• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

semisonic

Banned
That's because you're looking at it the wrong way. The robot for me was not my main source of damage output, I was. The robot creates distractions while I clear the rooms of all enemies within seconds and others start telling me to leave something for them as well.

I don't know, I feel that that purpose is served better by Zero's actually creating a double, increasing movement speed and damage at the same time, with the possibility to extend the mode. It had more of an effect on gameplay rather than feeling like I have an extra bad co op buddy. I've got enough of those already

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It's not for everyone but I'm sure you'll find some enjoyment out of it.

Damn the romance in this show

Was there meant to be a comma there or is it bad?

I thought Aang and Katara were the cutest, along with Sakka and whatsherface the Kiyoshi Warrior. So is Korra worse?

Jman014

I watched the first season and what you mentioned are all I know about too.

Oh now that I know it's not bad I'll definitely like it though I know there are some rough parts.
Enjoy the rest of the show when you watch it eventually!

I thought Aang and Katara were the cutest, along with Sakka and whatsherface the Kiyoshi Warrior. So is Korra worse?

Meh I'm not a fan of the romance in Korra. Oh well, though.

JoJo94

10931432_868543916513041_2997960708770531741_n.png

semisonic

Banned
Here's the thing, I don't like it if I have to resort to other things to be efficient. I like to deal damage myself, not let others do the work. Considering the mancer has the highest damage output by far for the first one or two playthroughs, I didn't feel the need to wholly rely on my buddy to do so. That being said, that robot can deal insane amounts of damage if you prep for it, so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that he's useless. I respecced about 3/4th of the game to try it out more properly and it was still out-damaging everyone as long as it was active.

I think it wasn't so much that it was bad, as I saw the assassin as a far better alternative. This was both to satisfy my immense fetish for high movement speed and good damage with snipers.
Different strokes for different folks i guess

Jman014

I personally enjoyed the show but it has problems. I'd still recommend it to people, though.

And yeah the romance in ATLA was nicer than Korra imo, just think that those shipping wars were more nuts back in the days. Korra should have had no romance...which is an extreme but meh, hopefully won't repeat in future Avatar shows.

I understand. I just didn't want to focus around a single weapon and liked how the mancer could take practically every weapon and decimate with it. When it came to borderlands, I just like to shoot the thing and watch my bullets deflect off of walls as I scream about anarchy and make lewd comments along with my buddy cop robut. Seriously though, the Mechromancer is supremely broken for the first two playthroughs now that I think about it.
But yeah, enough Borderlands talk. Fuck that game.
So's the psycho once you get a high enough level. You get a skill where wgen your healty is at a third, use your action skill, and you heal full and get like a 700% melee damage bonus. That shit is broken as hell.

I do tho!
I think his opening dialogue is probably the best he gets all along.
It always bothered the shit out of me that the goddam el presidente of fucking Hyperion didn't have a new-u account. That final boss should have never ended.

No it's before my body is dry.

Oh god that would have been rage inducing, you have to shut down the NewU system to kill him, if you die you go back to the start of the hyperion gate.

croten

It's fine it's fine.
Everything's fine.

I just bought a core drill keychain and now debating whether or not to get black lagoons DVD set or TTGL in bits and pieces to placate my impulse.

It would probably be cheaper, for the ultimate edition at least, to buy a EU Blu ray player and the TTGL Ultimate edition.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It's fine it's fine.
Everything's fine.

I just bought a core drill keychain and now debating whether or not to get black lagoons DVD set or TTGL in bits and pieces to placate my impulse.

I have one of those keychains, I've just made the thing it came on (a small metal ring thing) my entire key ring. Everyones like, "Why the hell do you have a drill on your keys?" and my response is to point to the sky and punch them.

I have one of those keychains, I've just made the thing it came on (a small metal ring thing) my entire key ring. Everyones like, "Why the hell do you have a drill on your keys?" and my response is to point to the sky and punch them.

Oops I meant necklace, but keychain sounds tempting.

I see. The Psycho wasn't out yet when I played it. With Mechromancer, you put a point into anarchy and raise preshrunk cyberpunk, Smaller lighter faster and Close enough to max. Put one point into blood soaked shield and you're invincible. In almost all situations (that aren't bullet sponge bosses. For those you have to move), you could literally just stand still, aim at the ground and kill everyone.

You're pretty much utterly broken at level 21, which is very early game. You have a multitude of ways to raise your damage output even higher at higher levels (There is in fact a single pistol later on that utterly breaks the mechromancer even further), but the character loses her unparalleled efficiency around the 3rd playthrough or so as her damage output gets pulverized if she dies. Not a problem whatsoever for the first 100 hours, as the Mechromancer will literally never die if you're not playing as an idiot, but you surely know how insane the highest difficulty enemies can get.
The mechro starts to lose op-ness on ultimate because the robot gets less and less effective and basically turns into a glass cannon. Beyond that, every single enemy is a bullet sponge. The only reasonable way to make any progress is to do co-op. It's incredibly obvious that bk2 was balanced around co-op.

Top Bottom