• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played and beat Shinobi and Nightshade/Kunoichi. Unlocked all characters. I know I at least S ranked everything in Nightshade.
I've only barely scraped by in Shinobi, I need to work on my skills to 100% everything. Air Tates are a bitch, but super satisfying.

The one character action series I still need to play is Otogi, but I don't have an OG Xbox to play it on.

DMC3 is #2 only to Wonderful 101.

My first was Kingdom Hearts 1 if that counts. I think 2 plays a lot more like character action though.
You're putting a lot of effort into replying to me now. Glad I'm worth it. <3

I'm one of the people who whines about W101 having terrible conveyance, and I hate the perspective. I respect what it is super hard though.

You're putting a lot of effort into replying to me now. Glad I'm worth it. <3

I'm one of the people who whines about W101 having terrible conveyance, and I hate the perspective. I respect what it is super hard though.

On GAF it seems like an either love it or hate it game, though I guess there are a few that are just "its alright" towards it.

God I would reset so hard and then never play the game again if that happened to me.

Then again, Death Nyx isn't really that hard so..
I died so many time against that asshole on hard that
I leveled up until he did almost no damage then I just Armageddoned the bastard.

More or less. I kinda harbor the love and hatred simultaneously to where I'm just confused and neutral on the whole thing.

inb4 git gud

I recognize the good, but I also recognize that the game is terrible at getting it's point across, and has some faults.

I consider it alright.

Mechanically the game does an even worse job than Bayo at explaining how it works at its core, but I still think its really enjoyable even if you can't do all those crazy mechanics. I think of it as a refined Okami and that's what makes it great for me because I love Okami's combat.

Sorry :(

The first I ever played was bayonetta, I never really paid any attention to them until I started watching best friends. And of course I love them now.

Welcome, fresh blood
tumblr_inline_mjkctyvgSy1qz4rgp.png

Mechanically the game does an even worse job than Bayo at explaining how it works at its core, but I still think its really enjoyable even if you can't do all those crazy mechanics. I think of it as a refined Okami and that's what makes it great for me because I love Okami's combat.
The turtles tho

To character action games or the conversation?

I've always known about DMC but was never allow to play rated M games when I was younger.

If the conversation, I usually drop in now and again. This thread goes SUPER fast and I can never keep up lol.

Ilvocare

Hey everyone, been gone for basically the entire day. What's been happening?

On my end, I'm still kicking myself as to why in the fuck I'm still playing Love Live. The farther I get the more disgusting the mechanics become. But I.... can't.... stop.

Also been playing more Awakening. About to resolve
Nah's
Paralogue and then I'll jump into
Chapter 23
. It's amazing how the second the Valm arc ends Awakening becomes a really good game again. Is this what fans of Bravely Default felt when they pushed through?

I really don't like Okami, outside of of visuals, so maybe that's why it didn't click with me.

Also, I'm really bad at character action games.

I've always known about DMC but was never allow to play rated M games when I was younger.

If the conversation, I usually drop in now and again. This thread goes SUPER fast and I can never keep up lol.
DMC games are pretty widely available. Capcom doesn't hold the games ransom like konami does with silent hill

Just join in the shit pile and start talking. I've had conversations about things on here that no one likes before.

On my end, I'm still kicking myself as to why in the fuck I'm still playing Love Live. The farther I get the more disgusting the mechanics become. But I.... can't.... stop.

Also been playing more Awakening. About to resolve
Nah's
Paralogue and then I'll jump into
Chapter 23
. It's amazing how the second the Valm arc ends Awakening becomes a really good game again. Is this what fans of Bravely Default felt when they pushed through?

I played dota for like 5 hours today :X

Alright, after thinking about it for a while, I think i'm going to try to be a stockbroker. Now i'll be able to focus on classes that can prepare me for the needed abilities during senior year and college.

Alfebit

Banned

Yeah, these nerds are crazy.

Played some Xrd with AC and then a couple tag rounds of DOA5 with a friend of mine.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just got a really nice e-mail from a dude in Argentina who used my God of War II Titan Mode FAQ on Gamefaqs. I'd totally forgotten about it. I wrote that thing back in 2007.

If you use someone's guide on gamefaqs, send them a nice message! It might make their day.

I was always allowed to play M rated games. I remember picking up a GTA game when I was 10 or 11. I think it was Liberty City Stories. I was the only one out of my friends who could. Man, I loved that game.

I was always allowed to play M rated games. I remember picking up a GTA game when I was 10 or 11. I think it was Liberty City Stories. I was the only one out of my friends who could. Man, I loved that game.

I had to hide doom from my parents. They never found out

Man, Distance looks hype as fuck. I'm tempted to break my early access rule for it.

You're gonna have to break that rule for killing floor 2

I remember I had a really hard time convincing my mom to let me play M-rated games. Then she chilled out and as long as it didn't have sex stuff in it she was down for it... but she let me play Fable even after the gamestop dude told her all the stuff in it.

Okay I actually have no clue how my moms system worked but after Freshman year she was just whatever about it all

Ilvocare

I played dota for like 5 hours today :X

Played some Xrd with AC and then a couple tag rounds of DOA5 with a friend of mine.

Ah, a generally lazy day all around? Well it is Sunday.

Regarding my first CAG, it was Bayo 1. I played it like right before I found out about the Best Friends. At the time, I didn't know what character action was (hell, my older bro not only still doesn't but actively refuses to find out what it is). Mainly because we got our fill of hack-n'-slashing from the Warriors games.

Then DW6 happened and, well, consequences were never the same again.

I just got a really nice e-mail from a dude in Argentina who used my God of War II Titan Mode FAQ on Gamefaqs. I'd totally forgotten about it. I wrote that thing back in 2007.

If you use someone's guide on gamefaqs, send them a nice message! It might make their day.
You mentioning that just reminded me about Dahbomb's combat mechanics guide for DMC3 on that site. I think I even used that when I was first getting into that game

You writing a GameFAQs guide on GoW II is amusing to me for some reason. What'd the email say?
No I want to use this avatar :D

I'm too lazy to change it

It's weird seeing you with an anime avatar.

Anung

Un Rama

Resident Evil 1+2 for me. They traumatised me at the time. My dad bought me GTA3 at launch (which came with a free lighter) when I was a young un.

I'm still sick and been trying to study for Midterms, so it got worse. I'm feeling better now tho.

Wish I could send you a good rhythm game... Which have you played?

Man, Distance looks hype as fuck. I'm tempted to break my early access rule for it.
The rule can be broken for games that look stable, good, finished, like it has enough to keep you entertained, or any combination there of. If you've got the money/time go for it, no one's going to judge you. It's a good game and it's pretty.
Just ignore my devil horns
No I want to use this avatar :D

I'm too lazy to change it
Ah alright, it's just different from your usual DOTA/music guy thing

I had to hide doom from my parents. They never found out
I could play them out in the open. My parents figured that I was smart and mature enough to realize that it isn't real and not to do that stuff, and based on my personality, that the violent and mature content wouldn't bother or traumatize me. They were right on all accounts. I still remember how my friends would pay me like 10 dollars every time they wanted to play a M rated game at my place, because their parents wouldn't let them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You mentioning that just reminded me about Dahbomb's combat mechanics guide for DMC3 on that site. I think I even used that when I was first getting into that game

Yeah, that shit was bonkers. I didn't really get hardcore into DMC3's combat until months after beating it and all the difficulty modes.

You writing a GameFAQs guide on GoW II is amusing to me for some reason. What'd the email say?

It was just a super nice personal thank you note. He was stuck early on, found my FAQ, and it helped him all the way through. He was going through the entire series on the hardest difficulties.

Well a lot of my friends also had a strict "no M games" but the ones that did got around it by buying the games themselves. So if you had a disposable income you were good, I had no money lol.

We also didn't play video games as frequently. What we did was... *gulp* ... play sports.

The rule can be broken for games that look stable, good, finished, like it has enough to keep you entertained, or any combination there of. If you've got the money/time go for it, no one's going to judge you. It's a good game and it's pretty.
Just ignore my devil horns

I could, but I need money for UNiEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom