• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

That looks adorable.
I almost started collecting figures when I saw that for $40 on amazon.
tumblr_nfvbkv4A8R1sbuqkco4_1280.jpg

This is the same person.
WHOA Johnny Depp turned into a girl! That's some crazy makeup.
This is weird. Some parts of armor aren't available, like Barroth mail will be available but Rathain mail won't. And Rathian vambraces will be available and Barroth vambraces won't. Why? I need the full set!
You haven't gotten the drops required to make them, so they don't show up.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Happy to see you managing to change things.
I was in a quite bad situation too for tha last few years too. The last few months were significantly better tho, but I kind of feel under pressure now, and have the constant fear that I fuck up or something...
Maybe I should just take Mayas advice and simply "Think positivily"?

I just got to that part of IS.
That's usually a good way of looking at it. I manage by being arrogantly confident in myself so no one can insult me. IDGAF what anyone thinks of me, which is a good an a bad thing.

360pages

I really starting to dislike event pokemon. I know it's not a big deal, but for pokemon that have their hidden ability and can be used online it is super annoying. They have online, there is no reason why events shouldn't be usable for all games.

Gen 4 events almost all of them could be gotten on any cart. (DPPt HG/SS) Even events made mostly for HG/SS could still be downloaded from D/P. Restricting events within the same gen is super annoying to me.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I really starting to dislike event pokemon. I know it's not a big deal, but for pokemon that have their hidden ability and can be used online it is super annoying. They have online, there is no reason why events shouldn't be usable for all games.

Gen 4 events almost all of them could be gotten on any cart. (DPPt HG/SS) Even events made mostly for HG/SS could still be downloaded from D/P. Restricting events within the same gen is super annoying to me.

Just be like me and go cold turkey with Pokemon. I literally don't care about anything Pokemon related. I played every game up to X and Y, and I'm done. I don't care what they add in, it won't make it fun for me. It's a boring RPG. I'll play Persona and SMT, thanks.

360pages

Just be like me and go cold turkey with Pokemon. I literally don't care about anything Pokemon related. I played every game up to X and Y, and I'm done. I don't care what they add in, it won't make it fun for me. It's a boring RPG. I'll play Persona and SMT, thanks.

They are super addicting, but some of the shit they pull sometimes can be super annoying. Compare the Quality of HG/SS as a remake to the Quality of OR/AS.

I'm not getting OR/AS, no matter what, it looks interesting, but not interesting enough for me to shell out 40$ for it. I might limit myself to one game per gen now.

sjay1994

The answer to everything

'oh'

It has 5 non fleshed out endings
.... pretty sure its a jab at Mass Effect.

• Let Johnny go to heaven to be with the love of his life
  • Johnny becomes king of hell
  • They find a new planet for humans to live on
  • God retcons everything that happened from S1-4 creating a new universe
  • God tells Johnny the secrets of life and the universe

croten

'oh'

Number 4 sounds like the ending to part 6

Jman014

She's also Rise and does really good work in Anime. Her voice is so soothing and shes a good singer too.
She seems to do it all. I wonder if she's a nice person.
'oh'

I HAVE to finish this game now. I'll get on it once I finish with my stuff in WoW

Is it really that bad to you? Pokemon is still my favorite turn based combat engine, and still has a deep metagame for me.
Rip in peace Banana's wallet.
It'll be fine.

It won't be fine. It won't be fine at all.

Isn't today your burthday?

Happy birthday you squid monster!
It is, and thank you.

wait happend to the girl at the dollar store

Damn right that game is great! GOTY material.
I immediatly Alt+F4'ed out when she told me Country music was her life.

What's wrong with enjoying being with the person who you like? Now, if you didn't enjoy being with them, then that's a not the same.
I start out liking them, and the the infatuation goes away and I'm left with a person that I want nothing to do with and slowly start to loathe.

Btw Gat out of Hell is more or less just Saints Row 4 with a Hell skin on the city and powers, at least from what I've played so far. Same with activities and stuff. But if you like Saints Row like me, then you'll enjoy it still. Has familiar faces too from like SR2 and 3! I heard there's a certain character from 1 that's in it too.
I haven't played a SR game since 2 I might pick it up.

Exactly this, it's hard to understand or believe I know, but when you're with the right person, just being together and doing everything or nothing is just as enjoyable and effortless, they're the person you go to when you want to recuperate from everything else that is exhausting you, because they won't.

It's that simple.
You lucky bastard for finding that <.< I want my human bonfire damn it.

Romance, or maybe love specifically, kinda negates that. I know people just like me and you who can't stand being around other people for too long, but they spend every waking moment with their SO.
Can't find a person like that, I get really fucking envious when I see people like me who have a SO like that though. Because I want it but know it's really hard to find.

I just made dinner reservations and bought a big teddy bear, ordered roses and requested the day after off. My account is going to suffer a bit but it's all going to worth it
I have a fight stick, incense, tea, clothes, new bed sheets, some ekoyo hero prints on the way..my account will take a hit as well.

By the way I disappeared at a bad time apparently to go eat dinner. I share a birthday with Dean Winchester so I ate burgers and fries while singing Carry on My Wayward Son.

360pages

Is it really that bad to you? Pokemon is still my favorite turn based combat engine, and still has a deep metagame for me.

This I agree with, the saddest thing is that the main game is perfectly capable of being challenging. But they don't do it in fear it will turn down younger players. (Kids are a lot smarter than people give them credit for)

Really, only the first Gym Leader should focus on type advantage, all the other ones should focus on teaching players about the other mechanics in the game. Like Buffs, Status effects, weather and so on.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

It'll be fine.

It won't be fine. It won't be fine at all.

It's just boring. I played the shit out of them. No number of Megaevolutions can make it interesting again.

Would anyone here say that they were addicted to buying video games?

I'm putting together a new Gaming Community thread that would be a shopaholic's support thread to deter over conspicuous consumption.

It would help me figure out how many Gaffers are just as impulsive at video game purchases as I can be.

I'm putting together a new Gaming Community thread that would be a shopaholic's support thread to deter over conspicuous consumption.

It would help me figure out how many Gaffers are just as impulsive at video game purchases as I can be.

I impulse buy a lot. But it's mostly for games that are under $10. It is really enjoyable going into a game 100% blind

Can't find a person like that, I get really fucking envious when I see people like me who have a SO like that though. Because I want it but know it's really hard to find.
Two of my really good friends are in a relationship, and I catch myself thinking how they're basically the couple I want my relationship to be. Like, they just nail it. They're exactly like that too, just hanging out all the time.

LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REEEEST
DONT YOU CRY NO MORE
Is that a dark souls joke, or are you just a pyromaniac?
I think he means bonfire in the sense where it's something you feel comfortable just sitting with. Or Dark Souls.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I used to be pretty bad, but only for anime. Now I have two book shelves full of anime and I am gradually getting more, rather than buying a million things including shows I had already seen.

A nice little mix of both honestly.

I can't stand that man..if she would of said Whitechapel was her life and she didn't annoy me I would of slapped a ring on it.
But... but... she looks like Chie, doesn't she?

You can mold her into the perfect woman.

We talked about this earlier, don't force people to change. No matter how cute they may be.

I definitely was when I got my first job and bought a bunch of shit on steam for no reason. I've chilled out a bunch since then

Two of my really good friends are in a relationship, and I catch myself thinking how they're basically the couple I want my relationship to be. Like, they just nail it. They're exactly like that too, just hanging out all the time.

DONT YOU CRY NO MORE

I think he means bonfire in the sense where it's something you feel comfortable just sitting with. Or Dark Souls.

I fucking love Supernatural, hate the fanbase though.

Basically, I love being around a bonfire, probably the most calming thing ever, just darkness around me and a fire. Plus Dark Souls.

I don't really talk to any of my old friends anymore, we just grew apart.
I used to be pretty bad, but only for anime. Now I have two book shelves full of anime and I am gradually getting more, rather than buying a million things including shows I had already seen.

But... but... she looks like Chie, doesn't she?

You can mold her into the perfect woman.

We talked about this earlier, don't force people to change. No matter how cute they may be.
She did yeah, but she acted like a Trailer Park Queen.
Well. That sucks. Maybe try to be more lenient? I dunno...

Why not both?
No I'm lenient, it's just I'm a really tough person to be around sometimes, really minor things irritate the shit out me.

A good example would be if I'm watching someone play an RPG and they don't rotate their saves I will lose my fucking mind.

I fucking love Supernatural, hate the fanbase though.
what?
Basically, I love being around a bonfire, probably the most calming thing ever, just darkness around me and a fire. Plus Dark Souls.

I don't really talk to any of my old friends anymore, we just grew apart.
A fire at night is amazing. I have a little too much fun burning things too.
And yeah, a handful of my highschool friends went that way, just sorta don't text or keep up.

I impulse buy a lot. But it's mostly for games that are under $10. It is really enjoyable going into a game 100% blind

I definitely was when I got my first job and bought a bunch of shit on steam for no reason. I've chilled out a bunch since then

Good. Good.

What was your trigger and how were you able to control it?

A good example would be if I'm watching someone play an RPG and they don't rotate their saves I will lose my fucking mind.

I have over right all my saves

#noshame

Good. Good.

What was your trigger and how were you able to control it?

If a game is over 10 dollars I don't impulse buy it. If a game is under I think about the title and look at the art on steam real quick and then I hit buy.

Xiraiya

You lucky bastard for finding that <.< I want my human bonfire damn it.

Yeah I am, but I wasn't desperately searching for it either, I was just kind of doing my own thing and living my life however, and then there she was, which I think is the way it needs to be, rather than people killing themselves looking for some big romance.

I've never in my entire life understood peoples jealousy about other people's relationships (I get it if you have romantic feelings for one of the people obviously), both Beloved and I had some really pathetic and toxic friends who both got really upset with the idea of us being a couple and literally acted like jilted exes even though there was never anything remotely like that, it was really weird, and really dramatic.
Needless to say they are long gone, I haven't thought much about it.

The way I see it, jealous people in those situations have no right to ever be that demanding or to even feel that way, so they get dropped.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

DONT YOU CRY NO MORE

God. Valentines Day is going to be a hot mess of video gaming and sadness.

God damn librarians.
I have a thing for ponytails and glasses (librarians fall under this category sometimes), and I once saw my good friend in both at the same time. She was wearing my shirt (she asked for something to wear cause she didn't want to wear her long sleeved flannel - it was too hot), skinny jeans, half rimmed glasses slightly down on her nose, and a pony tail. I nearly asked her to marry me.
She looks super good in them but I didn't tell her because I worried I'd say something creepy.

Top Bottom