• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

semisonic

Banned
Would anyone here say that they were addicted to buying video games?

I'm putting together a new Gaming Community thread that would be a shopaholic's support thread to deter over conspicuous consumption.

It would help me figure out how many Gaffers are just as impulsive at video game purchases as I can be.

I am absolutely fucking atrocious with that shit.
I'll just walk into a gamestop and walk out with ALL OF THEIR PRE-OWNED STUFF.
Or everything worth getting.
I have enough knowledge where I seldom pick up bad games, but I have sooooo many to play and I can't stop

semisonic

Banned
God. Valentines Day is going to be a hot mess of video gaming and sadness.

I have a thing for ponytails and glasses (librarians fall under this category sometimes), and I once saw my good friend in both at the same time. She was wearing my shirt (she asked for something to wear cause she didn't want to wear her long sleeved flannel - it was too hot), skinny jeans, half rimmed glasses slightly down on her nose, and a pony tail. I nearly asked her to marry me.
She looks super good in them but I didn't tell her because I worried I'd say something creepy.

There's nothing wrong with a complement as long as you don't make it creepy.

Rizzi

'oh'

It has 5 non fleshed out endings
.... pretty sure its a jab at Mass Effect.

• Let Johnny go to heaven to be with the love of his life
  • Johnny becomes king of hell
  • They find a new planet for humans to live on
  • God retcons everything that happened from S1-4 creating a new universe
  • God tells Johnny the secrets of life and the universe

One of these is clearly canon. How are they going to set up Saints Row V I wonder.

I have over right all my saves

#noshame
I will go into your game and progress and rotate those god damn saves behind your back.
Yeah I am, but I wasn't desperately searching for it either, I was just kind of doing my own thing and living my life however, and then there she was.

I've never in my entire life understood people's jealousy about other people's relationships (I get it if you have romantic feelings for one of the people obviously), both Beloved and I had some really pathetic and toxic friends who both got really upset with the idea of us being a couple and literally acted like jilted exes even though there was never anything remotely like that, it was really weird, and really dramatic.

Needless to say they are long gone, I haven't thought much about it.
I never got like that towards any one, the most I got was "God damn it I want that" I won't outright cause a couple shit, that's shitty. It's kinda like when you see someone playing Bloodborne, but you don't have money for a PS4, so you're like fuck..I want that.

As far as searching, I've kinda stopped. I just kinda do my thing, if a girl approaches me..great, if not..meh.

Squishy3

God damn librarians.
1973890_o.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
She did yeah, but she acted like a Trailer Park Queen.
She was a cute Kanker Sister.

Good. Good.

What was your trigger and how were you able to control it?

My trigger was sales. Anything on sale, I would buy because I might want to play it some day.

I learned to control it because I ran out of money and also I realized that my current computer couldn't run them. And the only opportunity I would have to get a new computer would be in several years, so I would have to wait that long.

Good. Good.

What was your trigger and how were you able to control it?
Steam summer sale was really triggering for me cause that was when I was finally starting to get a pretty good amount of cash.

I fixed that real quick when I realized how much money I was spending on games I really didn't care to finish. It really set in when I started college and hadn't saved up any money and was pretty broke that entire year of school. I still buy a lot of games now, hell I got three consoles in 2014. But now I focus on getting two or three really good games rather than eight or ten whatever games.

She was a cute Kanker Sister.

My trigger was sales. Anything on sale, I would buy because I might want to play it some day.

I learned to control it because I ran out of money and also I realized that my current computer couldn't run them. And the only opportunity I would have to get a new computer would be in several years, so I would have to wait that long.

Marie was pretty hot, would never date her though y'know..because STD's..

Zenfalcia

Imq gittin as gud as I can. Game says 'stare em down' so I do that and they slap the shit outta me. And they're
tough
sons a bitches.

Yeah, the game is basically lying to you. Sneak aka avoid them like the plague, run like crazy or waste all your bullets on trying to kill them.

Rizzi

Probably the planet one. Flying was the best part about gat out of hell so if they don't keep that in I don't know what will happen.

That part is ez, just fucking stand still and look at them.

Pretty sure they'll just reboot everything. SR3 was the best game of the series. I don't really think they can do superpowers again.

Would anyone here say that they were addicted to buying video games?

I'm putting together a new Gaming Community thread that would be a shopaholic's support thread to deter over conspicuous consumption.

It would help me figure out how many Gaffers are just as impulsive at video game purchases as I can be.

I probably used to be but I have really slowed down now. the only game I impulse in the last year was Huniepop and the only new releases I grabbed from 2014 were Infamous, South Park, MGS Ground Zero, Beyond Earth, Bayonetta 2, Ultimax, PQ and Xrd which is way less than the previous years. Hell the only game I bought for myself over the autumn and winter steam sales was Hatoful Boyfriend for $5

I've never in my entire life understood peoples jealousy about other people's relationships (I get it if you have romantic feelings for one of the people obviously), both Beloved and I had some really pathetic and toxic friends who both got really upset with the idea of us being a couple and literally acted like jilted exes even though there was never anything remotely like that, it was really weird, and really dramatic.
Needless to say they are long gone, I haven't thought much about it.

The way I see it, jealous people in those situations have no right to ever be that demanding or to even feel that way, so they get dropped.
I'm almost entirely certain I'm not like that, at least I hope I don't come off that way. The worst I do is ask to hang out a lot more, since we all see each other way less as their priorities shift. The only hint of jealously I have is how they've got something really special, so it's really in tandem with being really happy for them.
Supernatural, the show? You've never watched it? It's great, but the fanbase is awful.
I know it's a show, I'm just wondering where the comment came from lol.
^ This. Girls actually really like friendly complements. At least, every one I've spoken to.

I'm almost entirely certain I'm not like that, at least I hope I don't come off that way. The worst I do is ask to hang out a lot more, since we all see each other way less as their priorities shift. The only hint of jealously I have is how they've got something really special, so it's really in tandem with being really happy for them.

I know it's a show, I'm just wondering where the comment came from lol.
^ This. Girls actually really like friendly complements. At least, every one I've spoken to.
I love the show it's fantastic. You should give it a watch sometime.

This is the most accurate description of being single (at least in my case) I have ever seen.
I know right? I figured it would resonate well with BestGAF.

Xiraiya

You're fine if you simply want something they have, it's when envious people get really resentful and angry towards them about it where it's like "What the fuck is wrong with you."

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I know they do, but she looked so attractive I feel like I would have been like, "You look really, really good in that. Wear it more often."

The Bud Bundy in me makin' a comeback.

croten

Pretty much, a girl who I had a crush on at the time was wearing my jumper and I told her it looked good on her. I didn't say it as a creepy thing or anything I just legitimately thought she suited my jumper more than me.

Yeah some people don't understand that "man id fuck you" isn't a great compliment, go look up straight white boys texting
But
"Hey that dress looks really good!"
Is really nice cause it helps a person feel more confident about their appearance.

semisonic

Banned
I was playing chronophantasma the other day
I know, I kinda regret it
no really tho, blazblue's not that bad if you can understand the systems
and I realized how fucking awesome bullet is. The world needs more moving grapplers in things that aren't chaos code.
Plus her theme is super good. Ishawatari did his job and he did it gud

Yeah some people don't understand that "man id fuck you" isn't a great compliment, go look up straight white boys texting
But
"Hey that dress looks really good!"
Is really nice cause it helps a person feel more confident about their appearance.
Pretty much, a girl who I had a crush on at the time was wearing my jumper and I told her it looked good on her. I didn't say it as a creepy thing or anything I just legitimately thought she suited my jumper more than me.
One of my friends got her hair cut down to this really cool short cut, I just thought it looked really awesome, nothing to do with ulterior motives.

You don't have to want anything out of it. You can just enjoy making people feel good about their appearance. (Pretty much all my female friends have vented about confidence issues.)
I know they do, but she looked so attractive I feel like I would have been like, "You look really, really good in that. Wear it more often."

The Bud Bundy in me makin' a comeback.
Well that's ulterior motives. Depends on their personality how they'd take that. Rephrase it to, "BlahBlahBlah really suits you."
You just need an editor
This, Mathaou. Use a word filter.

One of my friends got her hair cut down to this really cool short cut, I just thought it looked really awesome, nothing to do with ulterior motives.

You don't have to want anything out of it. You can just enjoy making people feel good about their appearance. (Pretty much all my female friends have vented about confidence issues.)

Well that's ulterior motives. Depends on their personality how they'd take that. Rephrase it to, "BlahBlahBlah really suits you."

This, Mathaou. Use a word filter.
I was with a girl one time and she was wearing my hoodie, I told her it looked better on her then it did on me, and she kept it. I never fucking got that hoodie back. I miss that hoodie.

Top Bottom