• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always allowed to play M rated games. I remember picking up a GTA game when I was 10 or 11. I think it was Liberty City Stories. I was the only one out of my friends who could. Man, I loved that game.

I could always play anything that didn't pertain to some sort of sexual theme. Violence? Fine. Drugs? Fine. Language? Fine. Breasts? WHOA, SLOW THE FUCK DOWN THERE, BUSTER!

My mom won't have any of it. My dad, on the other hand, used to give me tips on keeping it all hidden from my mom.

Unfortunately for them, telling me not to look at something only made me more curious and now look where I ended up at. DOA and hentai. :p Haha

Well a lot of my friends also had a strict "no M games" but the ones that did got around it by buying the games themselves. So if you had a disposable income you were good, I had no money lol.

We also didn't play video games as frequently. What we did was... *gulp* ... play sports.
Yeah, all my friends did too. That made me a lot of money back in the day. Most of them were a lot more well off then me, and instead of buying M games themselves, since they were afraid their parents would find out, they paid me 10 dollars everytime they wanted to play.

It's weird seeing you with an anime avatar.

Ah alright, it's just different from your usual DOTA/music guy thing
I ran out of avatars I wanna and I don't want to be like ultimate trainer reusing the same set avatars over and over again.
I could play them out in the open. My parents figured that I was smart and mature enough to realize that it isn't real and not to do that stuff, and based on my personality, that the violent and mature content wouldn't bother or traumatize me. They were right on all accounts. I still remember how my friends would pay me like 10 dollars every time they wanted to play a M rated game at my place, because their parents wouldn't let them.

My mom still isn't happy with some of the games I play, but who cares I'm an adult!

Feel lucky that you can change it whenever you want.

Maybe if you didn't make dumb bets this wouldn't be an issue

Ilvocare

Q3XhzSa.gif

STOP TAUNTING ME HONOKA

FUCK I KNOW THEIR NAMES NOW

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why would you even waste that much time getting to Rank 100+? Like fuck, songs on Hard difficulty give you peanuts for EXP. Also I don't know why but I now have all three Rare Elis. I think two of them were gotten via Regular Scouting, even.

I'm still sick and been trying to study for Midterms, so it got worse. I'm feeling better now tho.

Wish I could send you a good rhythm game... Which have you played?

Glad you got better!

I've covered Elite Beat Agents, both Ouendan games, I've played Theaterhythm extensively and own Curtain Call as well, and I used to play Guitar Hero back when it mattered.

The ridiculous thing is that Curtain Call is a perfectly great game I would play. Except I'm busy using my 3DS to play Awakening and my phone is doing nothing so I got Love Live in order to have another thing on my phone to whip out, since time to game arguably takes even LESS time to do than the 3DS, which I practically take with me almost everywhere.

Shit's dire.

Alfebit

Banned
I got around buying M-rated games by having my grandma who didn't speak a word of english tell the clerk it was ok. Once I was like 13 or 14 my mom was cool with it though.

Well a lot of my friends also had a strict "no M games" but the ones that did got around it by buying the games themselves. So if you had a disposable income you were good, I had no money lol.

We also didn't play video games as frequently. What we did was... *gulp* ... play sports.

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Anung

Un Rama
My dad usually just let me play violent games and watch violent films (I remember seeing terminator, Aliens and The Thing) and just sat me down and said these things aren't real and violence is bad.

Worked enough for me and apart from occasional blackouts I'm well adjusted.

STOP TAUNTING ME HONOKA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why would you even waste that much time getting to Rank 100+? Like fuck, songs on Hard difficulty give you peanuts for EXP. Also I don't know why but I now have all three Rare Elis. I think two of them were gotten via Regular Scouting, even.
It just happens. It's really fun, tho.

This event is gonna be the death of me.

Ilvocare

It just happens. It's really fun, tho.

This event is gonna be the death of me.

Not knowing where in the rankings I am compared to everyone else is actually driving me insane. (Something that I've seen other F2P games actually do) Like how many people are still playing this game 2 years after release? Am I THAT far behind? Like hot damn, there's no reason for me at this time to blow LGs on refilling the bar when I'm about to spend another 50 on 11 more Scouts. I'm 9 away, dammit!

STOP TAUNTING ME HONOKA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Occasionally you will get rare cards as rewards for playing songs.

Honestly? I'm a person who likes things scheduled and planned out and it has just been part of my routine. I play at 6:45am when I'm in my car waiting for school to start, I play when I get home from school at around 2pm and then lately since I have 80+ LP, at 10 pm I play again. I lose very little potential points and XP this way.

It also helps that I am good at the game. It is cool looking at the leader boards and see that with only putting a few dollars into the game I'm ranked highly in events. :p
That was out of around 80k I think?

Also I love rhythm games and the music is good

Ultimax will always be this thread's game. #ReachOutToThatTruth
But Woolie the Liar rejected the truth. Enjoy Xenoverse this week.
Not knowing where in the rankings I am compared to everyone else is actually driving me insane. (Something that I've seen other F2P games actually do) Like how many people are still playing this game 2 years after release? Am I THAT far behind? Like hot damn, there's no reason for me at this time to blow LGs on refilling the bar when I'm about to spend another 50 on 11 more Scouts. I'm 9 away, dammit!
I was going to take a long break from the game, but then they just had to have a Maki event.

I'll take one after it's all done.

Thinking back, I made a lot of money as a kid. I would sell trading cards like Pokemon and the like. I had a bunch, not because I played, but because I loved the artwork. If I needed to get one that was rare, I would find someone who had it, and convince them to trade it for my shittier card that for some reason was so much better than theirs. Also, as I said in previous posts, my friends paid me 10 dollars a session everytime they wanted to play a M rated game, because their parents wouldn't let them. I made some surprisingly serious bank off of all this. I need to think of something that can make me money now while I look for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom