• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

I don't even think the GZ length shit was this salty and all around awful

I always found it silly, MGS is a weird series in how it's replayablity can come from very little.

So when Kojima decided to make one area with a bunch of missions, I quickly realized it's a game that'll be well worth it's money in the long run, it feels that good to play, you spend so long hunting for secrets, collecting soldiers and prisoners and doing all the objectives and setting records in dumb and crazy ways, it's a real fun little stealth sand box.

Ace attorney Invesigations 2 (chapter 2) spoilers:
Courtney is one of the most annoying morons I've ever seen in an Ace Attorney game. The constant threats get old when it's based on her borderline non-existent logic, regardless of whether you take corruption into account.

Wait you're really hating on her? Not Sebastian? Can't wait for your heelturn

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So at what point in the game would I start consider going online in MH4U?

You can start online almost immediately. After a few beginning fetch missions in the town, that's what I did. The online missions are completely separate. Most people in the OT suggest finishing everything in single player until you unlock the market at least, but it's not a big deal if you want to dive right in for a little bit.

Well, it's begun. Started my next LP on Something Awful for AC Project Phantasma (and Master of Arena). Hopefully I pace myself well this time when it comes to putting out parts in a reasonable time frame.

Good to see you guys still arguing about people on the internet being idiots, by the way. Warms my heart.

mrmyhthef

Ace attorney Invesigations 2 (chapter 2) spoilers:
Courtney is one of the most annoying morons I've ever seen in an Ace Attorney game. The constant threats get old when it's based on her borderline non-existent logic, regardless of whether you take corruption into account.

Actual endgame spoilers so don't read this Mara:

Anyone else found her "redemption" wholly unconvincing? She spends the most of the game being an obstructive antagonistic bitch, but she freaks out over her kid for a case and suddenly she's on the force of good? What did I miss?

Well, it's begun. Started my next LP on Something Awful for AC Project Phantasma (and Master of Arena). Hopefully I pace myself well this time when it comes to putting out parts in a reasonable time frame.

Good to see you guys still arguing about people on the internet being idiots, by the way. Warms my heart.

Post theeeeeeeeeeeeem

Also last night I met a yandere
in a dream last night 8/10 would me again

Weeb shit ^^^^^

Nice. Good luck with that.

So some more Sword Art.
Holy Order Sol Kirito's outfit is actually kind of cool looking
Because Sebastian is just an insignificant tool who only ever does anything under the command of Courtney and is not capable or willing to do anything on his own, of course I'm going to hate Courtney more, why the hell would I not? You can just ignore Sebastian and would not lose anything of value, whereas Courtney is a self-righteous, pompous, corrupt piece of garbage who does little more than threaten Edgeworth at every turn for practically no reason.

She's hardly more than a baby sitter anyways. Obviously she's going to want to defend the kid if she's under pressure from someone, be it the kid or someone else. Besides, you're Edgeworth. You don't got much to worry about.

I want to keep hearing your opinion on stuff as you keep going

Awesome good luck. Is any of your old stuff on Lparchive?

Actual endgame spoilers so don't read this Mara:

Anyone else found her "redemption" wholly unconvincing? She spends the most of the game being an obstructive antagonistic bitch, but she freaks out over her kid for a case and suddenly she's on the force of good? What did I miss?
DP because Mara don't read this either. Oh I didn't actually DP

You missed the part where she had to keep up an act so as to not lead Blaise on. Had she done so all her work to expose him over the years would have gone to shit. Even during the case against him she couldn't do anything when she though she actually had him.

mrmyhthef

You missed the part where she had to keep up an act so as to not lead Blaise on. Had she done so all her work to expose him over the years would have gone to shit. Even during the case against him she couldn't do anything when she though she actually had him.

Oh that seems like a really big thing to miss. Why don't I remember that at all?

Maybe I was just rushing it without taking it in. Honestly a lot of the character writing annoyed me and I just wanted to get through it.

ultimax

sjay1994

So, I used to be a pretty big assassins creed fan. I loved the idea of the series, the running around historical cities, carrying out assassinations, etc. I even liked the modern day stuff that a lot of people did not like.

Around revelations was the time I kinda felt a bit fatigued with AC. Then AC3 was announced, I saw all the new things that they were introducing and was back on board. I know AC3 is the game that really killed the franchise for a lot of people. I personally kinda like AC3 still. I saw some good ideas in that game, like naval. I liked the new combat system because even though it was really easy, it was faster and more aggressive. Fuck, I even liked Connor, simply because he was a fuck up character and because ubisoft went out of their way to make him "native man". Ezio is pretty much a marry sue, and Connor was kinda refreshing after 3 games of him. Even the desmond ending I felt, ok a lot of people didn't like Desmond, maybe they will do something more interesting.

Then AC4 happened, and I was pretty happy with that game. They improved a lot on 3, made boats the emphasis, which is probably the best fucking gameplay the series has ever had, and Edward Kenway is a likeable bastard. I even liked the whole "lol, we are a game developer stick, since a lot of it felt like self aware ubisoft"

So then rumors about Unity started up, with the airplane guy, how it was going to be a rescope of the series and I though "ok, cool. Its a yearly series, and rescoping it can help make it feel fresh"

Then the game is announced, and I am pretty happy so far. Frech Revolution is a cool setting, they are using new tech, it looks interesting.

Then e3 happened with the whole "women controversy". So, I defended ubisoft with that choice, saying yeah that makes sense because whats the point of putting a women model on top, if the person who wants to play as a women can't see they are being a women.But of course GAF being GAF just went "lol women, lol hard to animate" etc. Another thing that kinda bugs me about GAF is the fact people chastise developers if their character is "white man". They get upset that the character is not a women or colored. Fuck, the thing that really made me hate that was when far cry 4 said you play an indian character and people on GAF actually went "he's not brown enough" and "it doesn't count, because I can't see him".... really? Fucking really?

Well after that, every unity article was filled with "lol can't do women" and I felt kinda bummed by it. I ended up doing the writing for the OT for it. Shit got even worse when the 900p parity thing happened. Shit was nuts. I got banned from GAF, and I didn't even know why. All the message said was "thanks for putting in all that work" I was linked to posts of me simply saying "I don't understand the resolution debacle, and I don't understand why people are so upset about it".

And I was pretty annoyed when the OT designer decided to use resolution jokes for the thread title.

So thats all the GAF things.

Now lets talk about the actual fucking game. In every demo, preview event thing I saw "unity looked rough". I saw the pop ins, the screen tearing, the terrible stealth etc. I kept telling people on GAF that these things are problems, but nope. Everyone was busy looking for downgrades/making women jokes/lol ubisoft game.

I even met up with a developer who was showing a demo, and the thing crashed mid way. And I talked to her about this, and this was the day they announced the game was delayed to november. She said 'they know, and they are working on fixing it. So I gave them the benifit of the doubt, thinking ok... they will have it fixed.

Game comes out.

And now, it wasn't the resolution or women thing that pissed me off. It was the fact the game was still fucking broken, that it was riddled with microtransactions/mobile app bullshit, and that playing the game fucking sucks.

That game plays fucking terribly. The combat, parkor, stealth, fucking everything is so slow and sluggish. NPC's are falling through the world, I am falling through the world, the game crashes.

The stealth especially. Holy fuck is it bad. I mean, you guys have a team that makes relatively good stealth games. Get some help from them. They apparently did, but forgot how to make good stealth. A lot of the stealth missions in that games story happens in isolated interiors. There are guards all looking at each other, all blocking critical path ways. I actually can't stealth anything. Instead I am forced to use the games sluggish and awful combat constantly, because you don't have proper tools or good pathing to fucking use stealth in the first place.

And the real kicker is how they were praising their crowd tech. "Oh with 10,000 npcs on screen it really helps the stealth gameplay" they said 'you can disappear into the crowds easily....

THEN WHY THE FUCK DO ALL OF YOUR MISSIONS HAPPEN IN EMPTY INTERIORS?

And getting into these buildings is obtuse as fuck because you need to locate the "one open window".

Not to mention one of my favorite MP's is now replaced by this incomprehensible clusterfuck they called co op. Its not even fun.

And thats my big problem with unity. There is no idea in that game that I find good, its all half assed and boring. The story is fucking nothing, Arno is literally just Ezio but less interesting. The modern day is a fucking joke.

The new modern day character is JUST YOU PLAYING A FUCKING VIDEO GAME. THATS IT. WHAT AN AMAZING HERO. FUCKING SECRETIVE ORGANIZATION CONTACTS YOU BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT A VIDEO GAME CONSOLE. WOW.

You thought the Desmond stuff was intrusive? This shit is fucking obnoxious, not to mention nothing happens. That games ending is literally. "oh, arno did the thing. We didn't really need you, thanks though"

So why do I hate unity? Because I gave it the benefit of the doubt, I saw the actual gameplay problems and brought them up, and was ignored. Everyone else was too busy shitting on no women and 900p.

It plays like shit, came out broken, and was filled to the gills with bullshit.

It killed of any interest I have left in what used to be one of my favorite franchises. Just fuck this game.

Don't read this mara
I think Mara hit the nail on the head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom