• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the long sword in MH, but it keeps needing to be sharpened every two minutes. That's kind of annoying. :<
It's just your specific Longsword. Each weapon has a bar of various colors of sharpness and the more there is, the longer it stays sharpened.

Upgrade the one you have and sharpness usually gets way better.

demidar

Oh yeah. 3U had a lot more gathering, I thought. Mining and bugs gated a lot less of my upgrades this time. Maybe I just chose better weapon trees.
I bought it immediately after, and I think Woolie is just bad. I'll give more thoughts on it sometime.

Does MH4 have a Farm equivalent? Because then I can just toss all that shit into the farm and not have to go out looking for it.

Does MH4 have a Farm equivalent? Because then I can just toss all that shit into the farm and not have to go out looking for it.
It does, and it apparently can mulitply anything, but it's even less viable early on. Costs a ton of points (though you get them from any hunts now), and getting to where you can multiply bugs and ore? I have no idea how yet.

You can multiply bugs in 3U, but not ore.

demidar

It does, and it apparently can mulitply anything, but it's even less viable early on. Costs a ton of points (though you get them from any hunts now), and getting to where you can multiply bugs and ore? I have no idea how yet.

You can multiply bugs in 3U, but not ore.

This is making me want to buy MH4, but it's not quite there yet. I hate how I need one material from a monster, and I have to kill it 4 times just to get it because I have shit luck.

So, maybe perhaps due to the SBFP playthrough of Mario RPG, I decided I'd finally play Final Fantasy VI, round out my experiences of the 'big' 2d rpgs of the snes...

But, I got to say, for all the hype and stuff about this game I've heard over the years... I don't think anyone let me in on how fucking silly this game is. It's total clown shoes right now. [I'm at the party split, playing through Sabin's path]
So far, I've seen Liam Senpai in octopus form, a ninja dog launching himself through the sky at grasshoppers, a crazy person trying to make me fix his house, the joke " 'Wait' he says? What am I, a waiter?" uttered not once but twice, mech riding shenanigans, and a daring escape from the underworld by fighting ghost trains. And a badass suicide dive into a super waterfall for no discernable reason.
Top that off with meeting Gau, whom Sabin had a jumping contest with before inducting him into the clown shoes brigade he seems to be building... and who I might add had a chibi kappa explain his skills with an old western showtunes jingle for ambiance.
This game is goofy as fuck.
It's not bad tho....

SMTxFE. This year we hear about it.
I severely dislike the rock, paper, scissors mechanics from FE tho. I way prefer the movement and crit buffs in exchange for SP and HP from DeSu, but I guess we won't know what they will be using until they give us more info. I hope they only go mainline tho. There are too many cooks in the spinoffs.

I don't wanna get good at specific unit placements...

I severely dislike the rock, paper, scissors mechanics from FE tho. I way prefer the movement and crit buffs in exchange for SP and HP from DeSu, but I guess we won't know what they will be using until they give us more info. I hope they only go mainline tho. There are too many cooks in the spinoffs.

Yu Narukami x Lucina would be true OTP

Yes I know Persona is no longer apart of SMT

I don't wanna get good at specific unit placements...
I've never touched DeSu and I disliked FE:Awakening, but I'd want everyone in the main cast of the mainline games, and then that leaves a good portion to fill out with a odd assortment of spinoff characters. Just a couple from here or there. Some DDS/P1/P2 cast would be like yooooo

I've never touched DeSu and I disliked FE:Awakening, but I'd want everyone in the main cast of the mainline games, and then that leaves a good portion to fill out with a odd assortment of spinoff characters. Just a couple from here or there. Some DDS/P1/P2 cast would be like yooooo

Lisa Silverman x Lucina?

Okay I will stahp

But the SMT is no longer in the title.

In Japan it never was.
But everything MegaTen is canon within MegaTen

I NEED ME SOME FUCKING SERPH, HEAT, ARGILLA, GALE, CIELO, ROLAND. ALL IN ME RIGHT NOW.

Also Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV pls

Yeah, but I don't want it to go to shit like Project X Zone etc. FE already has a huge amount of people, I'd like SMT side to be more focused.

I'm actually mostly worried that Korumaru will outshine Pascal...
Is Mario still a spin off of donkey kong?
Wasn't there a Mario game that predates Donkey Kong?

Yeah, but I don't want it to go to shit like Project X Zone etc. FE already has a huge amount of people, I'd like SMT side to be more focused.

Oh jeez. I'm worried about that now if the Persona cast gets in...

1rPtU6c.jpg

Oh I sure as hell don't want any more than maybe 1 or maybe 2 characters from each spinoff.

Pascal is a pretty cool dog.

Wasn't there a Mario game that predates Donkey Kong?

No, infact, he wasn't even called Mario yet with Donkey Kong, he was Jumpman.

Conglaturations.
Tanks! It's a short one but I actually made myself laugh relistening to the audio. It was going to be
3 Ninjas Kick Back
but the audio was beyond bad for some reason and I didn't want to release it so I'll redo it later on.
I need to kill how many of these things to get the set? :s
Depends on how much you get after a hunt. Could be from 4-10 but that's usually the case for high rank and certainly for G Rank armors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom