• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTR

Today, I had a dream that I bought the New 3DS and Majora's Mask 3D for 35€ (the console was 10€, the game 25€). I put them in my bag. Later, I found out they were missing. I was super confused by this in the dream. It was like dreaming that you own a thing, then waking up and realizing it was merely a dream, except all of this happened inside the dream. Then I woke up and realized none of it happened.

I should get Majora's Mask 3D soon.

There's one where he said something like
"Did you see that Sharla? Sharla!?"
"No...I..er.. wasn't looking."
"come on!"
He's got a few good ones in there, mostly all the popular ones
"It's Reyn time baby"
"Yea, I'm turning up the heat"
"Can't make a rainbow without Reyn baby"
"What a buncha' jokers"
"Let's not lose our 'eads doe"

Today, I had a dream that I bought the New 3DS and Majora's Mask 3D for 35€ (the console was 10€, the game 25€). I put them in my bag. Later, I found out they were missing. I was super confused by this in the dream. It was like dreaming that you own a thing, then waking up and realizing it was merely a dream, except all of this happened inside the dream. Then I woke up and realized none of it happened.

I should get Majora's Mask 3D soon.

It's telling you something

SteveTR

He's got a few good ones in there, mostly all the popular ones
"It's Reyn time baby"
"Yea, I'm turning up the heat"
"Can't make a rainbow without Reyn baby"
"What a buncha' jokers"
"Let's not lose our 'eads doe"

Hate to Reyn on your parade, but those are pretty
good, actually.

You joke but I'd fuck the shit out of you guys.
51394-George-Takei-oh-my-gif-ltT3.gif

Just gotta say that out of the blue I started listening to this like two months ago and have worked through tons of the back episodes. These dudes are hella charismatic. I really enjoy their work!
Check out the OP for some recommended series If you haven't already done so check out the podcast, it's probably my favourite consistent thing that they do.
PS4 succesfully purchased.
Same with Xrd, though it's on my US account
Excellent.

Skrams

HE TRIED SO HAAARD AND GOT SO FAR
BUT IN THE EEEEND, IT DOESN'T EVEN MAAAATTEEEER!

The guy wears headphones constantly even. He was rated #1 in the character poll. Jesus.

But it was probably just some guy putting generic tiny jpegs of album covers in his room because reasons.

Also a fake AKB48 poster. That's something.

Village

Uuuugh. God damn it. Makes sense though.
'Boo hoo this girl i barely know and apparently love is dead!' And in the background, on repeat,
CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIN!

.... I think that was a cause for actual sadness.....Like your point doesn't work. Because a person was murdered....

" hah this guy was sad because someone he sort of cared about died"

" yes thats how human emotions work, robot person "

Village

Yeah fuck it. I can go with that. I mean Yukiko is just nothing apart from her annoying gimmicks.

We all went through a Linkin Park stage, r-right?

its not a stage, Link parks first two albums were popular and it was the music at the time.

A bunch of people just listened to their first two albums.

If you did, its fine you have nothing to prove to anyone and who cares if someone gives you shit for it . They were a culture icon for a while and now they aren't

It is what it is

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I listened to LP and those two. As well as Skillet, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Rise Against, and probably some other ones I'm forgetting. I was edgy as fuck in my preteen/early teen years.

Straight busta.

I listened to Counting Crows and Coldplay in my preteen/teen years. I was way edgier.

I listened to like one Linkin Park song, but I don't think I ever had "that" stage

When my dad, however, went through his mid-life crisis, he bought a 350 Z and plays Skillet while he makes enough noise driving off to wake the whole neighborhood.

Wait, new metallica or classic?
Classic.
I'm not a fan (though City of Evil and Nightmare are all right), but I'd still say they've never hit rock bottom as hard as Metallica did.
But let's not talk about St. Anger and Load/Reload.

No they didn't hit rock bottom by any means. They just sounds exactly like Metallica now.

Xzibit A

I listened to like one Linkin Park song, but I don't think I ever had "that" stage

When my dad, however, went through his mid-life crisis, he bought a 350 Z and plays Skillet while he makes enough noise driving off to wake the whole neighborhood.
FEEL LIKE A MONSTARRRRR
-revs engine while softly sobbing-

I listened to LP and those two. As well as Skillet, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Rise Against, and probably some other ones I'm forgetting. I was edgy as fuck in my preteen/early teen years.
Yeah Disturbed and Rise Against were on there for me as well. I'm making jokes but I still listen to Rise Against, A7X and Billy Talent though

We all went through a Linkin Park stage, r-right?

I still go through it... but it's fine. No fucks are given.

You forgot Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach heh.

I also went through an Avenged Sevenfold phase.

Godammit. They make me so upset. Rap and rock should stay separate. They just don't mix. And if they do, i ain't heard it.

No they shouldn't. It can work. Ask Run DMC and Aerosmith. Jay-Z and Linkin Park.

Just... don't put it in the same band and have it headlined by a guy named Fred Durst.

Skrams

I just bought Ghost Trick, Redline Bluray, and Paprika Bluray for some reason. I'm not quite sure why. I know I need to play more Parasite Eve, but I just keep thinking about other games and things. Also I skipped the music train when I was younger and never really bothered to get back aboard. It's pretty much just been podcasts, game, or anime bullshit piped into my ears when I need that kind of stuff.

Also because I haven't seen it mentioned since Matt said it weeks ago, I really want the Let's Watch of King of Fighters already.

croten

I just bought Ghost Trick, Redline Bluray, and Paprika Bluray for some reason. I'm not quite sure why. I know I need to play more Parasite Eve, but I just keep thinking about other games and things. Also I skipped the music train when I was younger and never really bothered to get back aboard. It's pretty much just been podcasts, game, or anime bullshit piped into my ears when I need that kind of stuff.

Also because I haven't seen it mentioned since Matt said it weeks ago, I really want the Let's Watch of King of Fighters already.

Ghost Trick is the shit

You know what? I just realized that Pat sold Monster Hunter in the worst way possible in this week's podcast.

Low Rank is a not a tutorial, goddammit. He made made it sound like the most rote and boring 50 hours you'll spend in the game but your fighting a lot of cool monsters very early on. Even as a vet to the series I found it all exciting. Way to turn off people to the game, Pat.

Skrams

Ghost Trick is the shit

Yeah, I always planned on picking it up since release. Although it's been years since its release so well, uh, better late than never. All the people talking about it lately made me decide why not? Hopefully it looks alright on a new 3DS since I'd rather not play it on my phat DS from literally 10 years ago.

You know what? I just realized that Pat sold Monster Hunter in the worst way possible in this week's podcast.

Low Rank is a not a tutorial, goddammit. He made made it sound like the most rote and boring 50 hours you'll spend in the game but your fighting a lot of cool monsters very early on. Even as a vet to the series I found it all exciting. Way to turn off people to the game, Pat.

I wanted to say people should already know about the baggage connected with the series in relation to the tutorials, but I guess there probably is still a ton of people who don't quite get the genre yet. At least his constant comparings of the game to crack and "it's so gooooood," sort of equal it out.

Also as long as we're shitting on Pat. I played only a few hours of MH Freedom Unite and it totally had weapon tutorials. There was a dedicated tutorial quest to each weapon even.

croten

Yeah, I always planned on picking it up since release. Although it's been years since its release so well, uh, better late than never. All the people talking about it lately made me decide why not? Hopefully it looks alright on a new 3DS since I'd rather not play it on my phat DS from literally 10 years ago.

It looks fine on 3DS

So I shouldn't buy this monster hunter? Because the demo leads me to believe it'll be a fun experience.

Nonono, DO buy it. The demo is basically showing off what a typical hunt is like. If you digged the combat, then by all means get the game.

I don't know if it'll feel as nice in the early game as it does in the demo, but it didn't feel as unwieldly to play as Wii U's MH3U. Something about playing on the New XL with that game just felt right.

My Bison Dollars are going to that game.

I don't know if it'll feel as nice in the early game as it does in the demo, but it didn't feel as unwieldly to play as Wii U's MH3U. Something about playing on the New XL with that game just felt right.

My Bison Dollars are going to that game.

Yes, Dok! Now just understand that there is mindless resource picking BS in the beginning but you can always go to the multiplayer room and do a real hunt with other human players online any time you want. Just try to not die and try to acquire a basic understanding of your weapon's movelist.

Neol

I feel like Pat calling the first 50 hours of MonHun a tutorial is a joke upon itself. That being said, many vets would agree the game really shines at its best when you reach high rank due to being able to craft more weapons, more armor, getting more into the charm and decoration system and overall more challenging but satisfying fights.

I say if you liked the demo go ahead and pick it up as I feel this is a great starting point for newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom