• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Beloved

<.< Hold up, let me get my wok and my spice rack and shit's goin' down.

giphy.gif

That Majora's Mask thread is awful. Some people seem to think they're being alienated as fans of the original ignoring all the changes they made for the better because they changed a thing or two that might help streamline the obtuse nature of the game.

You just havent met the right rhythm game yet. Maybe DAN is that one.

Do you still press/hold random buttons to the beat? If yes, then no thanks.

croten

That Majora's Mask thread is awful. Some people seem to think they're being alienated as fans of the original ignoring all the changes they made for the better because they changed a thing or two that might help streamline the obtuse nature of the game.

Welcome to Gaf/the internet

I have a friend IRL who's a huge fan, and he just seems upset at making all the weak points big dumb Zelda eyes.

No but all change is bad tho.

Zenfalcia

That's just their nostalgia talking instead of updating the game.

It's not bad. It's just like a fighting game and doing combos.

I have a friend IRL who's a huge fan, and he just seems upset at making all the weak points big dumb Zelda eyes.

I know people who've never even touched the game because of how turned off they were by its obtuse nature and 3 day cycle. If Nintendo has to streamline some things to help motivate them to play it, and god forbid, get more people to like one of my favorite zelda games ever, I'm all 100% for it. This remake isn't just for the old fans, as much as some people want to believe it is.

No but all change is bad tho.

Its basically REmake. Why even play that garbage when you can play the best version on PS1.

It's not bad. It's just like a fighting game and doing combos.

You're right! It was the same thing all along, I should have known. I guess I was the fraud all along.

Xiraiya

I know people who've never even touched the game because of how turned off they were by its obtuse nature and 3 day cycle. If Nintendo has to streamline some things to help motivate them to play it, and god forbid, get more people to like one of my favorite zelda games ever, I'm all 100% for it. This remake isn't just for the old fans, as much as some people want to believe it is.

What is the change that is upsetting people? I really like some good old fashion Obtuseness in my games as I think it helps keep your mind active, but I never really enjoyed the 3 Day limit thing in MM, at least not until I eventually realized it didn't matter, I just wasn't a fan.

Best anime of 2014 list by anime trending for anyone who cares.

What is the change that is upsetting people? I really like some good old fashion Obtuseness in my games as I think it helps keep your mind active, but I never really enjoyed the 3 Day limit thing in MM, at least not until I eventually realized it didn't matter, I just wasn't a fan.

Bomber's Notebook more accurate. It'll keep track of time/day and meetups for every sidequest you follow.

Some quest items you randomly pick up, will now tell you who needs them. We don't know much about this since no reviewers so far went into detail about this.

Ice arrows can only be used in specific places in water. <- this one is upsetting people the most in the thread.

Of course, this will all probably go away as soon as the game comes out and people are too busy playing the game to actually care anymore about these very minor differences.

Its basically REmake. Why even play that garbage when you can play the best version on PS1.
That's actually great, and I really like most of the changes and don't see downside for most, a few of them have some pros and cons, but I don't think I'm gonna mind much. I at least sympathize with how slapping a brown sphere on a boss looks stupid, but eh.
Plus:
I don't want poorly designed aspects of the game to get streamlined and improved so that new players might not get turned off by it nooooooooo! Any change is bad change, everything should stay the way it is!
Obviously this is dumb. There's an argument to be for a couple of the changes, but the vast majority are pretty much pure improvements.

Xiraiya

I don't want poorly designed aspects of the game to get streamlined and improved so that new players might not get turned off by it nooooooooo! Any change is bad change, everything should stay the way it is!

Sarcasm aside, more often than not, streamlining in games hasn't been an overly positive experience for me, as changing how part of a game works to be easier is removing part of the experience in my opinion.

Skyrim is a prime example of something being "streamlined" in a way that changes how I look at the game and how it feels.
I like how stats and perks and all that work in Skyrim, I think for something so drastically different compared to Oblivion and Morrowind, they pulled it off surprisingly well.
Yet at the same time, I want that in another game, I don't want that in an Elder Scrolls game, because to me that's not what the Elder Scrolls series is or should be.

I already have an original N64 copy of Majora's Mask, and it's perfectly playable as it is, so I've got no stake in this 3DS remake.
That's a good point too. The game didn't really have any major issues like the Water Temple in OoT, just small things. So this version being different is fine. The original is still around.

Oberon

Banned
Playing through Pokemon Diamond, pretty slow going so far, I started with Piplup this time around as I decided Empoleon is not as annoying as I previously thought.

Playing through Pearl will go much faster as I'll only be playing that to grab items and exclusives, it'll also help that technically both versions will have the same save file, so I can transfer a Pokemon or two over and not worry about their obedience.

I COULD just play through Diamond and rename the Save file to load into Pearl with whenever I reach a route with exclusives, but that method has it's own problems, such as the fact once you catch Dialga in one game, that event is now done, so if you try to load that file into Pearl, the game still recognizes that you caught the legendary there, so you can't just catch Palkia or anything, similar thing with the Masterball.

So when I started a save file on Diamond, before I picked my starter, I changed my Trainer ID to a unique number of importance. My Trainer ID is the same in every single game, it's "my" thing I do so that if I was ever giving Pokemon to people or something, I'd always know exactly what mine are, I never touch the secret ID.

So anyway I duplicate that fresh save to load into Pearl for later, so I will have to play through both games to get everything I want, but the second playthrough will be far easier as my Diamond Pokemon will obey the trainer in Pearl at high levels.

Why don't you play the superior Platin version?

That's a good point too. The game didn't really have any major issues like the Water Temple in OoT, just small things. So this version being different is fine. The original is still around.

Is the frame rate like OoT?

Is it just me or was there a crying babby
that wasn't Pat
in the ass-end of this week's podcast?

Also, I will give my undying love to the first person who links me the picture of Liam and Woolie in Eidos thingy they brought up.

Xiraiya

Bomber's Notebook more accurate. It'll keep track of time/day and meetups for every sidequest you follow.
Some quest items you randomly pick up, will now tell you who needs them. We don't know much about this since no reviewers so far went into detail about this.
Ice arrows can only be used in specific places in water. <- this one is upsetting people the most in the thread.
Of course, this will all probably go away as soon as the game comes out and people are too busy playing the game to actually care anymore about these very minor differences.
That sounds more like balance changes than changing the way the game works or the story or whatever.
The quest name thing I would understand it being upsetting if Majora's Mask was the type of game with a journal that gave you detailed clues on where to go for quests to begin with.
But I don't remember the N64 Zelda games being that remotely indepth, so I think that's fine to help you find your way.

Why don't you play the superior Platin version?
Because that'll be next after Peal, I'm milking the 4th and 5th gen for everything they have, there are Pokemon in D/P that Platinum doesn't have.

that wasn't Pat

Also, I will give my undying love to the first person who links me the picture of Liam and Woolie in Eidos thingy they brought up.
I remember that pic, but I never saved it. Maybe it's on the wiki...

Zenfalcia

that wasn't Pat

There was zach making noises near then end , i assume Matt was playing with him since he was quiet near the end.

Jojo part 4 spoilers

The hell is this kid's deal? Side note, he looks and acts alot like my cousin. So that's kinda weird.

Top Bottom