• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

I find that silly because removing that mode doesn't improve the quality of the game in any way. Ignoring the fact that literally all of my posts have been in Best Friends threads, is there even a good reason for me to branch out to otherGAF?

Don't be a community hikikomori, learn to socialize with the poors other kinds of people.

Ilvocare

Make a thread about dicks

Congrats, now make a thread and get #decimated.

Make a thread about how much the Wii U sucks.

Also ive been a member for nearly half a year and ive yet to make a thread

All tempting ideas. All requiring effort beyond my capability to muster at 3 in the morning.

Honestly, if my thread wasn't something like, say, wondering why the fuck people think Muramasa the Demon Blade is a good game, or saying that New Super Mario Bros 2 innovated more in it's non-DLC main game than 3D Land did, I don't think I'd have the passion to commit to a full-blown assault.

joe2187

Banned
We need to push LISA for an SBFP full LP

LISA.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuZtbcywga8

why the fuck people think Muramasa the Demon Blade is a good game.
Oh wow, really? I've been going through Rebirth on the Vita and love it. Super fun with a moderate amount of depth that goes beyond traditional 2D beat em ups, but isn't like, character action, or anything.

Story is partially garbage but it's fiiiinnnneeee. The setting is cool.

Ilvocare

Oh wow, really? I've been going through Rebirth on the Vita and love it. Super fun with a moderate amount of depth that goes beyond traditional 2D beat em ups, but isn't like, character action, or anything.

Story is partially garbage but it's fiiiinnnneeee. The setting is cool.

Are you sure? The game I played was mind-blindingly simple with an assload of contradictory elements:

-Why would you ever eat at a food place when portable cookable food gives you all the Spirit you need? Especially when they tend to be placed right next to save points which heal you to full anyways.
-The "metroidvania-esque" map is awful and I felt like I was actively punished for exploring the map. The game would've been way better if I didn't have to physically travel from main dungeon to main dungeon.
-Likewise, the game world is apparently symmetrical, since all environments get significant reuse which diminished the initial impressiveness of the art. The ice mountain is the best place in the game to me because there's only one of it.
-FUCK LEVEL SCALING.
-Nothing in the game seems to ever actually cost a ryo. Nothing comes close. Why bother?
-Populating kill rooms with Tengus results in excessive Fred Dursting in order for your screen-wide attack to charge which you then use. Because making contact with any of their projectiles turns your durability from 100 to 0 in like a half a second.
-As interesting as the idea of "all katanas have different special moves" is, it's implemented with mixed results, especially if you get the Beyblade power and you're like "but I don't WANT this new thing."
-The localization is AWFUL. The only way I can describe it is that everything was under-localized, and the moment that sticks out to me was when I was running through Momohime's story that some guy popped up and gave a 5 minute monologue, which the game summarized as "I am ______. Prepare to die." That's it.

I feel like I'm forgetting more things but that's all off the top of my head.

Zenfalcia

Man, I forgot how much I hate packing.
At this stage I just wish I was moved out of this house already.

Packing really sucks. Especially when you find out how much crap you actually have. Then there's the process of sorting it and picking what you want to keep, moving the boxes, and then unpacking all those things you packed.

It sucks when you can't find/lose stuff.

Rizzi

I also have to get rid of all of my nan's shit that no-one wants to keep.
She had been living here since the 70's. There is a lot of it.

Emouse

Being sick suuucks, I've been fine all week and as soon as its the weekend I get sick, not fun!

In other news DOA5: LR is getting the senran kagura costumes it always needed

And madcatz put their PS3/4 TE2 sticks back up for pre-order, it's too bad they don't sell them in the UK, and refuse to ship here too, awesome.

Yeah, popularity isn't a factor I don't think. Machinima is LITERALLY going under. No more Inside Gaming, Ten for the Win, Respawn content, even Happy Hour isn't getting much new content. Heck, they refused to fund a second season of Low Brow's Morty Kombat despite it doing well simply because they couldn't afford it... and that was a show made with Mortal Kombat sprites.

Thankfully the Inside Gaming crew are now part of Rooster Teeth and the Best Friends have done well on their own channel and ventures so I don't think it should impact them much.
This is the only thing I have seen in a reaction from the guys yet

SteveTR

There's a possibility I might get together with my friends to play Silent Hill 2 tomorrow. Now I'm glad I didn't watch the playthrough past the point I was at.

Zenfalcia

I also have to get rid of all of my nan's shit that no-one wants to keep.
She had been living here since the 70's. There is a lot of it.

Worst of all you don't know what to keep and to throw away.
Being sick suuucks, I've been fine all week and as soon as its the weekend I get sick, not fun!

In other news DOA5: LR is getting the senran kagura costumes it always needed

And madcatz put their PS3/4 TE2 sticks back up for pre-order, it's too bad they don't sell them in the UK, and refuse to ship here too, awesome.

Being sick does suck.

SteveTR

I honestly can't remember much of Kotor 2. I jumped planets so much that it's all a blur.

I remember the very beginning vividly. You know, waking up on the floor wearing nothing but the bare minimum. Finding a torch thing. Talking to Kreia.

I still get flashbacks to that one hallway with about three killer robots who started shooting at you as soon as they saw you.

Rizzi

Realgaf stuff.
Been thinking about a bunch of stuff lately.
I've been doing online uni studies for the past year, and it's been good. This past month has taken a lot out of me though, and I think I might take a few months when I move up to my mum's. If I get any money out of the sale of the house I might invest it or something, I dunno.

Zenfalcia

Realgaf stuff.
I've been doing online uni studies for the past year, and it's been good. This past month has taken a lot out of me though, and I think I might take a few months when I move up to my mum's. If I get any money out of the sale of the house I might invest it or something, I dunno.
I assume you mean take a few months off? It's better than the money not gathering any interest in a chequeing account.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, a few months off. That was my thinking too.
It's up to you. If you feel guilty with no classes then just take less classes to lighten the load. Don't just invest all willy-nilly or you won't see any gains. If you want the safest option, just see if you can go to your bank and get a financial advisor, who might help be able to help, unless you feel like you're savvy enough to do it yourself.

Skrams

Realgaf stuff.

Sounds very level headed to know to invest it or something else rather than just blow it on dumb shit to tide you over while taking your break. If you feel like taking a break then I don't see what's stopping you. As long as you know to eventually get back to work and not just laze about. You've been through a lot, so a break sounds appropriate.

Also man, fuck snow. I spent 5 minutes scrapping ice off my car thinking it's only not a long drive home, but I should of spent longer. I overlooked the fact my wipers were stuck so the whole drive home was just looking through water/snow. My defrosters did fuck all.

Then I learned The Order actually is at redbox and the only one available is 8 miles away. I'm afraid someone will rent it then just dump it at at another redbox even further away. Man, fuck Redbox for not showing The Order as coming soon in their games shit.

I should just play Kirby or play more Monster Hunter or just watch the FNF. Fucking video games and snow and shit.

Also man I hope Machinima collapsing in on itself doesn't effect the best friends.

God, I also forgot SAO Arc 2 viewing was today. Fuck.

Edit for Rizzi-
I didn't think about the taking less classes thing. You should probably do that so you at least don't feel entirely lazy while you take your half break. Also yeah, obviously be smart if you want to invest. Don't do it half assed.

Zenfalcia

Sounds very level headed to know to invest it or something else rather than just blow it on dumb shit to tide you over while taking your break. If you feel like taking a break then I don't see what's stopping you. As long as you know to eventually get back to work and not just laze about. You've been through a lot, so a break sounds appropriate.

Also man, fuck snow. I spent 5 minutes scrapping ice off my car thinking it's only not a long drive home, but I should of spent longer. I overlooked the fact my wipers were stuck so the whole drive home was just looking through water/snow. My defrosters did fuck all.

Then I learned The Order actually is at redbox and the only one available is 8 miles away. I'm afraid someone will rent it then just dump it at at another redbox even further away. Man, fuck Redbox for not showing The Order as coming soon in their games shit.

God, I also forgot SAO Arc 2 viewing was today. Fuck.

I should just play Kirby or play more Monster Hunter or just watch the FNF. Fucking video games and snow and shit.

Also man I hope Machinima collapsing in on itself doesn't effect the best friends.

Tsk tsk, you forgot the most basic rule of all, always have your wipers up. I mean.. you could get the order if you really want to try it.

Oh yeah... Welp.

Why not all of them at once?

Realgaf stuff.
Put any rainy day money into a savings acct or CD and don't touch it until you figure you what you wish to do with it.

Don't put yourself on the spot to do something that you're not knowledgable on. Investing is fairly easy to lose your shirt in.

Rizzi

Yeah, I wasn't gonna invest it the day I got it or anything. I'm smart enough to know that I know nothing about that kinda thing. :p

Oberon

Banned
I just started playing Shan gui, and it's the production value is kind of weird. I am like 10 min in, and there are some many different and really pretty backgrounds, but the sound quaility for the dialogue is suprisingly low. What's up with that?

Edit Shut up! A 12 year old girl doesn't have curves like that

Emouse

I just started playing Shan gui, and it's the production value is kind of weird. I am like 10 min in, and there are some many different and really pretty backgrounds, but the sound quaility for the dialogue is suprisingly low. What's up with that?

Edit Shut up! A 12 year old girl doesn't have curves like that

Yeah that game is super weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom