• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shut up.

Do you really wanna go down this road?

9c0.jpg

Too many replies, It looks like PS4 is the potentially most popular choice, followed by PC. I'll think about which version to grab more. Has Tecmo Koei retracted their statements about not supporting the game on PC if people make mods for it? That kinda put a sour taste in my mouth

Jesus christ how the hell do you get banned on reddit of all fucking places?
Is he a GGer or some shit?

Vote brigading. He would link to a comment he disaggered with or something and people would down vote the shit out of him

The admins messaged him multiple times about it and he never listened

You can read about it here

Too many replies, It looks like PS4 is the potentially most popular choice, followed by PC. I'll think about which version to grab more. Has Tecmo Koei retracted their statements about not supporting the game on PC if people make mods for it? That kinda put a sour taste in my mouth

Wait, they said that? Jeez. If that's the case then I guess I'll hold off on getting it until I obtain a PS4.
You should get the game.

I am getting the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Nah, they haven't. I think they're just trying to discourage people from interfering with DLC costume sales. Empty threats if you ask me.

Wait, they said that? Jeez. If that's the case then I guess I'll hold off on getting it until I obtain a PS4.

I am getting the game.
I am paraphrasing a bit but it was something along those lines. sorry should have specified
Nah, they haven't. I think they're just trying to discourage people from interfering with DLC costume sales. Empty threats if you ask me.

I guess we will see. No matter what they say people are making costume and skin mods.

The {C version won't have multiplayer on launch, so that's already a bad sign.

I am getting the game.

I think their words were something like they wanted players to be "good and moral" in their modding, I don't think they explicitly said they'd shut everything down if it got modded.

EDIT: Found the quote "We have to deal with mod issues from an IP holder perspective, We would like to ask PC users to play our game in good moral and manner. Otherwise, we won’t be able to release a title for PC again."

I am paraphrasing a bit but it was something along those lines. sorry should have specified

I think their words were something like they wanted players to be "good and moral" in their modding, I don't think they explicitly said they'd shut everything down if it got modded.

EDIT: Found the quote "We have to deal with mod issues from an IP holder perspective, We would like to ask PC users to play our game in good moral and manner. Otherwise, we won’t be able to release a title for PC again."

Ah, I see. That's better. Still, if most people are going to play on PS4 then I may as well get it on there too.

My need for that game is OP. I've never felt that way about a racing game...what is happening

Distance is bringing back the arcade racer!

If the game could be fine tuned to custom music... I'll never buy another racing game again!

BRING THIS TO CONSOLE AND LET ME PUT MUSIC IN!

Oh god pls no. I missed a class and missed the deadline to report my reason for it (it's a weird system). If I can't fix this, I can't make the test and since my study has an all-or-nothing kind of system, they might actually force me to repeat the year due to not having stated my reason for a single (allowed) absence, despite my grades being good.

I fucking hope the exams committee (the ones I need to talk to) aren't fucking nutjobs. This is the worst and most ridiculous situation possible for me right now.

woof good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine. If it's not you might want to reconsider the kind of school you're going to

Zenfalcia

Oh god pls no. I missed a class and missed the deadline to report my reason for it (it's a weird system). If I can't fix this, I can't make the test and since my study has an all-or-nothing kind of system, they might actually force me to repeat the year due to not having stated my reason for a single (allowed) absence, despite my grades being good.

I fucking hope the exams committee (the ones I need to talk to) aren't fucking nutjobs. This is the worst and most ridiculous situation possible for me right now.

Good luck on that.

Oof, I'm sure it should work out. Take some energy.
I hate having so much ride on one thing.
Oh hello. You must be new! Welcome!
Hi! Thanks for the welcome.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I'm sure you'll be fine if they're rational and reasonable. That provision is in place to prevent people from trying to game the system, I'm sure. And you're not one of those people.

Can your professor back you up on it? It's an honest mistake.

Jeez. Good luck, man.

Alfebit

Banned

*raises hands* Good luck homie.

Shit man, good luck getting everything sorted out

Good luck. That's a weird system...

Worst is that the "thing" in question is fucking NOTHING! I can be absent for one class and the only problem is that I didn't state my valid reason (took someone to a chemo therapy appointment at the hospital). My grades and my remaining attendance are fine!
That reason is super legit, I wouldn't think you'd have any problems. Good luck, holmes.

Intimidate them using your Mara powers. They won't be able to handle the girth.

You have my energy and my sword.

Man, i've been thinking about what I want to do after I finish my education. I still have senior year and college after I finish this year, so I have time, but it's been on my mind. I think I want to do something related to finance. Maybe something like an accountant or a stockbroker, i'm not sure,but something related to finance for sure. It's still a little early, but I figured I should at least have an idea.

I don't know. Our prof. is mostly uncaring of his students. The professor basically puts up an absence notice and you have to reply to it with a valid reason within a week. I generally do it immediately, but the prof. forgot to set up that notice for the first few days and I just completely forgot. Deadline used to be two weeks last year and I've never been absent before this year, so it just slipped my mind.

Goddamn it. It's my fault entirely and I hope they won't screw me over on this, but I'm panicking like crazy regardless.

I'm just going to try and go to sleep. It's 4 a.m but this has been keeping me awake for the past two hours.

Thanks guys.

You have to let that committee know this

It's my final year. I can't back out of it now and I cannot financially afford to re-do a year.

Worst is that the "thing" in question is fucking NOTHING! I can be absent for one class and the only problem is that I didn't state my valid reason (took someone to a chemo therapy appointment at the hospital). My grades and my remaining attendance are fine!
Can't you state that as your reason? And the reason you didn't give a reason was because the prof didn't put the sheet up or you simply forgot (I hope your system isn't too strict)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't know. Our prof. is mostly uncaring of his students. The professor basically puts up an absence notice and you have to reply to it with a valid reason within a week. I generally do it immediately, but the prof. forgot to set up that notice for the first few days and I just completely forgot. Deadline used to be two weeks last year and I've never been absent before this year, so it just slipped my mind.

Goddamn it. It's my fault entirely and I hope they won't screw me over on this, but I'm panicking like crazy regardless.

I'm just going to try and go to sleep. It's 4 a.m but this has been keeping me awake for the past two hours.

Thanks guys.

Just try to calm down, take it easy, and get some rest. I know that you're mind is probably racing, but try to not obsess over it. Bury yourself in an LP, or start up an old game to get your mind off of it. There's nothing that can be done until your hearing with the committee, right? So, prepare yourself, let them know all the facts involved, but don't sweat it.

Mention your professor's misstep above, but don't dwell on it. Remain apologetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom