• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

ultimax

Kanbaru begs to differ.
iJs5fiCWezigY.gif

does she even head tilt tho?
Man I used to love that show. Kinda fell of though.

yeah Monogatari season 2 is dumb

I say that from here on whenever somebody is defending something shitty based on either the one part of said thing that's good (i.e. Defending SAO or log horizon cause of the premise) or because they loved it as a babby (i.e. Sonic) we say that they're "in the Evil Zone."

I feel strongly about this.

It's fucking stupid, makes no sense why they would do it. But i'm gonna watch it
The myth is just: "Is it really possible for someone to carry all those health packs, guns, and even a chainsaw? Using the DOOM universe and DOOM 3 BFG Edition for reference, Tim helps the team recreate a DOOM level in real life."

So that's kinda boring. But if they keep using DOOM 1/2 sound effects I'm fucking in there.
this is still the best tho
you're not wrong
Best
he's super wrong
I say that from here on whenever somebody is defending something shitty based on either the one part of said thing that's good (i.e. Defending SAO or log horizon cause of the premise) or because they loved it as a babby (i.e. Sonic) we say that they're "in the Evil Zone."

That's not bad, gonna have to use it a handful of times to have it stick.

That's good, but I feel that that phenomenon doesn't show up enough for us to remember to use this term. Though, I will make an effort to push it.

So wait, what myth are they busting?
The myth is just: "Is it really possible for someone to carry all those health packs, guns, and even a chainsaw? Using the DOOM universe and DOOM 3 BFG Edition for reference, Tim helps the team recreate a DOOM level in real life."

So that's kinda boring. But if they keep using DOOM 1/2 sound effects I'm fucking in there.

Best
he's super wrong
That's not bad, gonna have to use it a handful of times to have it stick.
In this special episode dedicated to the hobby near and dear to our hearts, we're excited that id Software's own Tim Willits will be helping Adam and Jamie dig into an often-discussed topic of FPS games: Is it really possible for someone to carry all those health packs, guns, and even a chainsaw? Using the DOOM universe and DOOM 3 BFG Edition for reference, Tim helps the team recreate a DOOM level in real life.

Sure. How will they account for the fact that Doom Guy is the baddest motherfucker ever? Did grant step up his robot game?

I can get behind this.

So wait, what myth are they busting?
In this special episode dedicated to the hobby near and dear to our hearts, we're excited that id Software's own Tim Willits will be helping Adam and Jamie dig into an often-discussed topic of FPS games: Is it really possible for someone to carry all those health packs, guns, and even a chainsaw? Using the DOOM universe and DOOM 3 BFG Edition for reference, Tim helps the team recreate a DOOM level in real life.

mrmyhthef

It's fucking stupid, makes no sense why they would do it. But i'm gonna watch it

Fuck yes it's stupid. They're asking if a person can carry all those weapons on their body and it's like the fuck do you think genius?

EDIT: The answer is yes of course because DOOM guy is pretty tough.

Altairre

So I was on GB in a thread about good multi person let's plays when I stumbled upon a comment about the Best Friends. "There are 2 other folks (willie and leum) who are pretty good, but the gold is with Matt and pat." Now I finally know how the names of those other guys that keep popping up are spelled.

croten

So I was on GB in a thread about good multi person let's plays when I stumbled upon a comment about the Best Friends. "There are 2 other folks (willie and leum) who are pretty good, but the gold is with Matt and pat." Now I finally know how the names of those other guys that keep popping up are spelled.

It's uh, Woolie and Liam

Leum's not even a name

Lol. Yeah, any playthrough with Pat is great, and Pat and Matt are some of the best.

If you want recommendations, go for Metal Gear Rising; Revengeance, Deadly Premonition, or any of the Ongoing LPs: Silent Hill 2 (more informative than funny), Super Mario RPG, or Parasite Eve.
Matt also has a solo No More Heroes LP going right now, that's pretty different.

ultimax

Lol. Yeah, any playthrough with Pat is great, and Pat and Matt are some of the best.

If you want recommendations, go for Metal Gear Rising; Revengeance, Deadly Premonition, or any of the Ongoing LPs: Silent Hill 2 (more informative than funny), Super Mario RPG, or Parasite Eve.
Matt also has a solo No More Heroes LP going right now, that's pretty different.
and last but not least, the sadness trilogy
New lore created.

this is the best

Oberon

Banned
You should watch bakemonogatari before Nisemonogatari, and fyi, crunchy doesn't have the last three episodes of Bakemono,

So there's a context to all of that? Because I only watched half of the first episode and it was outstandingly creepy. The last 3 anime I tried watched have creepy close ups on little sister characters.

Zenfalcia

Welcome. They also have a podcast, which is every monday night/tuesday morning. For more info look at the OP.

Top Bottom