• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Zenfalcia

HdbJaPE.gif

10/10 database database wow wow wow

Feel no shame about shape
Weather changes their phrase
Even mother will show you another way
So put your grasses on
Nothing will be wong
There's no blame, there's no frame
It's up to you
The first words should be finded
Whatever hold you back
I can, I can get it off

Tell me wha, tell me wha, tell me what you want
I don't know why, don't know why, don't know why you 'fraid
Tell me what, tell me what, tell me what you say
I don't know why, don't know why, too late, it's too late

Have no fear for real
It's just a turning wheel
Once you start up there's no other way
Don't put your eyes on boots
Step forward your roots
There's no aid, there's no trade
It belongs to you

Before you miss something given
You should know what's the truth
I can, I can make it out

Tell me what, tell me what, tell me what you want
I don't know why, don't know why, don't know why you afraid

Before you miss something given
You should know what's the truth
I can, I can make it out

I actually really like it mechanically. Best console shooter. I just wish it was closer to a traditional progression of levels.

Will maybe buy Destiny 2.
I honestly enjoy Borderlands more, it's not as good mechanically, but I enjoy the goofy bullshit and some of it makes me laugh.

semisonic

Banned
2 had way better humor then 1.

Handsome Jack just being a cocky asshole usually made me laugh, plus you got Angel who was pretty good waifu material.

2 was better than one in almost every way, save gun feel, having not grenade launching or burst fire assault rifles, the bullshit that is the masher(got carried from level 36 to 61 by the SAME FUCKING GUN) and dumb weapons like the spy with a fire rate of 21.
That being said, those factors are basically enough for me to like the first one more.

Zenfalcia

2 was better than one in almost every way, save gun feel, having not grenade launching or burst fire assault rifles, the bullshit that is the masher(got carried from level 36 to 61 by the SAME FUCKING GUN) and dumb weapons like the spy with a fire rate of 21.
That being said, those factors are basically enough for me to like the first one more.

1 could have such dumb gun combinations that made them useful for whole games. It's fun when you just get a broken game that shouldn't even exist.

croten

They're both terrible games anyway.

Fuck Randy Pitchford
I don't know what you're talking about. This is some BAFTA level writing.

If you're already aware that your humour consists of memes then why the fuck do you continue to do it? It baffles me.

I agree, it improved in every way especially story, but the gun feel went to shit. Even now I go back and play my soldier character with an assault rifle..shit feels good man.

Is that TPS? Yeah. I won't touch that.

2 had way better humor then 1.

Handsome Jack just being a cocky asshole usually made me laugh, plus you got Angel who was pretty good waifu material.
I hate Handsome Jack as a character far more than anything ever. I played like 80 hours of both Borderlands 1 and 2 because of co op. His voice in your ear. All. The. Damn. Time.
That at least cranks the joke to 11.

So on the third Berserk blu ray there are almost 50 minutes of out takes, coming from both the first movie and the third. Some of them are pretty good

croten

I wouldn't say the second one is terrible, just incredibly poor. I spent a lot of time playing it co-op with two other friends, but that was revolved more around us fucking around and doing stupid shit. I tried actually playing it solo and I didn't last ten minutes.

It has the initial "weapon farming/customization/optimization" pull going, but once you quickly realize that the system is broken, all that remains is the shitty writing, enemy design, level design and everything. I had a bit of fun playing it co-op, but I'm never touching another borderlands game again.

I never played it Co-op. I kinda see it as a fault that you need friends to play it with you to have fun with it.

semisonic

Banned
You love it though. You love Butt Stallion

I do tho!
I think his opening dialogue is probably the best he gets all along.
It always bothered the shit out of me that the goddam el presidente of fucking Hyperion didn't have a new-u account. That final boss should have never ended.
Oh it's actually called suck your blood...
No it's before my body is dry.

croten

I do tho!
I think his opening dialogue is probably the best he gets all along.
It always bothered the shit out of me that the goddam el presidente of fucking Hyperion didn't have a new-u account. That final boss should have never ended.

I think that new-u stuff is fucking stupid. Just lock my account and your problem is solved. Actually why did
Roland
die? Shouldn't he have a new-u account as well?

semisonic

Banned
Yep, it's definitely not a good game and I'm definitely defending the actual game. I'm just saying that it's a lot easier to digest if you're just fucking around together with others.
If the game didn't have a girl with a robot arm and a robot pet and if I didn't have anyone to play it with, I would have dropped it within the first few hours.

I fucking hated the mechromancer. Summons that you can't control should feel super powerful and not shitty, like bloodwing. Otherwise, you've got nothing but passive stat increases, which are boring.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yep, it's definitely not a good game and I'm definitely NOT defending the actual game. I'm just saying that it's a lot easier to digest if you're just fucking around together with others.
If the game didn't have a girl with a robot arm and a robot pet and if I didn't have anyone to play it with, I would have dropped it within the first few hours.

EDIT: GODDAMN IT! I need to proofread my posts before I actually post them at this hour.

So thats why I didn't like that game...

Top Bottom