• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

B8N5q-pCIAAqmx8.jpg

I think shit talking in a harmless/funny way is no different than when friends pick on each other about things, it's completely normal and can be part of having a friendly competition. But if someone is actually getting their feelings hurt or the "harmless shit talking" gets to be aggressive and rude, it's just childish and annoying and needs to stop.

That's the difference between friendly competition and competition among equals.

Just to be clear, when we say salt it's more like annoyed. Being actually mad or aggravated is completely different and not the aim at all. That just leads to fights and arguments.

Yup. The tone of the people involved is important. I wouldn't ever talk shit to people I don't know really well, and the reason is because I know what they consider fun teasing and what line is too much for them.

I enjoyed it as well

I do my best to be nice to everyone when I play games. Sometimes you can have peepz that are nice as well, which is pretty cool but you don't always get that.

I'll be nice unless they're a dick to me first, then it's fair game.

If I'm just crushing someone though especially in online play I'll thank them for not leaving at the end since a lot of people do that <.<

Super Best Friends Play Saints Row Gat Out of Hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wZlJf07TwU

Man I haven't played a Saints Row game, but why don't these games get more coverage for their ridiculousness?

If the talking heads saw half of the ridiculous shit you'd see in Saints Row, their heads would explode.

Okay..?

I was talking about friendly competition. Which can also be between equals.

I was referring to the difference between exhibition play and playing in leagues.

If you're hyper-competitive there is no difference.

Jman014

Okay, the Gat out of Hell episode is instantly in my "Top favorite SBFP videos" list. Holy shit that was hilarious.
I forgot to mention it but your avatar looks very comfortable
I'll be nice unless they're a dick to me first, then it's fair game.

If I'm just crushing someone though especially in online play I'll thank them for not leaving at the end since a lot of people do that <.<

I've had dungeon runs in WoW where it was me and four people in a guild but I got along with them and ended up liking doing the dungeon with them. It was a shame that they were from different servers so I couldn't hang out with them to do stuff like, raiding since that's how the dungeon ques work in WoW.

I forgot to mention it but your avatar looks very comfortable

I've had dungeon runs in WoW where it was me and four people in a guild but I got along with them and ended up liking doing the dungeon with them. It was a shame that they were from different servers so I couldn't hang out with them to do stuff like, raiding since that's how the dungeon ques work in WoW.
I used to play WoW I know this man <.< It's why I only ever did any type of PvE with my guild.

What we need to do is reuse of old jokes people forgot, so it seems like new jokes!
Like Tic Throws? Everyone loves a good Tic Throw!

Man I haven't played a Saints Row game, but why don't these games get more coverage for their ridiculousness?

If the talking heads saw half of the ridiculous shit you'd see in Saints Row, their heads would explode.

Because a lot of people, including me, aren't fans of the direction that they went.

has any one here played any Atelier games? I was thinking of grabbing Atelier Ayesha:The Alchemist Of Dusk Plus on the vita since I have that 10% off code. does anyone have an opinion on it?

Heh
has any one here played any Atelier games? I was thinking of grabbing Atelier Ayesha:The Alchemist Of Dusk Plus on the vita since I have that 10% off code. does anyone have an opinion on it?
I know Aaron's recommended them, I think? They're just cute and text heavy, from what I've read on them.
Plague of Gripes is William Shakespeare. Confirmed.

DXr8r8T.gif
He always talks about how he used to be a writer, so it makes perfect sense really.

Zenfalcia

It's supposed to be good, the main character is very sweet, and the music is great. I haven't personally played it, but that's what some friends told me.

I tried to play rorona. Couldn't even force myself to play more than an hour or so. The premise is fine, but man was it boring as hell. It feels like a c-grade anime in video game form.

Top Bottom