it! Those were the OG Saints back in the day. Oh Saints Row 1. I remember you fondly.
Fondly? I like it too, but it's not too great all things considered. Horribly stiff movement, lackluster writing, and a pretty unsatisfying ending. And this is a personal complaint, but most of the music sucked. Good game otherwise. I still like it.

Also finally started nocturne today. Demi-fiend is such a tool on the title screen, just standing there with all those super badass demons behind him.
He wishes we was cool as someone like Yosuke. Now that's a cool guy.

2417857-kkiii.jpg
Not pictured: Yosuke being Yosuke

Jman014

You're the only person whose played that game

SR2 da bes

Fondly? I like it too, but it's not too great all things considered. Horribly stiff movement, lackluster writing, and a pretty unsatisfying ending. And this is a personal complaint, but most of the music sucked. Good game otherwise. I still like it.

I loved the series even more once the boss was able to be voiced by Laura Bailey.

Romance, or maybe love specifically, kinda negates that. I know people just like me and you who can't stand being around other people for too long, but they spend every waking moment with their SO.

I'm the same way. I hate being around other people but spend most of my free time with my GF. She's cool though cause she doesn't require me to post attention to her all the time. We enjoy sitting in the same room doing our own thing.

I'm the same way. I hate being around other people but spend most of my free time with my GF. She's cool though cause she doesn't require me to post attention to her all the time. We enjoy sitting in the same room doing our own thing.
I have a very very small handful of friends that I'm super comfortable around and we can just sit in the same room and do our own things. It's really nice.
Who was I just playing with? Croten and who else?
Me, yo

Zenfalcia

So, I've been reading more monster, although I should watch the anime. :/ Woof. It just keep getting better and better. Spoilers for Monster.
So, what's this about Johan having two personalities? Man. It seemed so simple at first, but it just gets deeper and deeper

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I have a very very small handful of friends that I'm super comfortable around and we can just sit in the same room and do our own things. It's really nice.

Me, yo

Me too. I have 4 go to friends, a guy and 3 girls, and then a few auxiliaries. The best is when you and your best friend both get a game on it's release day and you just go over and play your games in one of your basements. Not a lot of talking, just playing some games.

Jman014

I heard, and don't quote me on this, that volition are going back to the style of one and two. You know, more serious and shit. And that'd fine, as long as it didn't try to copy gta.

I'd be down for that...I personally like the current crew, so I'd miss them a bit.

I heard, and don't quote me on this, that volition are going back to the style of one and two. You know, more serious and shit. And that'd fine, as long as it didn't try to copy gta.
I honeslty don't know if Ican go back to driving to place to place after having super powers. And I can't go back to super powers after being able to fucking fly with gat out of hell.

I'd be down for that...I personally like the current crew, so I'd miss them a bit.
I think three games
for most of em
is more than enough. Sure, it'd suck to see someone like gat go, but I'm fine with it. Besides, I doubt volition would take them out completely anyway. There'd have to be cameos of some kind. Especially for gat.

croten

I honeslty don't know if Ican go back to driving to place to place after having super powers. And I can't go back to super powers after being able to fucking fly with gat out of hell.

Ugh, the super powers in 4 are boring as hell. The only good one is the gliding and that ruins the entire game.

Well where would the series go from here? Galactic domination? I don't see that happening at all, no matter how stupid the story gets or how op gat supposedly is. There's nowhere to go.

Top Bottom