• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way you worded this is a bit weird. So does it exist in any form that is just by itself besides the LR credits? If it's just in the LR credits then that's kind of neat in itself, but I doubt they planned that ahead of time, so ehhhhh.

Prelude has like a cameo thing in the LR credits. The trilogy has no "Prelude" track in any of the games aside from arrangements and "shout outs."

Skrams

Just Aerith, Cloud, Yuffie, Tifa, and a shitton of NPCs.

I get Cloud and Yuffie. I don't get Aerith or Tifa at all. Aerith has a dress that I guess could look like a sweater sort of material while Tifa is just wearing a small tank top. I also think that's sort of stretching it for NPCs since they're all just lego blocks.

Prelude has like a cameo thing in the LR credits. The trilogy has no "Prelude" track in any of the games aside from arrangements and "shout outs."

Seems like Pat's rage over it is still justified. I like the idea of playing the beginning theme of something in the credits of the final game, but it still seems a bit dumb here. Now I'm wondering if any other games do this. Something like a Mass Effect reusing a piece of music from it's very beginning or title theme in the final moments. A bunch of games and shows do the thing where the final chapter is called the name of the game, but not sure about music.

Reminded of this post a friend linked me a while back when I was talking about how the final episode of Toradora being called Toradora! is the best.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Deep down inside we're all nerds aren't we?
Deep down? You don't even have to fucking dig for me.
Monster Hunter is pretty cool.
Yup. Just got to the Gore Magalalala. Rad as shit.

I get Cloud and Yuffie. I don't get Aerith or Tifa at all. Aerith has a dress that I guess could look like a sweater sort of material while Tifa is just wearing a small tank top. I also think that's sort of stretching it for NPCs since they're all just lego blocks.
Yeah, I just meant the textures were sweater-y.

Okingjrr

I'm curious, what's the first character action game you've played? For me, it was DMC4. The reason is because I was too young to appreciate the older games. I loved it, I ended up playing the originals, and now character action is my favorite type of game.
A little late, reading the backlog at work takes a little time. My first character action game was Ninja Gaiden Black. I never finished it cause it was too hard for my babee brain to comprehend.

So is Guy actually going to be on the podcast or was all that just made up? If he is appearing:

JSeEaOK.gif

I really should play Silent Hill 2. I'd probably enjoy it. Hell, my PS2 is actually set up currently...

I should get the Platinum version right? Also is the PAL conversation any good? I can imagine it's 50Hz but I swear Konami was pretty good at PAL conversations back in the day.

Wait I hate horror, oh jeez oh man

Edit because cba to new post. Started the next manga that was on the list. The concept alone is interesting to me. I love me some sci-fi fantasy shit.

Yo, I just found out White Night comes out March 3. For those who don't know, it's a black and white, noir survival horror game. It looks really fucking cool, you should check it out.

Archgan

Thread Catch-up
I had to hide doom from my parents. They never found out
I remember my dad actually showed me doom when I was 10 or 11 or something. I remember thinking, "Get out of here with your old man games, Old Man." Thinking about it now, it was weird that he even knew what it was because he was 33 when it came out.
Fuck Calculus

That is all.
Is Calculus 1 the same thing as Calculus AB? Because I'm currently halfway through that class and it's not that bad. Also, is Calculus 2 way harder than 1?

How is it i beats ff7 but i don't remember a goddamn thing about it? It's so weird. The only thing i know for a fact is that the final fight is a letdown. Everything else is kike I've never touched this before.

Emouse

Yo, I just found out White Night comes out March 3. For those who don't know, it's a black and white, noir survival horror game. It looks really fucking cool, you should check it out.

Yoooo I remember you saying about this game before, looks great and that's like next week! Pretty hype!

Mathaou

legacy of cane
How is it i beats ff7 but i don't remember a goddamn thing about it? It's so weird. The only thing i know for a fact is that the final fight is a letdown. Everything else is kike I've never touched this before.
Thats a shame, that game is really fun. Final fight was pretty hype IMO.

I fucking love that game, so I remember tons of stuff. I've beaten it like 3 times, and yes, I forced myself to get a golden chocobo so I could get knights of the round.

Skrams

You said you didn't remember anything about SAO a day after the group watch. Maybe you just have a terrible memory. I have a pretty selective memory and I also don't remember a lot of FF7 despite last playing it completely about 8 years ago. I remember locations, but not necessarily the dialogue or story. Just bits and pieces.

Is this not the final boss fight?
Sephiroth_Final_BossFFVII.png

Omnislashing him in pure blackness was a letdown? Did you have counter materia on or some shit?

You said you didn't remember anything about SAO a day after the group watch. Maybe you just have a terrible memory. I have a pretty selective memory and I also don't remember a lot of FF7 despite last playing it completely about 8 years ago. I remember locations, but not necessarily the dialogue or story. Just bits and pieces.
Maybe i do. But i remembered most of ff6 before i replayed it. That's what i think is really weird.

That's what it was! I beat him with a counter! So damn lame.

demidar

The JENOVA music track is the most memorable thing about the game to me. It just hits you in the face and it's unlike any other tracks in the game prior.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Maybe i do. But i remembered most of ff6 before i replayed it. That's what i think is really weird.

That's what it was! I beat him with a counter! So damn lame.

Jesus, man. Why did you have counter on Cloud in the first place? Yuffie is the best option for counter because of her range and overall attack.

Ilvocare

Morning everyone! I woke up today to my back stabbing me in the back, the traitorous fuck! Now moving hurts! Yay!

What's on the thread docket (I guess) today?

Oberon

Banned
Needless has to have the most panty shot per second of any anime. And ep 13 must have had a budget increase, since they seem way more fluid now.
Arclight is the only one here who has seen it right?

Ilvocare

Where do I get mine? I'm in need of laundry.

Btw, how many frienders own Xbones? I know Emouse does and MissesBull, I think.
When's KI friender matches?

Woolie was the laundry man! He does good work!

I actually do not personally own a single Microsoft product. I played Bayo 1 off of my older bro's 360 the first time, and then played it again on the Wii U.

I was wondering where that source of pure unpierceable darkness was coming from on my front doorstep! Laundry sure is crazy, huh?
Where is this joke even going it's already crashed and burned oh man

I am going to need these guys to play the ff15 demo when it comes out

If they don't do it exactly like the Revengence demo then this channel will have utterly and irredeemably failed.

demidar

That's something i really like about ff7. The music is phenomenal. I think most of it is some of the best in the series.

All the PSX FF have a few really good tracks. I think 8's best is Man with the Machine Gun (just gets you fucking pumped), and 9's overworld theme is very nostalgic-sounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom