• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Oberon

Banned
You ever think about it and realize that in terms of skill at video games, we're probably in the top 5% of the world's population? Like, 95% of people are worse at video games than you.

It's hard to mesure general videogame skill tho, so I don't know about that.

Video games aren't hard. Real life is hard.

We're maybeeeeeee in the top 5% of video game players.

But in the bottom 5% of real life..

At least I am anyway.

I leveled up my life stat recently. Now I just get sometimes embarrassed when a girl makes me a compliment.

croten

I'm pretty sure waaaaaaay less people play video games than you think play video games. And my metric is average skill over all genres, taking into account the ingrained ability that people who've played video games their whole lives have to pick up and learn a game.
I still don't think I'm better than 5% of the entire population and even if I was not including people who haven't even played a game in their life just makes the entire thing stupid. So what if I am? It's hardly an achievement that I'm better at games than some starving kid in some third world country.
alot of the people who say they play video games are talking about mobile games.

Which, like it or not, counts.

My Link Between Worlds OST came today. Fucking great soundtrack. It will be all I listen to today.
I've been playing Kirby Triple Deluxe. It's an easy game but it's so full of charm I love it. And I still haven't even put Wonderful 101 in my WiiU yet...

I really hope someone bails out the Zaibatsu so I can get my video fix.

My friends think I've played a game I've never played before because I just figure out how it works. Ie Mario 3D. I'm pretty good at platformers that way.

Also, I got here late. What's the argument?
I'm saying we're probably in the top 5% of people worldwide in terms of video game skill. Croton thinks I'm overestimating us.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I still don't think I'm better than 5% of the entire population and even if I was not including people who haven't even played a game in their life just makes the entire thing stupid. So what if I am? It's hardly an achievement that I'm better at games than some starving kid in some third world country.
Yeah, he fucking sucks a fighting games.
I apologize to anyone offended

It's hard to mesure general videogame skill tho, so I don't know about that.

I leveled up my life stat recently. Now I just get sometimes embarrassed when a girl makes me a compliment.

I just need to become more social as a person in general. I have no problems holding a conversation, but I'm horrible at starting one.

Btw. I really missed having an arcade stick. <3

croten

I'm saying we're probably in the top 5% of people worldwide in terms of video game skill. Croton thinks I'm overestimating us.

I think the argument is dumb. It's impossible to measure and it inherently doesn't matter. I don't get a big dick over being better at something some one else has never done before

Which, like it or not, counts.
You're looking at this wrong. I'm not saying it's a big accomplishment or anything, I just had the thought.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Video game skill is a really abstract thing to measure. If you're talking about our ability to learn a game and its mechanics, I'd say were maybe in the top quarter.

A lot of people play games.

I think the argument is dumb. It's impossible to measure and it inherently doesn't matter. I don't get a big dick over being better at something some one else has never done before
I just felt it was an interesting thought. Like, I'm probably in the 0.1% of the world that's ever seen both Stone Mountain and the Grand Canyon, I'm not getting a swelled head over that, either. I happen to live near stone mountain and my parents took me to a popular vacation spot. It's not like I'm saying I'm better.

Video game skill is a really abstract thing to measure. If you're talking about our ability to learn a game and its mechanics, I'd say were maybe in the top quarter.

A lot of people play games.
Not a quarter of the earth though. I'm talking in terms of the entirety of the human race here, and not as a bragging thing, more as an interesting statistic. I mean, I'm probably among the top .005% electric wheelchair drivers in terms of skill, looking at everyone on earth, and given that the vast majority have never driven an electric wheelchair. That's not exactly an accomplishment either.

Here's my controversial gaming opinion.
Half the people in that damn thread don't know what they're talking about, and another quarter is a mix of hipsters and biased assholes.

I need to just stay out of there.

ultimax

NoFightingNanako.jpg

Have you seen those Nintendo threads? Filled to burst.

The only that gets me ruffled and salty is when people say "Nintendo is for children/babies/etc." and "only hardcore players buy Sony/MS".

The self segregation that results in console wars is REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING! I HATE IT!

NOTHING GETS ME MORE ANGRY!

-Citan- knows more about -Shit- than he's admitting, -Fei- is either a -Clone- or a -Reincarnation-, and the -Time- of the -Ominous- -Prophecy- is upon -Us-. This game is so good and I love it.

ultimax

Whatever Crouton.
ooohhhhh you totally beat me on making that joke!
The only that gets me ruffled and salty is when people say "Nintendo is for children/babies/etc." and "only hardcore players buy Sony/MS".

The self segregation that results in console wars is REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING! I HATE IT!

NOTHING GETS ME MORE ANGRY!

Its funny because there are probably more little kids that play COD and stuff like that over nintendo games

Its funny because there are probably more little kids that play COD and stuff like that over nintendo games

Ugh just one day I'd actually like to enjoy a round of CoD or any other FPS without hearing slurs or child voices. I'd keep my mic on if that was the case.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
When am I supposed to go into the abandoned factory?
I just beat the council president and did all the rumor Bullshit

-Citan- knows more about -Shit- than he's admitting, -Fei- is either a -Clone- or a -Reincarnation-, and the -Time- of the -Ominous- -Prophecy- is upon -Us-. This game is so good and I love it.
Spoilers
citans betrayal lacks so much impact cause weve been seeing him talk to the emperor for the entire game.

Top Bottom