• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Zenfalcia

Surprise, surprise, i didn't sleep my whole day away... "Morning".

Edit: omg, all these p4 spoilers! I can't believe i was right! that
nanako
was the killer all along!!!!

Alright, I just woke up, and now some impressions on what I think so far of KH1, after the 5 and a half hours I played late last night.

- Never quite realized how DMC1-like the combat is. Yeah, there isn't any direction specific moves or cancels, but the principle is about the same. Attacks have some amount of commitment to them and there are chances of your hits deflecting or parrying enemy attacks, leaving them open for combos. The extra EXP bonuses you get from stuff like that is pretty nice.
- I decided to go through the game on Proud mode, choosing Staff at the beginning as well as slow early leveling, and that difficulty feels just right. Things aren't bullshit hard but there's still some amount of awareness required from the player to know what's going on during a battle.
- Camera, platforming, and gummi ship stuff is still as meh as I remember. Mapping the camera to the right stick doesn't improve it as much as you would hope.
- Ripple Drive is a pretty damn good move. Given how it's been so long since I played the original game, the Final Mix version has a nice bit of freshness to it for me.
- Story isn't anything to write home about, but compared to the dumb shit I recall happening in 2 and later games, I got no problem going through the cutscenes and plot for this game. It still has some charm to it, I suppose.

Anyway, since it's the first Saturday of the month, I'm gonna head back to the Seattle Gameworks to start the next round of my Bemani regiment. Plus play HOTD2 two player. Back in a few hours.

Finally checked out the Direct for Xenoblade X. God damn that game just looks fantastic in every way. Environments are beautiful, I adore the character designs they chose to roll with, and just the mechs <33333

So jealous Japan only has to wait two more months.

ultimax, lets go

Eating lunch, maybe later.

Edit: Also have to do homework. So after work.

ultimax

Finally checked out the Direct for Xenoblade X. God damn that game just looks fantastic in every way. Environments are beautiful, I adore the character designs they chose to roll with, and just the mechs <33333

So jealous Japan only has to wait two more months.

Eating lunch, maybe later.

Edit: Also have to do homework. So after work.

THE BACKDOWN PART 2

Oh man, they're my mains too! Hi five!
Cerebella's my Skullgirl.
The joke is that I can high five myself.
selfhighfive.png

Top Bottom