• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Dok! Now just understand that there is mindless resource picking BS in the beginning but you can always go to the multiplayer room and do a real hunt with other human players online any time you want. Just try to not die and try to acquire a basic understanding of your weapon's movelist.

Well I did sent a bunch of requests for 3DS Friend Codes and only 5 replied so... yeah.

Neol

Well I did sent a bunch of requests for 3DS Friend Codes and only 5 replied so... yeah.

Its fine.

If anything we can just set up a public gathering hall and befriend people there as you don't have to go through the tedious task of inputting in a friend code.

I feel like Pat calling the first 50 hours of MonHun a tutorial is a joke upon itself. That being said, many vets would agree the game really shines at its best when you reach high rank due to being able to craft more weapons, more armor, getting more into the charm and decoration system and overall more challenging but satisfying fights.

I say if you liked the demo go ahead and pick it up as I feel this is a great starting point for newcomers.
Is it? I've never even looked at a monhun game. What are they like?

Ilvocare

Ugh, what's happening everyone....

Midway through yesterday my sense of balance decided to take a sick day and now moving around is way more difficult than it should be. It's hard to explain but everything just feels off. I don't know why this happened either...

Midway through yesterday my sense of balance decided to take a sick day and now moving around is way more difficult than it should be. It's hard to explain but everything just feels off. I don't know why this happened either...

Sounds like you may be dehydrated or your blood sugar may be really low. Drink a lot of water and eat something.

Neol

SHAMELESS DP

Want a great morning to read some salt?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995216

Order reviews are in.

Honestly after seeing the gameplay it didn't stand out to me as anything impressive. Reviews seem what I expected from alright to meh.

Welp, my idea to buy, platinum, and then immediately trade back in seems like a good idea right about now.

Also MH people, will I be fine not playing the MP portion of MH4U? My internet's pretty shit, so I kind of doubt I'd have a good connection online.

You can totally play MH through just single player. Its just nice with friends since you can take on hunts as a group and farm materials together.

Pretty good scores overall. Still wouldn't buy it.

Giant Bomb called it an outright rental.

Problem is...where do you go to rent nowadays? Does Gamefly have that available?

Its fine.

If anything we can just set up a public gathering hall and befriend people there as you don't have to go through the tedious task of inputting in a friend code.

If we can do that, please let's do that. I hate having to input friend codes for everyone.

Off topic of The Order reviews..have a Flying Fox...aww..

greyheaded-flying-fox-pteropus-poliocephalus1.jpg

Neol

Basically as the name implies you go and fight monsters all varying in size and moves. Your given a bunch of different weapons to choose from ranging from swords, lances, bow etc. Game is challenging due to tank controls but deep in its systems and such.

In a way its like a semi action oriented MMO with focuses on hunting and gathering.

Drink water and sleep my friend.

Hope ya feel better.

Basically as the name implies you go and fight monsters all varying in size and moves. Your given a bunch of different weapons to choose from ranging from swords, lances, bow etc. Game is challenging due to tank controls but deep in its systems and such.

In a way its like a semi action oriented MMO with focuses on hunting and gathering.
Okay, simple enough. What's the gameplay like? Fast or slow? And i mean hunting the actual monsters. I assume the combat depends on what weapon you use.

I really wish my criminology professor would post the online stuff we're doing today so I don't make myself go all the way to campus thinking I imagined him saying that

Skrams

croten

That's not really an option for a PS4 exclusive game of all things. Unless I'm super misunderstanding this post.

Last I checked, Redbox wasn't stocking it.

I was talking in general, console owners have to buy their games I guess. The horror

Okay, simple enough. What's the gameplay like? Fast or slow? And i mean hunting the actual monsters. I assume the combat depends on what weapon you use.

Combat is fast paced int the sense that shit is popping around you all the time in the average hunt but if your new to the game, quests can take a while. Some weapons have you dodging and rolling around monsters while you're chipping away at them with weak but fast attacks, while some rely on slow and deliberate hard hitting moves.

Nordicus

Once you get some hours in and it opens up, MonHun is "Boss Battles - The Action RPG"

A fight can be from 5 to even 50 minutes long. The bosses have lots of moves, lots body parts that you can break and can affect the way they fight, the bosses can get frenzied, cowardly or tired

If you've played Souls games, imagine those bosses with way more HP, less attack damage, much more aggressive behaviour but at the same time less accurate attack patterns.

Skrams

He said it looked great in the PSX video and the fact that I think hes a somy fanboy

Looked great or "looked" great? Context kind of matters for what that game is. Also he loves the Vita, but he doesn't really harbor enough love for the PS3/PS4 enough to be called a Sony fanboy of all things.

Looked great or "looked" great? Context kind of matters for what that game is. Also he loves the Vita, but he doesn't really harbor enough love for the PS3/PS4 enough to be called a Sony fanboy of all things.
I forget which one it was I don't remeber him saying anything about the gameplay but I do remmeber a podcast video were he was wearing a shirt with the order logo on it.

Skrams

I forget which one it was I don't remeber him saying anything about the gameplay but I do remmeber a podcast video were he was wearing a shirt with the order logo on it.

I'd guess he probably got it from the last PAX as a free tshirt.

Or you're crazy and he doesn't own an The Order tshirt.

Or Liam has actually been secretly getting giant cheques from Sony to combat the giant cheques that Matt and Woolie are getting from Microsoft.

I'm leaning towards #1 because wearing a tshirt means nothing.

Once you get some hours in and it opens up, MonHun is "Boss Battles - The Action RPG"

A fight can be from 5 to even 50 minutes long. The bosses have lots of moves, lots body parts that you can break and can affect the way they fight, the bosses can get frenzied, cowardly or tired

If you've played Souls games, imagine those bosses with way more HP, less attack damage, much more aggressive behaviour but at the same time less accurate attack patterns.
50 minutes? That sounds like a long ass slog. I'm assuming that's just the big ones? Cause if most fights are like that, no way.

Xiraiya

lfHEug.png

I wish I could get the entire series of Gintama on Bluray or DVD or something with proper Crunchyroll level subtitles, the covers are always really misleading.

I'd guess he probably got it from the last PAX as a free tshirt.

Or you're crazy and he doesn't own an The Order tshirt.

Or Liam has actually been secretly getting giant cheques from Sony to combat the giant cheques that Matt and Woolie are getting from Microsoft.

I'm leaning towards #1 because wearing a tshirt means nothing.

He is wearing it during the podcast video where they talk about getting 500k subscribers and I few other ones I think. I'm sure he got it at something like PAX as you said. That and the shirt doesn't look necessarily bad, It'd be different if it was just the coverart slapped on a shirt I guess

croten

50 minutes? That sounds like a long ass slog. I'm assuming that's just the big ones? Cause if most fights are like that, no way.

That would be G rank fights yeah. Not all fights are 50 minutes, most average about 20-30 minutes, if you want a feel for how fights are play the demo.

That would be G rank fights yeah. Not all fights are 50 minutes, most average about 20-30 minutes, if you want a feel for how fights are play the demo.
I...don't think i can download the demo atm. My net's super booty right now. I've been trying to download dark arisen for a day now. Only at 44%. Related note, fuck comcast.

No way. If your properly equipped and have 3 other players with you, Grank quests should take just as much time to finish them as a High rank quest would take with a party with high rank gear. The weapons are scaled to make up for the larger monster health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom