• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's just seems to be a lot of random lashing out about completely unrelated things. It's not either or. These concepts aren't mutually exclusive. And a community isn't a hivemind. There are hundreds of simultaneous active discussions on a messageboard at the same time.
The only discussion not worth having is one that propagates ignorance.

If you see what forums were like in the 90s, it was STILL all about console wars and the PC master race ellitism. It just gets tiring to hear resulting arguments and threads over and over again.

Hey, Pat got a new 3DS to replace the dead pixels.
Aaannddd its broken...no seriously, he said it broke on twitter.

You're kidding. He wouldn't be blighted again.

Yeah, I've never been about hamfisting MP into a game, and for a game that allegedly has such a focus on creating a new and engaging narrative, they really should have worked on creating a full experience in at least that facet before spreading themselves thin.

Agreed.

Wait, like
sequel bait or just nothing?
Did he say?

Not really, because
most of it is resolved, but they leave just enough open that it could be a case of DLC to extend the plot, which would be really shitty if they did that. Who knows honestly if they have plans for that game afterwards. Guess it depends on sales.

Village

Total biscuit rants endlessly about something, in other news the sun is hot
I mean yeah sure, but when my dude started turning into something akin to the modern day version of a black and white film villian. It needed to be noted.

Also he went off on an article saying people needed to grow up because they didn't like DmC. Then he went off on the GG episode of that cop show. He's not on point all the time, but he was on point today

I want TB to do more Hearthstone videos.

TB and Pat should make Harthstone videos together

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If you see what forums were like in the 90s, it was STILL all about console wars and the PC master race ellitism. It just gets tiring to hear resulting arguments and threads over and over again.

I was on forums in the 90s. We were just talking about this the other day. Discussion is circular. New faces, new names, same arguments.

I consider console wars pretty pathetic in general, but suggesting that there aren't plenty of open discussions about publishers' poor anti-consumer practices as well is a misrepresentation. They're separate things.

I want some opinions. If I were to visit a South American country, which one should I go to?

Can you speak Spanish? Do you look like a tourist?

It's a sign.
Did he ordered this one online too?

Maybe he should just buy in store, no?

I was on forums in the 90s. We were just talking about this the other day. Discussion is circular. New faces, new names, same arguments.

I consider console wars pretty pathetic in general, but suggesting that there aren't plenty of open discussions about publishers' poor anti-consumer practices as well is a misrepresentation.
They're separate things.

Fair enough. I shouldn't let it bother me.

Not really, because
most of it is resolved, but they leave just enough open that it could be a case of DLC to extend the plot, which would be really shitty if they did that. Who knows honestly if they have plans for that game afterwards. Guess it depends on sales.
There'll be dlc. Watch. Everything gets dlc these days.

Yeah, but that's my point. Uneducated, stupid remarks are stupid regardless of where they're coming from, but I'm also sick of the elitist behavior you keep seeing more often both on these forums and in general.

I wish it was tongue in cheek. I really do.
Anyone who says that shit is tongue and cheek is lying to themselves. Go to r/pcmasterrace and you see legit haterd of people who play on consoles.

There'll be dlc. Watch. Everything gets dlc these days.
Not wolfenstein :(

Yeah fuck it. I can go with that. I mean Yukiko is just nothing apart from her annoying gimmicks.

We all went through a Linkin Park stage, r-right?
I gave a presentation on how their music evolved over time for my high school aesthetics class. (My friend really wanted to do them and we were partners) I had to listen to a ton of their stuff since I'd never listened to them. Some of it's alright. Early stuff isn't my thing and late stuff is garbage.

I was a cool kid listening to The Offspring.

Jman014

Can you speak Spanish? Do you look like a tourist?
This is important
missus bull stuff

lakak8ko5nazobowu0nz.gif

joe2187

Banned
Finally got my New3DS sorted out.

Did they upgrade the speakers on this thing? sounds so much better than the old one.

My only complaint is that the damn screen keeps dimming randomly, is there someway I can fix this? it's really annnoying.

Squishy3

Finally got my New3DS sorted out.

Did they upgrade the speakers on this thing? sounds so much better than the old one.

My only complaint is that the damn screen keeps dimming randomly, is there someway I can fix this? it's really annnoying.
Turn off auto-brightness.

I decided to not pay attention in class and bought Kid A on vinyl instead
Noice
Redbox isn't going to have a new release..
I got Bioshock infinite just a little while after release from Redbox and ran through it in 5-6 hours or whatever. Game is ok. Glad I rented it.
Well I did sent a bunch of requests for 3DS Friend Codes and only 5 replied so... yeah.
We didn't know you added us, they don't work like requests. You have to add each other seperately and the other person doesn't get a notification. So I'll just wait till we want to do something to add you.
You know what? I just realized that Pat sold Monster Hunter in the worst way possible in this week's podcast.

Low Rank is a not a tutorial, goddammit. He made made it sound like the most rote and boring 50 hours you'll spend in the game but your fighting a lot of cool monsters very early on. Even as a vet to the series I found it all exciting. Way to turn off people to the game, Pat.
Yeah! Right? He's did a pretty shit job. Sure it's easy and they keep throwing new mechanics in, but come on. The tutorial is only like 2 hours at most till you hit your first monster.

Inheritance
Genealogy of Holy War
Fire Emblem Awakening isn’t the first Fire Emblem to have children units, the first was Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War(FE4). The game is split in to 2 parts ‘First Generation(FG)’ and ‘Second Generation(SG)’ Like how supports work, if a male unit and a female unit stand together long enough, they will develop feelings for each other and become partners (There is also a jealously meter when the male unit stands next to other female). Unfortunately, unlike Awakening, there is a time limit to when you can pair up the female characters (Chapter 5 I believe). After Chapter 5 ends, you will start in the SG with the children from the females of the FG.
The mother will always produce 2 children, a male and a female. The male child’s growth rate will be the father’s growth rate + 50% of the mother’s growth rate and vice versa for the female child. If one of the parents has the holy blood bonus, that will be added to both child’s growth. If the mother is not paired with a father by the end of chapter 5, then the mother will not breed any children and instead will be replaced by substitute units that have fixed growth rates. There are more things that the children will inherit from the parents like starting HP, HP inherit, Gold, Skills and other stuff but this is more to do with growth rates and I may cover these at a later date.

Male child growth = Father’s growth + (Mother’s growth/2)
Female child growth = Mother’s growth + (Father’s growth/2)

Example:
Mother: Ayra (With Holy blood bonus)
HP STR MAG SKL SPD LUK DEF RES
70% 30% 5% 60% 30% 20% 20% 5%

Father: Holyn (With Holy blood bonus)
110% 30% 5%80% 30% 20% 30% 5%

Children
Skasaher(M) (With Holy blood bonus)
155% 45% 7% 125% 45% 30% 40% 7%

Lakche (F) (With Holy blood bonus)
135% 45% 7% 115% 45% 30% 35% 7%

Awakening
(My Awakening knowledge is rather iffy so some of this may or may not be completely inaccurate)
Children from awakening also inherit their growth rates from their parents but in a different way. The formula for the child’s growth is:

(Mother’s growth + Father’s growth + (Child’s base growth + Class growth))/3

(I did some calculation with this formula and gave me various results when comparing them to SerenesForest’s growth data, some were on point and some were a few points off). Since that is the case I’ll only show Severa’s SKL growth example:

Lon’qu SKL= 75%
Cordelia SKL= 60%
Severa SKL=45%
Mercenary Class SKL=25%
(60+75(45+25)/3 = 68.333r = SKL = 68%

Growth rates in Awakening are not that important in the long run as Modifiers are looked more favourably when building your children units.

Blossom skill
There is a skill called Blossom in Path of Radiance and Radiant dawn and its description is as follows:
Path of Radiance: User gains 2/3 EXP, but has his/her growth rates increased
Radiant Dawn: User gains 1/2 EXP, but has his/her growth rates increased

This is in fact a lie and the skill doesn’t modify the character’s growth rate in anyway. Instead it gives you a second chance for a stat to go up if it fails to do so the first time. So if the RNG rolls a number that doesn’t increase that specific stat, with Blossom equipped, the RNG will roll again for a second chance to get the stat up again. Example:

Initial Level up: HP +1, STR +1, MAG +0, SKL +0, SPD +1, LUK +0, DEF +1, RES +0
RNG rerolls for MAG, SKL, LUK and RES
Real Level up (On Sreen): HP +1, STR +1, MAG +0, SKL +1, SPD +1, LUK +1, DEF +1, RES +0 (SKL and LUK +1)

(This is probably the longest post I will ever do)

3ds sales haven't been great. They've been profitable, but they have fallen short of what Nintendo projected them out to be at.

Considering it has to compete against the iOS which was a nonfactor back in the days of the GBA and DS, it's still done very well. Its a great handheld that sells a lot, even if it doesn't meet expectations.

Though I do wish they would have just gotten rid of the 3D and bumped up the resolution, but other than that and account system bullshit I really have no complaints with that system.

I do find it funny when people complain about FE:A since it has marriage and kids and that "its not Fire Emblem" when FE4 already did it decades ago. You can argue that FE:A puts a bigger emphasis on it which can hurt the experience and pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom