• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

I think you mean the opposite? The damage output of Gaige herself is far higher than that of her robot or any other character (barring psycho? Haven't seen or played him). She's practically invincible at first, making her robot irrelevant. Only when the efficiency of an anarchy playstyle lessens is it good to switch to the robot, but at that point, the robot has already started to become less effective. Enemies only become actual bullet sponges at the highest difficulty (at which point everything is a bullet sponge). Before that a single shot (or maybe two) is generally enough to kill every non-boss enemy.

And yeah, it is indeed banced around co-op, which I find to be a mistake, but still understandable.
For the first few levels after getting the action skill, dt carries her completely. It's only after you pump a few points into close enough that he becomes irrelevant. However, if you put points into the best freinds tree, dt gets waaay stronger because of the explosive clap and strength of five gorillas skills(I think, it's been a while), turning into the glass cannon. So basically, we're both right. And the psycho has the highest damage output by far. Strictly melee damge, but still.

Edit: Just saw what you added. It's all good.

Spagooter

Neo Member
How difficult is Kid Icarus: Uprising to control for lefties? It's fairly cheap on the e-shop, so I'm thinking about getting it.

Late as hell but
Jesus Christ that's insane.
Yeah, it's fine though
That's the coolest!
what are you playing
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Git gud tho. I actually need to see what happens if you let time run out. If you actually want to battle just turn off the animations.
Probably the building blowing up and/or a game over. I left them on, finished with way more than enough time. Also just fought the boss, he kicked my ass and all that XP went to the OP character that doesn't need it. I am the best

How difficult is Kid Icarus: Uprising to control for lefties? It's fairly cheap on the e-shop, so I'm thinking about getting it.

I haven't played the game myself but I heard that the Circle Pad Pro is almost required to play it for lefties. It could just be an exaggeration, I don't know for sure

Probably the building blowing up and/or a game over. I left them on, finished with way more than enough time. Also just fought the boss, he kicked my ass and all that XP went to the OP character that doesn't need it. I am the best
Man you really shouldn't play the P2:IS remake straight into EP. That was a pretty easy EP spoiler:
boss fight since all you need to do is focus Joker.

Man you really shouldn't play the P2:IS remake straight into EP. That was a pretty easy EP spoiler:
boss fight since all you need to do is focus Joker.

I had Tatsuya beat on Sudou and the rest on the enemies at first but then I did it backwards since it was the enemies that were doing the most damage, I should've done that sooner. Then Sudou did that Joker bullshit that makes you AoE your own party

Woof, aside from a bajillion PS2 problems, that kinda worked. At least I have the bandwidth for it.

Thanks to everyone who popped in.

Now imma watch the new SH part

sjay1994

Ed boon is the greatest shit poster.

Reposts fan image of sweet tooth and marcus fenix as platform exclusive characters....

Gaming side of GAF gets their jimmies rustled and complains about state of the industry.

Yeah, but those are five levels or so, which you pass incredibly quickly. And yeah, I know that you can make the robot quite powerful relatively early too, but I generally stuck with Anarchy until UVMH as it easily outperformed my trustworthy robot.

Also seriously? Do you mean the psycho's dps outperforms the mechromancer's during the first playthrough already or do you mean in the long run on higher difficulties? Because if it's the former, that's insane. The mechro literally clears rooms within two seconds without moving an inch or even aiming during the first two playthroughs. I'm a bit curious as to what the psycho could do if he could already immediately outdo that.
It's both actuall. Psycho's action skill without any other skills is an immediate 150%
I think
damage boost plus a noticeable move speed boost. His center tree, when maxed will end up giving you a well over 1000% boost. And his melee attacks are pretty damn fast too, so yeah, he's a little op.

Ed boon is the greatest shit poster.

Reposts fan image of sweet tooth and marcus fenix as exclusive characters....

Gaming side of GAF gets their jimmies rustled and complains about state of the industry.

I was just going to post the picture he posted.

Ed Boon is known for being a shit and trolling people, I don't know why people still take what he says seriously.
Did you meet Dante?
Nocturne couldn't handle the Moe~~~

Um just got a vehicle, made reservations, ordered roses and bought a pretty big teddy bear
Sounds fancy
going all right, Alexander Gustafson just walked into the octagon. you watching the fights? I think they are on Fox sports or something in America
Yes. Poor Hendo :(
Had a pretty good day.

What happened friend?
Nothing actually happened, just had a dream that hit me pretty hard. Like really hard.

I had Tatsuya beat on Sudou and the rest on the enemies at first but then I did it backwards since it was the enemies that were doing the most damage, I should've done that sooner. Then Sudou did that Joker bullshit that makes you AoE your own party
Heh heh. Thats my favorite. Git Gud.
I really like how you can't game over on that section since that fight in the original IS PSX version was a pain to do over.

Fine, for my standards.

That would be a lot better than watching two teams that I don't give a fuck about playing basketball.

it is the main event right now, i missed the other cards but it should be a good fight
Sounds fancy
Yes. Poor Hendo :(
Nothing actually happened, just had a dream that hit me pretty hard. Like really hard.

He is not what he used to be but he is one hell of a fighter. I don't like speculating about retirement but he is getting pretty old for the sport at this point

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh man, I am totally making a desktop wallpaper out of this cover.

7d4a266a5e5fd380d2ee6bf8dd979cdf

mrmyhthef

Morning (afternoon/evening/whatever) everyone.

I had a dream about naval warfare, taking a chainsaw to the back of the head and sneaking through airport security. All in all a pretty memorable dream.

One of those dreams with dark shit that feel real? They kinda suck
Sort of. The beginning of the dream was which didn't bother me but then it turned in to something deep and triggered personal issues even though what was going on was nice. Hard to explain without falling back in to my depressed state.

it is the main event right now, i missed the other cards but it should be a good fight

He is not what he used to be but he is one hell of a fighter. I don't like speculating about retirement but he is getting pretty old for the sport at this point

No fight for me I guess. Fucking Charter...

The damage boost seems similar as the one the mechromancer can achieve and with the fibber weapon, she can basically have said damage output be applied fully (without any decrease in damage) to each pellet from that weapon. Combine that with the fact that you have many skills that greatly increase your firing and reloading speed, you can once again clear rooms within mere seconds as each one of these bullets and pellets auto-aim towards enemies and pick them off multiple at a time.

I could literally walk into a room with half a dozen enemies, immediately shoot the floor and see every enemy fall within two seconds regardless of where they're standing. Considering the psycho has to actually move to deal damage, I'm still not entirely convinced about him beating the mechromancer in dps at first, but I can understand him surpassing her on higher difficulties.
Trust me on this, psycho wins. I've played both way more than I probably should have, and the psyhco kills way faster. Anything that isn't a boss or armored is probably going down in 1 to 3 hits on medium difficulty, more on ultimate naturally. Yes, you do have to actually move for the psycho, but he's mowing through jobbers so fast it doesn't matter. Try him out if you ever get the chance, you'll see what I mean.

croten

Sort of. The beginning of the dream was which didn't bother me but then it turned in to something deep and triggered personal issues even though what was going on was nice. Hard to explain without falling back in to my depressed state.

Shit sound not great, just think happy thoughts instead!

Heh heh. Thats my favorite. Git Gud.
I really like how you can't game over on that section since that fight in the original IS PSX version was a pain to do over.
Yeah it was really lenient. Needed more revives. All that XP though
Dreams are fucking weird yo. I had a dream I looked like a girl and it fucked with me. I had also dreamt I was a girl way way way before that and was fine. Brains are dicks

Top Bottom