• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

You know, continuing on my Sega arcade binge as well as in anticipation for 3D Outrun in March, I'm gonna get a copy of Outrun Coast 2 Coast once I'm done with these HOTD games. Thankfully that version isn't Xbox exclusive like Outrun 2 was, though I want to play that version at least once in my life if only for the Daytona 2 and SCUD Race tracks being in it.

Yep, add to the fact that you are pretty much doing the exact same 5 things for hours upon hours.
I get a kick out of seeing large numbers on the screen, so as long as the numbers get bigger each time I reincarnate/level up an item, i don't mind repeating the process over and over again.

croten

I get a kick out of seeing large numbers on the screen, so as long as the numbers get bigger each time I reincarnate/level up an item, i don't mind repeating the process over and over again.

I agree, it's simple, cheap gratification but it works well enough. Well I'm going to hit the sack too. Night guys.

CoD4's SP was solid.
I heard it was okay. Will never ever touch it.
Didn't you beat that game GAF was hyping as the best SP shooters in years, but its just a ok game?
It's okay. The shooting feels good, but it isn't anything special. It has a major identity crisis, not knowing if it wants the be the 90s style shooter it was, or a COD style shooting gallery.

The stealth feels good tho. The sound mixing, especially on the shotgun (A unsatisfying shotgun in a FPS should be illegal) is fucking terrible.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I haven't made an avatar bet yet, come to think of it.
I think we'll get news on SMTXFE by the end of March.
Any takers?

Me. I doubt we'll hear anything about that so close to the new FE game they just announced. I'm saying past March, maybe April or May.

sjay1994

I heard it was okay. Will never ever touch it.

It's okay. The shooting feels good, but it isn't anything special. It has a major identity crisis, not knowing if it wants the be the 90s style shooter it was, or a COD style shooting gallery.

The stealth feels good tho. The sound mixing, especially on the shotgun (A unsatisfying shotgun in a FPS should be illegal) is fucking terrible.

I'd hardly call myself an expert on FPS games, but Wolfenstien was ok. I bought it day 1, since I wanted something to play, and I just found it ok.

I come on to GAF, and everyone is praising it like nuts, and I thought I was missing something. I don't think I was. Ok game is ok.

I think we had the conversation before, but shooting mechanics wise, Destiny was the best. Shame the rest of the game is marred in bullshit.

But Far Cry was the all around I had the most fun with. I rode elephants, flew wingsuits and had a portable mortar. Fun times.

FyENoZm.jpg

Have you guys seen Woolie do the fusion dance with himself at Magfest?

I'd hardly call myself an expert on FPS games, but Wolfenstien was ok. I bought it day 1, since I wanted something to play, and I just found it ok.

I come on to GAF, and everyone is praising it like nuts, and I thought I was missing something. I don't think I was. Ok game is ok.

I think we had the conversation before, but shooting mechanics wise, Destiny was the best. Shame the rest of the game is marred in bullshit.

But Far Cry was the all around I had the most fun with. I rode elephants, flew wingsuits and had a portable mortar. Fun times.
Oh God, Destiny is so fun to shoot in. Bungie may have fucked everything about that game, but the shooting is pure perfection, even on a controller.

Blood Dragon felt good to shoot in, so I'm assuming FC4 feels pretty good too. But Uplay...

Man this was a horrible year for shooters.

sjay1994

Oh God, Destiny is so fun to shoot in. Bungie may have fucked everything about that game, but the shooting is pure perfection, even on a controller.

Blood Dragon felt good to shoot in, so I'm assuming FC4 feels pretty good too. But Uplay...

Man this was a horrible year for shooters.

I think thats why I still play destiny with friends, the shooting feels good, and the Slot style loot system is so scummy, but engaging enough that you keep playing, but are essentially making no progress. That shooting in a proper game would be great, but Destiny is sadly Destiny.

Yeah, shooting feels good in farcry as well.

Why don't you pick it up on a console? Sadly, ubi won't let uplay go.

Top Bottom