• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Sure, I'll send you a detailed piece tomorrow. I'm getting more sleepy by the minute (it's almost 5 a.m), so I'm not starting now =P.
Alright, appreciated. If you wanna post it in the thread other people might be interested but I dunno. PM is fine.
Eh, even Majora's mask has the problem where you're fucking around as a Deku Scrub for a mandatory 52min before you start the game proper.
Damn, it's that long for 3 days? I never knew the exact figure of time. I use the Scarecrow to fast forward. If you don't know that though, yeah.

croten

Alright, appreciated. If you wanna post it in the thread other people might be interested but I dunno. PM is fine.
Damn, it's that long for 3 days? I never knew the exact figure of time. I use the Scarecrow to fast forward. If you don't know that though, yeah.

It's actually faster during the first cycle. I think it's roughly an hour long per day afterwards, not sure exactly and I might be pulling out of my ass.

Easy. Fix the second boss from not being shit, fix underwater swimming controls and fix some of the stupid bugs the original had. I know they can't change certain boss patterns or certain dungeon designs (though it has some amazing dungeons as well), occasional pacing issues and the fragmented world design is up to personal taste, so I'm not asking anything about those.
The second boss? The cool rolling one? That was cool...until like the 10th time you hit him.

croten

Easy. Fix the second boss from not being shit, fix underwater swimming controls and fix some of the stupid bugs the original had. I know they can't change certain boss patterns or certain dungeon designs (though it has some amazing dungeons as well), occasional pacing issues and the fragmented world design is up to personal taste, so I'm not asking anything about those.

They said they are dramatically changing one of the bosses, I think.

They said they are dramatically changing one of the bosses, I think.

Aonuma said:
While I can’t say much about it… one thing— a boss fight has been changed. Upon trying a boss fight on the original version for the first time in a while after playing the remake, it’s like, ‘how do I beat this guy again?’ it’s that type of content.
I think they're just mixing it up.
They didn't say. I'm hoping either that they make the Fish boss less awful or they make Majora different when
you get fierce diety
to make it more challenging or add a new form.

THAT'D BE AMAZING

croten

I hope they change the majora battle regardless of whether you get that. But yeah, I'd be fine with them only improving that terrible, terrible fish boss as well. God the controls sucked for that part and the boss itself only made it more frustrating.

I hate that fish boss so much, IIRC his normal attacks deal several hearts of damage and every time you go in the water to hit him it always felt like a huge risk due to the bad controls and it was nearly a 50/50 chance to not get hurt.

I just realized how many of you guys wouldn't be able to do some of the post game stuff in Disgaea.
Why's that
It feels much longer. I think you're underestimating what point you're at. I'm not sure since I haven't finished it yet, but I'm surprised that its on going.
I'm judging based on the amount of CDs I can buy at Giga Macho I mean Seedy CD. What part are you at? I'm going to
GOLD
tomorrow

360pages

Why's that

I'm judging based on the amount of CDs I can buy at Giga Macho I mean Seedy CD. What part are you at? I'm going to
GOLD
tomorrow

You guys, lack a certain amount of patience. You guys probably wouldn't really make it too far into it since the game is just grinding the game.

Why's that

GOLD
tomorrow
I'm 4-6 dungeons ahead of you. There is a lot of stuff that happens in EP. Be like Maya in that dungeon. Make sure you talk to everyone after every event. There is a pretty cool scene over there.

I simply meant that it was just another dude with a sword.

I'm pretty bummed Zelda 2 and OoT's Dark Link fights are super lame and don't feel fair.
Mine too.
Also fuck you guys. It's your fault that now I'm listening to Berserk OP on a loop
S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o.gif

croten

You guys, lack a certain amount of patience. You guys probably wouldn't really make it too far into it since the game is just grinding the game.

I like Disgaea. I don't like text that scrolls at a snails pace which disgaea doesn't have. I don't like unskipable cutscenes. Which Disgaea doesn't have.

Arclight could maybe do it, and those other Nier/Drakenguard nutjobs
who I will be joining eventually
I'm 4-6 dungeons ahead of you. There is a lot of stuff that happens in EP. Be like Maya in that dungeon. Make sure you talk to everyone after every event. There is a pretty cool scene over there.
I've been trying to do that yeah. In the beginning I was like "YEAH LET'S THINK POSITIVE". I've been talking to people twice because I noticed they have 2-3 dialogues sometimes

Top Bottom