• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Xiraiya

So Xir, for reals, are you like me in that you've kinda started to irrationally hate a bunch of things because of this thread? It's like that feeling when you've had a roommate for like a year and when it started it was like "Yeah we're super good friends and now we're gonna live together and it's gonna be fun times all the time, YEAH!", but then after a year it's like "You leave the toilet seat up and you leave hair in the shower and you don't close the fridge and your music keeps me up at night and I think I'm starting to hate you."
(Don't ever live with your friends if you want them to stay friends.)

There are certain predictable patterns that continue to repeat over and over that are easy to get tired of, "irrationally hating" is not really the term I'd use but there's a bunch of things I dislike more and more over time because of this thread.
Also the roommate you mentioned, I would at that point just stop having them in my life, that's just selfish and disrespectful, if they can't compromise then they can learn the hard way by fucking off.

It's that simple.

Okay expect some links in your inbox in a bit
OHKAY
KICKBACK
I'm talking about when the advice is literally just be better at the game, for example when Jack could play Bayonetta because he kept dying the only thing I could really say is just do better.
Well like that, it was after we told him to use dodge offset and to focus on dodging. Even then, it's still a goofy usage of it.

ultimax

"Do better!"
tumblr_inline_nbvmyrnZt21t0duhj.gif

So Xir, for reals, are you like me in that you've kinda started to irrationally hate a bunch of things because of this thread? It's like that feeling when you've had a roommate for like a year and when it started it was like "Yeah we're super good friends and now we're gonna live together and it's gonna be fun times all the time, YEAH!", but then after a year it's like "You leave the toilet seat up and you leave hair in the shower and you don't close the fridge and your music keeps me up at night and I think I'm starting to hate you."

(Don't ever live with your friends if you want them to stay friends.)

It's not a caterpillar! It's Yuno in a winter coat that's way too big for her! It's funny and cute, dammit! D:
It's adorable <3

I hate all of those things, Those phrases just stuck in my head from SBF I suppose I should use them less.

Xiraiya

Yeah. No.
I played sports throughout my life.
Shit talking is an important aspect of competition.
It plays into the mental and psychological aspects that can throw off the most talented of players.
Btw, I'd call your second statement here a form of shit talking.

Oh yes, I am well aware that shit talking is a big part of sports and competition

But at that point it's like
Really? you need to try that hard just give yourself the upper hand over the competition? Is it because you can't stop them otherwise?
What about when you inevitably lose? At that point you just look and sound stupid after talking all that shit to someone.

Which is satisfying to watch happen in it's own way I guess, so it's always better to just focus on the task at hand and deal with what's in front of you and then just move on.

Oh yes, I am well aware that shit talking is a big part of sports and competition

Really? you need to try that hard just give yourself the upper hand over the competition? Is it because you can't stop them otherwise?
What about when you inevitably lose? At that point you just look and sound stupid after talking all that shit to someone.

Which is satisfying to watch happen in it's own way I guess, so it's always better to just focus on the task at hand and deal with what's in front of you and then just move on.

I just like to have fun with my friends and telling each other that we're shit garbage and bad at games is part of that

Zenfalcia

Late replies due to lunch.

Great, now the song is stuck in my head...

It's pretty.. catchy in a dumb way.
If y'all motherfuckers ain't heard the Berserk OP you haven't lived

I got a really high quality version.. i mean, what kind of song is 20Mb big for being only 4 minutes long?
It's adorable <3

I hate all of those things, Those phrases just stuck in my head from SBF I suppose I should use them less.

I will abuse the hell out of the phrases until they get funny again, which is never because I'm far from funny. Like the best friends, jokes are better when they are run into the ground. I could also mix it up and make them more sophisticated. Like "Please improve your skills"

croten

It's not about winning, it's more about pissing them off. Would the Friday night fisticuffs be better if they all remained silent when someone won or lost? People get much saltier when you tell them you're going to beat them and you do. Silence just sounds boring for everyone involved

Beloved

I just like to have fun with my friends and telling each other that we're shit garbage and bad at games is part of that

I think shit talking in a harmless/funny way is no different than when friends pick on each other about things, it's completely normal and can be part of having a friendly competition. But if someone is actually getting their feelings hurt or the "harmless shit talking" gets to be aggressive and rude, it's just childish and annoying and needs to stop.

Jman014

I think shit talking in a harmless/funny way is no different than when friends pick on each other about things, it's completely normal and can be part of having a friendly competition. But if someone is actually getting their feelings hurt or the "harmless shit talking" gets to be aggressive and rude, it's just childish and annoying and needs to stop.

Hello

I agree with you

croten

Well if you're shit talking involves getting personal then you are shit talking wrong. It's supposed to get people salty. Salt is fun. In Salt we trust.

Xiraiya

I'm going to assume you're the guy who takes it way too far and doesn't know when to stop when it comes to friends.

It's not about winning, it's more about pissing them off. Would the Friday night fisticuffs be better if they all remained silent when someone won or lost? People get much saltier when you tell them you're going to beat them and you do. Silence just sounds boring for everyone involved
Why do you intentionally want to piss them off over that?

Shit talking just makes things like fights more exciting, and like you said the aspect of the heel getting beat is always a good moment. Out in the wild I will not partake in it myself but If I am just playing games with friend
er
s and everyone knows we are just fucking with each other it's fun

P2:IS spoilers: Its only for
her
apparently...
If you don't force Yukino to go with you, her shadow will convince Anna to commit suicide with her and Yukino will be emotionally scarred for life.
Its not great...
Oh jeez fuck I didn't know that. I'm glad I told them to suck it up
This pretty much, keep it to non-serious dumb jabs at each other and calm yourself if you're getting heated.

Ilvocare

Well so much for playing video games, might as well continue to watch. The real trick is that the BestFriends log is never finished.

...Also it's not quite 3 yet, is another video planned or is this taking the 3PM slot?

When I play dota my friends say faggot all the time, shit hurts man :(

just after I finish that shit

My dorm roommate last year said it all the time among other unpleasant terms when he played tf2 24/7.

Im not exaggerating when I say last school year was the worst year of my life

Well so much for playing video games, might as well continue to watch. The real trick is that the BestFriends log is never finished.

...Also it's not quite 3 yet, is another video planned or is this taking the 3PM slot?
I imagine it's another Parasite Eve episode. The LPs and machinima episodes basically run on their own schedules.

Late replies due to lunch.

It's pretty.. catchy in a dumb way.

I got a really high quality version.. i mean, what kind of song is 20Mb big for being only 4 minutes long?

I will abuse the hell out of the phrases until they get funny again, which is never because I'm far from funny. Like the best friends, jokes are better when they are run into the ground. I could also mix it up and make them more sophisticated. Like "Please improve your skills"
We need new jokes man, we need to evolve...we need..RUTHLESS AGGRESSION

3634%20-%20laughing%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.png

Being shit at a game for children is a pretty shitty feeling

My dorm roommate last year said it all the time among other unpleasant terms when he played tf2 24/7.

Im not exaggerating when I say last school year was the worst year of my life

My friend never said faggot before and now I hear him say it like everyday.

Top Bottom