• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but you're not the only person viewing the FNFs.

I went out and grabbed Tatsunoki v Capcom because of how much fun the game looked to play.

But to each their own.
What's the difference though? If someone sees hype shit, they'll check out the game for themselves like you. If someone isn't interested in the game then it's whatever.
Don't you love giant rosters? Who all have the same recycled moves? Isn't it great?
IT'S AWESOME

Hey people, what's going on in the new world of the Best Friends (TM) intellectual property?

Came back from work.

It's office work.

Literally nothing more interesting to say about it.

Guy Cihi is shilling the Best Friends, and he thinks Liam is more important then Woolie apparently.
What's the difference though? If someone sees hype shit, they'll check out the game for themselves like you. If someone isn't interested in the game then it's whatever.

IT'S AWESOME
With such memorable characters such as..Mocap, Hsu Hao, and we can't forget..Ashrah..

Hey people, what's going on in the new world of the Best Friends (TM) intellectual property?

Came back from work.

It's office work.

Literally nothing more interesting to say about it.

I got a thing in the mail. Should probably do homework now but I think I'll do something else.

Franchise
there's no point to this btw

Alfebit

Banned
Hes always lieing to my mom and me and im always having to bail him out if we dont have enough money. Ive had to pawn my PS3 and 2DS on multiple occasions cause hes incompetent.

Sounds like an asshole. Don't pay bail.

Edit: oh you mean money for bills. I assumed he got arrested.

Let em rot.
I second this.
Family are people who treat you well and actually care.
Just because you're blood related doesn't mean shit.
PS2 era Mortal Kombat was rad when I was like 7. Probably the first M rated games I played.
First M rated game I played was RE Directors Cut, and the very first GTA..it was awful.
Don't forget Meat!

I actually kind like meat..just a corpse doing sick suplexes to people.

Alfredo

Here's my biggest gripe with the Mario RPG LP: they act like they're smarter than the game so they don't bother to learn or experiment with it.

The most prominent example: it took them, like, 9 episodes to even find out you could run in the game.

They're also coming into the game with all these biases that's influencing how they play the game. "Oh, Geno is the best character! He's so good! *Geno dies all the time*" and that's before they even learn about Geno Boost. Liam purposefully avoided buying one of Mario's weapons and trying it out because he thought he was going to get the Lazy Shell.

One of the main reasons I enjoy blind LPs is getting people's reactions from the game. Reading the dialogue in this game so many years later, I feel like Super Mario RPG is one of the few games that gets video game comedy right, but they keep skipping and ignoring the dialogue and everything else. Maybe I'm wrong and it's not that funny, but they won't even comment on the game's writing, either good or bad. I was honestly expecting them to comment on Valentina's boob jiggle or the fact that Magikoopa summons "Bahamutt" to attack Mario, but there was nothing. Either they didn't notice or, for some reason, didn't feel like pointing it out.

Now I'm pretty much only watching the LP just to see if their negligence will EVER get them Game Over, which I feel like will only be the Culex fight, and even then, maybe they'll still luck out of that one.

Ilvocare

Guy Cihi is shilling the Best Friends, and he thinks Liam is more important then Woolie apparently.

As evidenced by the trademark, I figured this out. Also I don't see the problem in priority here?

kidding

I got a thing in the mail. Should probably do homework now but I think I'll do something else.

Franchise
there's no point to this btw

This is what the community has been waiting for. That Best Friends OC fighting game will be coming out in, like 2014 at this rate!

That's not a typo.

PS2 era Mortal Kombat was rad when I was like 7. Probably the first M rated games I played.

I remember playing an assload of Deadly Alliance, and those 80% combos Pat was shittalking in the SMS video were the reason that my older brother STILL thinks Deadly Alliance was one of the best fighting games we owned next to Smash.

Meanwhile he proceeds to ignore all 2D fighters...

croten

177.jpg

wYtgeHU.png

Ants

I randomly ran into someone else IRL who is a fan of SBF and found out he's the guy who made the Michael Cera as Jotaro image and just totally marked out when they mentioned it on the podcast.

You guys are cool, Zaibatsu.

As evidenced by the trademark, I figured this out. Also I don't see the problem in priority here?

kidding

This is what the community has been waiting for. That Best Friends OC fighting game will be coming out in, like 2014 at this rate!

That's not a typo.

I remember playing an assload of Deadly Alliance, and those 80% combos Pat was shittalking in the SMS video were the reason that my older brother STILL thinks Deadly Alliance was one of the best fighting games we owned next to Smash.

Meanwhile he proceeds to ignore all 2D fighters...
Liam went from being a Jobber to the Cruiserweight Champion.

360pages

Here's my biggest gripe with the Mario RPG LP: they act like they're smarter than the game so they don't bother to learn or experiment with it.

The most prominent example: it took them, like, 9 episodes to even find out you could run in the game.

They're also coming into the game with all these biases that's influencing how they play the game. "Oh, Geno is the best character! He's so good! *Geno dies all the time*" and that's before they even learn about Geno Boost. Liam purposefully avoided buying one of Mario's weapons and trying it out because he thought he was going to get the Lazy Shell.

One of the main reasons I enjoy blind LPs is getting people's reactions from the game. Reading the dialogue in this game so many years later, I feel like Super Mario RPG is one of the few games that gets video game comedy right, but they keep skipping and ignoring the dialogue and everything else. Maybe I'm wrong and it's not that funny, but they won't even comment on the game's writing, either good or bad. I was honestly expecting them to comment on Valentina's boob jiggle or the fact that Magikoopa summons "Bahamutt" to attack Mario, but there was nothing. Either they didn't notice or, for some reason, didn't feel like pointing it out.

Now I'm pretty much only watching the LP just to see if their negligence will EVER get them Game Over, which I feel like will only be the Culex fight, and even then, maybe they'll still luck out of that one.

It's a weird LP that kind of loses steam in some areas. But I do think it's up there right next to silent hill.

Anyone played Tales of Hearts R? I don't know whether I should get it on the Vita or not during the sale. I've never played any Tales games before, either.

It was my first Tales game and I liked it. It is almost an action RPG. The combat is really simple but I found the characters were fun and it played well.

Ilvocare

They're not necessarily wrong when they say Geno is the best. It's just that due to surprisingly poor optimization Geno is merely ok to decent. Also whatever accessory Geno has on is god-tier because they're literally never taking Magic damage on him.

If watching the Retsupurae Sonic 06 LP is teaching me anything, it's that some people, after having played video games long enough, are CONVINCED they know conventions across the board. This, combined with the effort of entertaining an audience, causes them to miss the trees for the forest. Also Pat and Liam have commented on a sizable amount of things in the game. I guess the issue is that they're stuggling to balance their attention between themselves and the game.
pretty sure they did commentate on Valentina's bust at one point

Liam went from being a Jobber to the Cruiserweight Champion.

So in other words, he's doing his job as his denoted profession of the Rising Superstar dictates.

They're not necessarily wrong when they say Geno is the best. It's just that due to surprisingly poor optimization Geno is merely ok to decent. Also whatever accessory Geno has on is god-tier because they're literally never taking Magic damage on him.

If watching the Retsupurae Sonic 06 LP is teaching me anything, it's that some people, after having played video games long enough, are CONVINCED they know conventions across the board. This, combined with the effort of entertaining an audience, causes them to miss the trees for the forest. Also Pat and Liam have commented on a sizable amount of things in the game. I guess the issue is that they're stuggling to balance their attention between themselves and the game.
pretty sure they did commentate on Valentina's bust at one point

So in other words, he's doing his job as his denoted profession of the Rising Superstar dictates.
Basically, soon he'll have his own Fruity Pebbles advertisement!

Xiraiya

I cant, my mom did nothing wrong and we need the money and I hate not being able to help and thats why I need a job.
I just can't even fathom dealing with that much of a fuckup for that long, blows my mind.

At some point you just have to drop people like that out of your life, if they don't like it, then well they shouldn't be a fuckup, it's very simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom