• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

semisonic

Banned
I only get salt when the connection gets bad, like it did in my last match with PG. Then it just gets frustrating because I just want to play the damn game.

The only thing that happens to me in is smash, where I don't even go into training.
I just play more than everyone around me, while trying to actively improve, because an hour of real game experience with advanced tech is worth 4 in the lab. Even then, I love playing better people than me and losing to them, or people on my skill level as long as its even. It's only when I lose to people I consider worse than me that the salt reeeaally starts to flow.

I do the same training method with fighting games, just if you want to get good, fuck learning combos, learn the mindgames and real life situations for each move. If you aren't execution man, don't really try to be, and just outthink and out read the other player until you win. While it's bad for super high level play, you can really get by mid level with unconventional, well though out strategies and good reactions.

Or so I say but really I'm just a lazy fuck who doesn't like combo memorization.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I have never been so salt in my life seeing you do that perfectly.

image.php

The only thing that happens to me in is smash, where I don't even go into training.
I just play more than everyone around me, while trying to actively improve, because an hour of real game experience with advanced tech is worth 4 in the lab. Even then, I love playing better people than me and losing to them, or people on my skill level as long as its even. It's only when I lose to people I consider worse than me that the salt reeeaally starts to flow.

I do the same training method with fighting games, just if you want to get good, fuck learning combos, learn the mindgames and real life situations for each move. If you aren't execution man, don't really try to be, and just outthink and out read the other player until you win. While it's bad for super high level play, you can really get by mid level with unconventional, well though out strategies and good reactions.

Or so I say but really I'm just a lazy fuck who doesn't like combo memorization.

I agree. You really don't need to memorize combos to be decent at fighting games. Eventually with practice that shit becomes muscle memory, but otherwise a large part of it is the fundamentals. I've learned that knowing how to block is the single most important fundamental in a fighting game.

Halfway through his spam I remembered that there's chip damage in Xrd. I used faultless but it was too late.

Yeah seriously, Sol's chip damage is insane with the dragon install. Its not even chip damage at that point, its just a regular super.

I'm gonna start watching the peep show, him eatting the dog made me laugh a lot

Yeah, I was expecting this horrifying awkwardness that would cause my face to contort in various different ways.

However the self narration made it pretty hilarious instead.

I don't think I want to see curb.

If you like seinfeld you really need to watch curb

Conglaturations. So, why Xrd and not other fighters?
Probably because I have spent enough time with other games so when I lose I know what I did wrong and how to do better. Here I don't know what things do and I get thrashed and instead of learning how to react I just get mad. There is smaller things like mashing to recover and the single button throws that I hate as well. The game also feels weird to me but I can't explain it. Ultimax and Chrono Phantasma just feel better to me.

I am starting to enjoy it more though, now that I found a character I want to play. Venom

Probably because I have spent enough time with other games so when I lose I know what I did wrong and how to do better. Here I don't know what things do and I get thrashed and instead of learning how to react I just get mad. There is smaller things like mashing to recover and the single button throws that I hate as well. The game also feels weird to me but I can't explain it. Ultimax and Chrono Phantasma just feel better to me.

I am starting to enjoy it more though, now that I found a character I want to play.

I have 0 problems with it being a single button throw. I wish the distance that they would activate was slight larger like a normal fighting game though instead of me having to get up in someone's ass just to use it.

Zenfalcia

I am starting to enjoy it more though, now that I found a character I want to play. Venom

Must be the slower pacing of it throwing you off.

The game's a lot slower compared to the other 2 games. I'm getting used to it, but I still prefer BB and P4U2.

Must be the slower pacing of it throwing you off.

The game's a lot slower compared to the other 2 games. I'm getting used to it, but I still prefer BB and P4U2.
That is what I am thinking but when I play SF I always try to shit things down and grind it to a halt. It is in weird spot of almost fast but not slow either that keeps throwing me off

EDIT: wow I think that is the first time my auto correct has change a word to profanity and I actually didn't mean to use it

Also thats fucking stupid of the Xrd lobby system dont kick everyone out of the matches theyre in just cause the room was closed
The person who opens the room is literally hosting it, is why.
I do wish it was Ultimax with static lobbies though.
We starting the votes already? It feels like only yesterday Thread 14 got made.
That was so 8 hours ago.
Thread 15: Being used by 3 other guys.
Not bad

The person who opens the room is literally hosting it, is why.
I do wish it was Ultimax with static lobbies though.

The amount of times where I've said "I wish this was like Ultimax" about Xrd is insane.

No

Also thats fucking stupid of the Xrd lobby system dont kick everyone out of the matches theyre in just cause the room was closed

They made the lobby though....that's how lobby systems work.....

Thread 15: Being used by 3 other guys.

HA YOUR AVATAR IS DUMBBBBBBBBB

Rizzi

I was about to get annoyed with Majora's Mask when I realized that a new cycle means the dungeons reset.
Thankfully you can teleport straight to the boss rooms, so crisis averted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom