• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

ba1.jpg
I love those pictures. I don't know why, they get me every time.

JoJo94

So god damn good. P4 DAN is going to be the best spin off.

Phantom likes to DANCE then

better than Ultimax?

I'll probably wait for more songs cause if i buy a rhythm game (which i hate on principle) it has to have music i like

This will be my first anime-ish rhythm game if I do buy it.

Woah, semi-coherent English lyrics in a Persona song?

Yeah the english got better. Especially at Lotus Juice's part.

Xiraiya

Would some kind soul explain to me The Evil Within ending?

There was a really good indepth YouTube comment on the final part that pretty much summed up how I interpreted the ending, which made the game far more interesting to me.

In the simplest terms, Ruvik was trying to find a way to re-aquire a body all along and escape with his super-powered brain. He had the ability to manipulate his surroundings while he was stuck in that container, so when people stepped into the hospital he could actually cause crazy shit to happen, now he's been let out into the world.

Well my heart didn't explode during the presentation but at the very end when he gave me my work back, he contorted his face slightly as if he didn't approve of it. Got a bad feeling about this. Well at least when I checked the mail today I found out I have a £750 bursary cheque waiting for me.

Xiraiya

I was having this exact discussion with Beloved the other day, I hate what Hatsune Miku stands for, but her design isn't even that bad. Even though the whole vocaloid trend is just stupid and really annoying in general, the technology behind it is pretty damn clever.
Basically it's the whole Otaku/moe aspect ruining things that could have been cool.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
This guy sitting right behind me just called me a freak because we were reading a greek tragedy and everyone killed themselves and I was just reading aloud and he was surprised I kept reading and didn't vomit or something.

Rizzi

This guy sitting right behind me just called me a freak because we were reading a greek tragedy and everyone killed themselves and I was just reading aloud and he was surprised I kept reading and didn't vomit or something.

Seems like a nice guy.

"Wow you didnt have a panic attack from reading words on a page!? Fucking psycho."

Xiraiya

My cousin loves that show.
She's also a 14 year old girl who really wants a boyfriend.

I don't know what it is about Inuyasha, I think it's just one of those shows that just attracts female fans or it just resonates with girls better, I never cared for it.

I watched it once and didn't like it at all, but then Trigun was on TV right after it and that was hype, so I got into that instead.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It is established scientific fact that teenage girls have terrible taste.
That explains why it is a confirmed fact that only teenage girls watch Naruto and like Yukiko.

I was having this exact discussion with Beloved the other day, I hate what Hatsune Miku stands for, but her design isn't even that bad. Even though the whole vocaloid trend is just stupid and really annoying in general, the technology behind it is pretty damn clever.
Basically it's the whole Otaku/moe aspect ruining things that could have been cool.
I really, really don't like otaku/moe culture. If a show is good and it just happens to have that, then okay. Fine. But if something is moe for the sake of being moe, I can't take it. I just feel unclean.

Example of moe done right: Lucky Star
Example of moe done wrong: Creepy Little Girl Time (made up show, but you know what I'm going for)

No, i actually like the designs alot, weirdly enough. It's the music i can't stand.
I still like Miku and the games but Im not particularly a fan if the music either. It is main the synthesized vocals that turn me off. Some songs can hide it well enough and I like them but from what I have heard the majority of the songs people make do not.

croten

Yeah, I don't have any significant issues with Miku herself either, it's rather impressive really, just a section of the culture that surrounds it.

What?

To be fair that culture is hardly exclusive to Miku, it's more of a general Anime thing.

Xiraiya

I really, really don't like otaku/moe culture. If a show is good and it just happens to have that, then okay. Fine. But if something is moe for the sake of being moe, I can't take it. I just feel unclean.
Example of moe done right: Lucky Star
Example of moe done wrong: Creepy Little Girl Time (made up show, but you know what I'm going for)

Moe culture is the Japan equivalent of MLP culture and "bronies", only far more extreme, which is just a whole thing I'll end up ranting about so I don't want to get into that.

Shackzam

Arcsys has never been good at properly balancing their characters.
Arcsys seems to like to troll people with updates. People complaining about a character? Buff him so they can feel the real reign of fury that is Leo. They did that to slayer in the older guilty gears and now they nerfed the shit out of him.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Arcsys seems to like to troll people with updates. People complaining about a character? Buff him so they can feel the real reign of fury that is Leo. They did that to slayer in the older guilty gears and now they inserted the shit out of him.

High tiers generally either stay high tiers or get nerfed into oblivion. Thinking Carl Clover from BBCT to BBCS. Their games just have so many systems in place (as well as character specific systems) that I think it makes it difficult to gauge when they've adjusted too far or not enough.

Shackzam

High tiers generally either stay high tiers or get nerfed into oblivion. Thinking Carl Clover from BBCT to BBCS. Their games just have so many systems in place (as well as character specific systems) that I think it makes it difficult to gauge when they've adjusted too far or not enough.
They for some reason like to nerf already low tier or fair characters Makoto being my example of a character they consistently hit with a nerf bat. It's ridiculous on some of the stuff they do to character, which explains why they do so many versions of a character. I wish I could expand on this, but I'm stuck in class.

Top Bottom