• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Just played straight through House of the Dead Overkill, making this the second time I've played this game since it came out. I had forgotten just how fucking absurd that final cutscene is, in a kind of No More Heroes true ending kind of way. Laughing my ass off in complete disbelief.

It's still not the the best House of the Dead, stuff like the screen recoil and some of the enemy behavior holds it back. Framerate too, but while I hate to plug the "cinematic" side of that argument, it kinda unintentionally fits with the shitty image quality of a grind house film. Still a hell of a lot of fun, and that aesthetic really makes that game.

HOTD 2 > 4 > Overkill > 1 > 3

semisonic

Banned
Just played straight through House of the Dead Overkill, making this the second time I've played this game since it came out. I had forgotten just how fucking absurd that final cutscene is, in a kind of No More Heroes true ending kind of way. Laughing my ass off in complete disbelief.

It's still not the the best House of the Dead, stuff like the screen recoil and some of the enemy behavior holds it back. Framerate too, but while I hate to plug the "cinematic" side of that argument, it kinda unintentionally fits with the shitty image quality of a grind house film. Still a hell of a lot of fun, and that aesthetic really makes that game.

HOTD 2 > 4 > Overkill > 1 > 3

No the gameplay is far from ideal.
But that's not what you're playing it for.
You're playing it for that scene in which the dude's glasses get punched off, and in the next shot they're still on his face. And then they're just on and off for the rest of the scene.

sjay1994

The universe has imploded

FyENoZm.jpg

WMNVljP.jpg

No the gameplay is far from ideal.
But that's not what you're playing it for.
You're playing it for that scene in which the dude's glasses get punched off, and in the next shot they're still on his face. And then they're just on and off for the rest of the scene.
You play the game too see a dude go off screen just to climb back into the womb of his 50 foot tall mutated mother.

And then argue about how the whole game is a fucking damning indictment of contemporary feminism.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
10 more and then I'll be good to go til at least 9

I've been playing for around 5 hours and I'm ready to play 3 more.

That being said, what's the longest you've ever spent playing a game straight (with intermittent food, drink, and bathroom breaks)?

I once played 14 hours of Persona 4 when I was 14. I didn't have much going on.

That being said, what's the longest you've ever spent playing a game straight (with intermittent food, drink, and bathroom breaks)?

I once played 20 hours of p3

Me and my friends spent about 20 hours straight playing Melee.

It was a crazy night. Now I don't think I could play a game for longer than 3 hours, unless I'm trying to beat the game in one sitting.

I played p4 for 7 hours straight like 4 months ago. I beat kanjis dungeon in a sitting.

I also almost brad shoemakered at one point

semisonic

Banned

I smashed for 16 hours straight one time at a tournament. Mostly project m, and a little melee.
No food, no breaks.
I've had many times that came close to that with various rpgs and other games. One time i nearly beat the custom robo story in a sitting.
Oh, and pso1 and 2. I've put over 500 hours into that with various characters, including 400 with the main one.
All offline. I played for nearly a full day straight when I first got it.

Shackzam

I played MK9 for 24 hours trying to git gud with a lot of top players online and did learn a lot, but found out that Stryker sucks ass and I switch to his police partner Kabal.

When skyrim came out I know I played that for at least 13 hours.

Top Bottom