• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

beinfilms

Ok, guys, I've decided that tonight is the night that I finally go ahead and watch the Japanese animes. (Or at least one of them: Cowboy Bebop.) So the question I need answered is, should I watch it subbed or dubbed?

Xiraiya

Ok, guys, I've decided that tonight is the night that I finally go ahead and watch the Japanese animes. (Or at least one of them: Cowboy Bebop.) So the question I need answered is, should I watch it subbed or dubbed?

With Bebop I don't think you can really go wrong, I don't remember it being particularly bad dubbed.

You should watch Trigun if you're looking for that kind of old anime.

lol'd

I agree in a similar sense though. People I've met online are more of a family to me than my blood family are. Not that my blood family are awful people or anything, but just extremely closed minded and ignorant.
inb4 my blood relation threw holy water on me because Paganism is worshiping the Devil.

Bebop..dubbed.

image.php

Neol

Usually the rule of thumb is always watch with subs but Bebop is an exception.

Watch it dubbed and enjoy Steve Blum's glorious voice.

I just got back from Gamestop. I picked up New Vegas. I also got Last Round. I didn't know that came out. This'll be the first time I play a Dead or Alive game.

With that attitude, have fun with an unfufilling life.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass but if you're not willing to make a change because "I can't" then it's just how it is.
No I literally cant, I have no money, I dont have a job, and my finanical aid is dependant on me living at home, im looking for a job so I dont have to deal with his shit and I can just give my mom half my paycheck, but no one will hire me.

No I literally cant, I have no money, I dont have a job, and my finanical aid is dependant on me living at home, im looking for a job so I dont have to deal with his shit and I can just give my mom half my paycheck, but no one will hire me.

So find something you can do from home if you're not able to get out and work towards making a career out of it.

It's not going to change overnight but the longer you put it off, the longer and more impossible it will seem.

I can see why people hate America.
I remember playing Persona 4 like ~2-3 years ago and my mom asking "What is this cult music", the Nocturne box art freaked her out when she opened my mail.

Me playing a game called "Dark Souls" in like 2010 took some justification from me,

I'm lucky to have a super nice family who let's things be, though. I can do whatever, especially now that I'm basically an adult, and my dad is more "normal."

Ignorance is global. There's just an abundance in certain places.

That's true, but there seems to be an abundance of it in America.
I remember playing Persona 4 like ~2-3 years ago and my mom asking "What is this cult music", the Nocturne box art freaked her out when she opened my mail.

Me playing a game called "Dark Souls" in like 2010 took some justification from me,

I'm lucky to have a super nice family who let's things be, though. I can do whatever, especially now that I'm basically an adult, and my dad is more "normal."
My parents are far from normal, but they are more understanding then the rest of my family, at least to the point where I can stand to be around them for more then 10 minutes.

Unless politics are involved..then I just leave.

Me playing a game called "Dark Souls" took some justification from me,

The only thing not allowed in my house were Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive.

My mother was not okay with overly sexualized women in video games.

Did not give a damn how violent anything was.

So find something you can do from home if you're not able to get out and work towards making a career out of it.

It's not going to change overnight but the longer you put it off, the longer and more impossible it will seem.
You dont understand NO ONE WILL HIRE ME, IVE APPLIED TO PLACES BUT NO ONE WILL HIRE ME.

My mom wouldn't let me play Devil May Cry 3 and 4 when I was younger because it had the word "Devil" in its title. Yup
Ohhh, yeah that was me too. She looked at me weird seeing the HD collection literally last year.
The only thing not allowed in my house were Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive.
My mother was not okay with overly sexualized women in video games.
Did not give a damn how violent anything was.
Sex is bad.

Upbeat, jazzy tunes about reaching out to the truth are very similar to cult anthems, I guess?

I'm guessing you had a very bad experience with supah glue
I've used it a lot and it would always somehow end up on my fingers, and you can't just wash or peel it off like normal white glue. It's super annoying when you just want to get rid of it.
My family thought I was a Satanist when I wore my FMA shirt with an alchemy circle on it.

I can understand that. I wore my Attack on Titan shirt to church once, and someone thought I had a "demon" on my shirt.

Wow thank god I never had to deal with that shit.
No puns just an expression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom