• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Is there any downside to gaining duel citizenship? I was dicking around and read that one way to obtain citizenship to Ireland is to have a grandparent who was born there. You'll need a few documents, and it'll cost a little bit, but it's perfectly possible without having to actually go to Ireland. I might do it for shits and giggles. Should I?

That's fine. It would be nice if I didn't have to have a translator tho.
Should've been an instrumental. Or at least had a version like that.
I love all the instrumental sections, it's just that the screaming ruins it for me.
It was super atmospheric until I realized that I can't play it around my roommate or anyone with the sound on.
At which point fuck that.

Considered getting headphones?

Someday, you won't fall for it again.

No I won't. Someone's gonna link new Xenosaga or Xenoblade X info eventually and its gonna be fake, but I'm gonna click it anyway ;_;

That's fine. It would be nice if I didn't have to have a translator tho.
Should've been an instrumental. Or at least had a version like that.
I love all the instrumental sections, it's just that the screaming ruins it for me.
It was super atmospheric until I realized that I can't play it around my roommate or anyone with the sound on.
At which point fuck that.
I love the vocals ;~;

We'll sacrifice the son of heaven.
His greatest glimpse of fire red.
Oh how they're lost in the prayers for their greatest god now,
Let me sleep please
I'm a man, half human
I am tired, and as heart and person weaken.
On the name of
God!
I will not crack!
Can you hear them?
Die!
I will not crack!
Can you hear them?

It's still edgy. An instrumental version would have been nice.
Is there any downside to gaining duel citizenship? I was dicking around and read that one way to obtain citizenship to Ireland is to have a grandparent who was born there. You'll need a few documents, and it'll cost a little bit, but it's perfectly possible without having to actually go to Ireland. I might do it for shits and giggles. Should I?

I have one and it hasn't fucked me over yet.
I love the vocals ;~;

That's probably because you're like 14.

But what if it was real? You might be missing out on some news.

THAT'S WHY I HAVE TO CLICK IT.

Headphones? Don't be rediculous. Why would you ev-

No that's just crazy.

Only cool guys wear headphones anyway

Neku.jpg

semisonic

Banned
For your console. You're playing Nocturne which I assume on your PS3. There are headphones you connect to using blue tooth and audio comes out through there.

Wait seriously?
I've got some super high end bose quiet comforts and this changes literally everything.
Fuck.
FUCK.
F U C K

It's still edgy. An instrumental version would have been nice.

That's probably because you're like 14.
In all seriousness, it actually really fits Nocturne. The game generally has a really quiet, brooding atmosphere and the soundtrack is electronic/jazz, and normal battle is pretty tame, just with guitars and stuff. The fierce and boss themes are for the big bosses and they feel more like a theme to hype them up as something formidable. I think it works super well.

If you get the "true" nocturne ending the Boss Battle lyrics are basically that.

Shackzam

I wish I could do that so I can make my stereotyped Irish impression an official thing since I can say I'm officially an Ireland citizen

Zenfalcia

Even if you're on a PS2 there's audio compenent cables that can transfer to a female audio jack. I used that when I played P3/P4/Nocturne

THAT'S WHY I HAVE TO CLICK IT.

That's why it's a gamble if it's a joke or real thing everytime you click it.
Wait seriously?
I've got some super high end bose quiet comforts and this changes literally everything.
Fuck.
FUCK.
F U C K

Come on son! You gotta know these things!
The coolest.

damm, he's so cool, he has to be #1 on a list of the coolest characters.

Do it tho.

In all seriousness, it actually really fits Nocturne. The game generally has a really quiet, brooding atmosphere and the soundtrack is electronic/jazz, and normal battle is pretty tame, just with guitars and stuff. The fierce and boss themes are for the big bosses and they feel more like a theme to hype them up as something formidable. I think it works super well.

If you get the "true" nocturne ending the Boss Battle lyrics are basically that.

A song can be hype without having really bad sounding vocals. e.g. The Battle For Everyone's Soul.

semisonic

Banned
The coolest.

After looking at these and watching p4 the animation, I'm starting to think I might just be Yosuke with less cool headphones and a shitbeard.

I need to reevaluate my life.
And get cooler headphones.

A song can be hype without having really bad sounding vocals. e.g. The Battle For Everyone's Soul.

That's literally all Raidou's ost is.
SMT3 without the bullshit.
That's also what SMTIV's is, from what I've heard.

I wish I could do that so I can make my stereotyped Irish impression an official thing since I can say I'm officially an Ireland citizen
Wow, I didn't think of that. Now my terrible impression is legitimatized. I mean, who could argue with an actual citizen of Ireland?

So, the European Union has 28 members. So that means, unless it doesn't count if you're a dual citizen, if I gain citizenship to Ireland, i'll have citizenship to every other member of the EU. This has gone from something I was gonna do for shits and giggles to something that may be extremely useful to me.

And for the record, the rest of the soundtrack kicks ass.
Just not the screaming.
semisonic awhile ago said:
SMT3 music is trash,
smh
MY OPINION IS THE ONE TRUE OPINION.
NAH FUCK YOUR OPINION
I've been reading/showering for the last five pages. Did you guys tell Fox and Mathaou what college is like?
I did yeah
More Meguro is always good.

If I may interrupt all your bad opinions briefly with a new FSR update...

Request 06 of Flower, Sun and Rain, in which Stephan Charbonie proves to be a lying fucking bastard.

Yesterday Mondo got as far as the lobby. Today we made it outside, but only to be blocked by Stephan telling us that Yayoi on the roof drank a poison cocktail and has fallen into a coma, and will die in a few hours. A matter that is actually more serious than helping a drunk or proving a comedy duo's identity, but given that it's this asshole telling us, it still feels like a waste of time.

And sure enough, everything was a set up. The cocktail just had a sleeping pill in it, and the final puzzle of the chapter that was supposed to hold the "antidote" proved to be significantly more complex than previous ones. The whole thing was set up to teach Mondo a lesson about trusting others, because at the start of the chapter he asks himself if him being to kind and eager to assist others is a flaw. Apparently it seems that way. Still sucks it had to be that nutcase Stephan that had to test us, and also the fact that the plane blew up yet again.

So far, this whole thing continues to be absurd and compelling in strange ways, but the rate at which progress is being made is REALLY skirting the line between being tolerable and annoying as hell. I'm just waiting for that Suda moment where the game just cracks open and all the mysteries and weird bullshit escalate into something I could never have imagined.

Ya bitches ain't even seen Kuroko no Basket. How can I take anything you say or think in life remotely serious? You're basically not people.

semisonic

Banned
Well in retrospect that was based on an understanding of the soundtrack as the battle themes and then not that.
I apologize for my rash decisions on everything that isn't the battle themes. You have shown me the error of my ways.
But on those I maintain my position.
This shit confirmed for my jam
UnknownSoreBasenji.gif

Holy shit, my Vita's browser is dying. The page keeps having to refresh. I think its all the videos being posted.
I'm so sorry.

Top Bottom