• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

croten

wGGYAEL.jpg

I uh...I do indeed like the one on the right.

You have a vita TV right? Senran Kagura beckons...

Gamer Y

Morning, evening, whatever Frienders!

Man I missed Smash last night, I was watching Iron Galaxy show off Omen.

Sorry about your night Aaron.

And how did that go? Once wrasslin is discussed, I kinda zone out so I might of missed it.

It was three white guys rapping outside a bar. How do you think it went?

One of the guys is actually trying to be a rapper and thought he could do good shit, but was just as awkward and obnoxious as us.

croten

It was three white guys rapping outside a bar. How do you think it went?

One of the guys is actually trying to be a rapper and thought he could do good shit, but was just as awkward and obnoxious as us.

White guys should never rap.
We haven't got the sound for it.

Wow, I forgot ranger mode was dlc for last light. That's bullshit.

It was free if you bought the game new.

Last Light came out during the period when games were trying to figure out how to stop people from buying pre-owned games. It didn't really work out, but it's still a better system then a online pass.

It was free if you bought the game new.

Last Light came out during the period when games were trying to figure out how to stop people from buying pre-owned games. It didn't really work out, but it's still a better system then a online pass.
That doesn't make it much better imo. $5 extra for the 'real' game is messed up.

White guys should never rap.
We haven't got the sound for it.

Isn't ICP and Eminem like, the most popular rappers or some shit? Ridiculous.

...Well as you had fun that was the important thing right?

Oh, no, it wasn't fun. I hate both of the guys involved. One is a weirdo, hyperactive crazy guy who desperately wants to be my friend but is too annoying and weird to actually spend any significant time with and the other is my sister's ex-boyfriend who is a complete idiot, stoner, white rapper who I disdain and disdains me back.

It was a very passive aggressive encounter.

Isn't ICP and Eminem like, the most popular rappers or some shit? Ridiculous.
ICP isn't anywhere close to being popular, and Eminem last cut was fucking terrible. Then again, he's a terrible rapper anyway.

Macklemore is apparently the only rapper with something to say, which is white people for, "He's white and can rap, so his rhymes mean something." If you have standards, you'll see Macklemore's pretty bad too.

ICP isn't anywhere close to being popular, and Eminem last cut was fucking terrible. Then again, he's a terrible rapper anyway.

Macklemore is apparently the only rapper with something to say, which is white people for, "He's white and can rap, so his rhymes mean something." If you have standards, you'll see Macklemore's pretty bad too.

I don't follow rap remotely, I heard that statistic a couple years back and assumed nothing in the rap game changed since then.

Nothing changes in the rap game ever, right?

The rap game has changed, but it's becoming stagnant from lack of talent.

Like Country music.

I follow no music or any part of the music industry. Especially not country.

If music isn't on the radio then the odds of it being played in the bar is non-existent and even then, I'm usually really drunk when I'm there, so I'll probably not remember any specific songs.

The mainstream scene is, that's for sure. I can't stand most shit the industry shits out anymore.

The mainstream has always been pretty bad. The corporate sound is disgusting. Unfortunately, no one in the game has any integrity to get away from the record companies, and create some real music.

The mainstream has always been pretty bad. The corporate sound is disgusting. Unfortunately, no one in the game has any integrity to get away from the record companies, and create some real music.

When it comes to Rap/Hip-Hop

I stick to the older stuff or stay with the indie scene. I won't touch that mainstream shit with a 20 foot pole.

Which is why I hang out in the indie scene. Only place with any decent rap.
God, that makes me sound like a damn hipster, doesn't it?

That was certainly something. Thinking about it more, I realize I'm ignorant about music in general.

Oh, you don't even know, bro. You hear that line about Juggalos? A Juggalo is a fan of ICP who also puts on the black and white clown makeup, drink Faygo soda and act like complete shits around my white trash town. Luckily the trend died out for the most part a couple years back, but not in fucking Oregon where people still run with the hatchet full time!

And yeah, I don't know if it's possible to be more ignorant of music than I am. I just kinda like a lot of different stuff if it sounds good to me, no particular genres.

When it comes to Rap/Hip-Hop

I stick to the older stuff or stay with the indie scene. I won't touch that mainstream shit with a 20 foot pole.

Which is why I hang out in the indie scene. Only place with any decent rap.
God, that makes me sound like a damn hipster, doesn't it?
I will not listen to the mainstream shit mass produced by record labels. Indies or classics only.

The fuck? That sounds pretty fucking terrible.

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain I'd give you a run for your money when it comes to being ignorant of music. I'm practically in the same situation where I'll hear something somewhere, think it's good, look it up, listen for a while and forget about it forever afterwards. Not particularly attached to any genre, musician or band aside from maybe a few metal bands back when I was a bit younger. I don't know anything else.

My favored musicians have not evolved since being 14, since I still like Sum41 and The Killers. Those are the only bands I actually like a good amount of songs from.

demidar

The fuck? That sounds pretty fucking terrible.

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain I'd give you a run for your money when it comes to being ignorant of music. I'm practically in the same situation where I'll hear something somewhere, think it's good, look it up, listen for a while and forget about it forever afterwards. Not particularly attached to any genre, musician or band aside from maybe a few metal bands back when I was a bit younger. I don't know anything else.

All I know is I like jazz, swing, ska and folk, but it's not like I seek that stuff out.

Hey question, are any of you guys in the fgc in your area? Or I dunno how to say it properly

I was for about a year and a half. Went to tournaments, hung out with cool people, played games. It was a great time but the guy who used to host went a huge tirade and called some of the people sexists, then stopped hosting, so it moved to a city too far for me to get to consistently, so I've pretty much dropped off of fighting games all together after that.

A good amount of people in that group hate me, though. No real clue why, I guess they just couldn't handle my steeze. Either way, not currently in it, but I recommend it, it's a good experience.

I was for about a year and a half. Went to tournaments, hung out with cool people, played games. It was a great time but the guy who used to host went a huge tirade and called some of the people sexists, then stopped hosting, so it moved to a city too far for me to get to consistently, so I've pretty much dropped off of fighting games all together after that.

A good amount of people in that group hate me, though. No real clue why, I guess they just couldn't handle my steeze. Either way, not currently in it, but I recommend it, it's a good experience.

Before I moved away for college, I used to play fight games with a lot of guys in my local game shop. I guess that counts?

Nope. I don't even know if there is one here

mortal kombat is pretty popular in my area, but i hate that shit, so unfortunately no.

Despite liking to play fighting games, I can't play for shit and would get crushed, so no.

Used to be. Not anymore.
So im getting the impression...that I shouldnt try to find an FGC...

So im getting the impression...that I shouldnt try to find an FGC...

No, man, totally do it! It's a ton of fun and you'll improve vastly. Going to locals ruined me for online play, since the competition is much more consistently good and everyone wants to help everyone get better.

I only ran into issues because I'm pretty mediocre to bad at fighters, but I have a big personality and talk a lot of shit because that's fun, and people there (Not everyone, but a few people) feel that if you're not the best ever you don't deserve to have a good time, even one guy that I outright bodied repeatedly tried to act big like I wasn't very good. It's really just a few pathetic guys that make the whole thing less fun.

The other issue was that I'm an anime fighter player, but there's like, two other BlazBlue and Persona players here and everyone else talks a ton of shit on those games, so I'm stuck playing games that aren't my mains with people constantly talking shit on better games.

BlazBlue best game. Best game.

I'm not sure anymore how good I am at fighting games. I try to be humble or quiet while playing fighting games, but the community was incredibly supportive of everyone regardless of skill, so I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

It was mainly just a couple elitist assholes. One guy in particular was awesome about helping people learn KOF because he loved the game and wanted more people playing it. Unfortunately nobody would do such with BB.

Best experience was weirdly the last time I could go, which was when Chrono Phantasma came out in Japan, and a guy imported, so a bunch of the anime guys came from a few cities over and I spent the whole night playing BlazBlue and talking about waifus and anime with one guy. When we saw Azrael's Kamina color we lost our shit. Great memory of the community.

How would I find one?

Facebook. Though I did a search and found nothing, I only found it when a guy that works at a Gamestop invited me to join because I was trading in X Tekken a week after release.

Yeah, I understand. There were some elitist shits over here as well, though they were generally not taken seriously. Also nice, that sounds like quite the fun ti--wait a minute....
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.mp3

Unfortunately these guys were for the most part the best players so people listened to them.

And yeah, bro, BlazBlue best game. Best game. Best game.

bb_dlc_5_strider_shishigami_by_hotfeet444-d3njxo1.png

THE. BEST.

Top Bottom