• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
Man I just remembered I had the weirdest dream last night.

I dreamt I woke up and answered the my cell phone and I heard my voice on the phone telling me to wake me up. So I called myself on the phone to remind myself to wake me up.

ultimax

Also, yall need to understand why Kagura is the best
thismanknow_zps9dhe1ibq.gif

I almost forgot to mention, but I walked straight into a fire hydrant and ate shit. I walked straight into it. I was completely zoned out. There was nothing in the way of my vision, I just zoned out.

SteveTR

That's one thing I love about JoJo. As the series progresses, the mechanics become more and more insane. It's absolutely amazing.

Oberon

Banned
I remember that I wanted to talk about Fubuki from Onepunch-man, but not exactly why. I mean the fact that she's the only Waifu material in that manga makes a waifu war pointless.
King best Husbando

Xiraiya

Saw the first two episodes of Gintama. So if these are supposed to be the "mediocre episodes," not only do I disagree because they were really good, but if the later episodes are significantly better then I know I'm really gonna like this show.
Also, yall need to understand why Kagura is the best
tumblr_nadst9Wm6w1tb7nbgo1_1280.gif

By first 2, do you mean the double special with the Starwars reference stuff? Or Episode 3 onwards with Gin meeting shinpachi etc.
Because that's the canon beginning of the story, the double episode was a filler thing that aired in certain parts of Japan
Also yes, Kagura is a fantastic child character, it's taken me a few watchings of that series to appreciate just how good she is as a kid.

oh my god did Naruto just rip everything off from this manga???

Makes it all the more hilarious when people call the show generic even though it was one of the firsts to do it.

Then wait till a few arcs from now so you can see what else ripped off this "generic" show.

By first 2, do you mean the double special with the Starwars reference stuff? Or Episode 3 onwards with Gin meeting shinpachi etc.
Because that's the canon beginning of the story, the double episode was a filler thing that aired in certain parts of Japan
Also yes, Kagura is a fantastic child character, it's taken me a few watchings of that series to appreciate just how good she is as a kid.

Yeah the Star Wars (and the Bleach) references. From the preview it does look like that episode 3 looks more like the canon beginning with how the characters meet.

Alfebit

Banned
Matt condemning that woman for stealing wine literally minutes after forging that letter. Come on, son.

I think we should have a group watch of something truly terrible a little something something called...

The Heavenly Sword CG movie

Is it on youtube?

Xiraiya

Yeah the Star Wars (and the Bleach) references. From the preview it does look like that episode 3 looks more like the canon beginning with how the characters meet.

When I first saw Gintama, I liked the earlier episodes just fine, but they are nothing compared to later episodes the incline of improvement is more or less continuous.

When I first saw Gintama, I liked the earlier episodes just fine, but they are nothing compared to later episodes the incline of improvement is continuous.

I'd imagine so. From the gifs you posted the animation has obviously gotten a lot better. And not to mention that even after 200+ episodes no one can really give me a straight definition of what kind of show this even is, so I have to assume that it gets pretty special later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom