• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people really hate rape funnily enough
Which is fine, I hate it too, but does that mean she dismisses every form of media including the subject like books and movies as trash as well? Not every instance of rape in Berserk is necessary but there is some that is crucial to the plot.

There is more to the series and i'm salt is all

beinfilms

I haven't messed around with the straps enough to know if it can be not a backpack. I'm fine if the only configuration is a backpack-like thing, but I'll need to see if it just be a over the shoulder bag to my side as well. Also it's $66 with shipping on ThinkGeek. It's not a great price, but I had a gift card. Practically everything on there looked like shit to me besides the bag and they were selling the Nendoroid Wind Waker Link for $50. Both were out of stock though. The bag only came back into stock a few days ago.

I actually really recommend the message bag approach. (With the strap across your body.) I've been using one since the beginning of last semester, and I really like it (its really convenient to use!) It does make having a hood kind of annoying, though.

Zenfalcia

Told me she watched inuyasha, but she was fed up with that series bullshit. So I also recommended ranma 1/2. She's also watched most of hellsing ultimate. I say the old times animation thing because some people are turned off by that certain style of animation. I have a really hard time watching old gundam episodes now.
I see. She also doesn't like the older animations, or is she okay with them?
Well shit. I guess we have to fight and then you will kill me but then it doesn't matter and I kill you anyways. Later we can talk in the afterlife and form a temporary alliance if that is ok with you.

What the hell was her argument against Berserk?
Yes, that is fine with me. Also, here's a seed for you to "plant". ;)
I didn't really have to present it, I just asked them if they knew berserk. And one of the two said is she calls that a trash serie because it's about a guy who gets stronger and slashes through people and it's really gory. I tried to explain that it's not like that, but it was no use.
One of girls even asked "I have heard there was a sex scene in it"
But since they were obviously not interested in the slightest I just answered "Not much, it's mostly rape tho"
Sounds like they didn't get very far or even got to the golden age. Oh well. Looks like they don't even care about the series.

You can be every job with 1 character and can freely switch between them. That armor can't be used with anything other than Lancer though. Also there won't be a huge greatsword job until the Heavensward expansion.

I'm not a greatsword kind of guy anyway. I like dex weapons more than anything.

Even an archer has to play lancer to level 34 eventually for cross class skills.

Hm. I guess if I had a second choice of class I'd probably go Lancer. I barely know shit about this game.

Make it a crossbow

Make him respec
I don't know anything about FF14 I let my subscription run out without booting it

No.

Also, I figured I might as well use it now because its a month subscription that comes with the game (I think) and by the time March 24th rolls around FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE.

croten

Which is fine, I hate it too, but does that mean she dismisses every form of media including the subject like books and movies as trash as well? Not every instance of rape in Berserk is necessary but there is some that is crucial to the plot.
I agree but I can't blame someone if they have severe issues with it

semisonic

Banned
Fiction is fiction to me, as long as it serves a purpose in the story

Yeah, i feel the same.
It's just its presence as an artificial stakes-raiser that's really terrible.
Like in SAO season 2.
You guys remember that?
Remember when dio was a creepy rapist and kirito had to save asuna from rape?
I do.
Fuck that show.

Berserk is the best tho. Easily top 3 favorite manga

Oberon

Banned
That's not how you sell something.

I don't sell to poeple who aren't willing to buy

If I was behind you and heard that, I would have burst out laughing. Then friendship would ensue.

It wasn't even ment as a joke, I said it with a straight face.

Fiction is fiction to me, as long as it serves a purpose in the story

image.php

I see. She also doesn't like the older animations, or is she okay with them?

Yes, that is fine with me. Also, here's a seed for you to "plant". ;)

Sounds like they didn't get very far or even got to the golden age. Oh well. Looks like they don't even care about the series.

They went as fas as "haven't even watch it"

Yeah, i feel the same.
It's just its presence as an artificial stakes-raiser that's really terrible.
Like in SAO season 2.
You guys remember that?
Remember when dio was a creepy rapist and kirito had to save asuna from rape?
I do.
Fuck that show.

Berserk is the best tho. Easily top 3 favorite manga

One of the girl told me that arc 2 of SAO was bad. Her reasons were tentacles and Incest ( it was before I watched it)
Now I know that I was hyped for nothing...

Zenfalcia

They went as fas as "haven't even watch it"

One of the girl told me that arc 2 of SAO was bad. Her reasons were tentacles and Incest ( it was before I watched it)
Now I know that I was hyped for nothing...
So, they're talking about the manga? or the anime? or movie?!!?

... What? You know some weird girls with bad tastes.
Edit: shameless dp

Skrams

I actually really recommend the message bag approach. (With the strap across your body.) I've been using one since the beginning of last semester, and I really like it (its really convenient to use!) It does make having a hood kind of annoying, though.

I plan to do that, but I just like having the option. I vastly prefer the backpack motif to a thing digging into my shoulder.

Diva F 2nd is seriously kicking my ass with a few of these nasty technical zones. Like damn.

I love the new songs though.

YEAH GURL, MIKU HYPE

F 2nd is way harder than the first on Normal difficulty too. Its normal is somewhere in between the normal and hard of the first game. It leans more towards hard too. I still feel weird that I beat all of hard mode in that game on day one sort of, but eh. I really need to go back. I have a Miku hankering something bad.

Told me she watched inuyasha, but she was fed up with that series bullshit. So I also recommended ranma 1/2. She's also watched most of hellsing ultimate. I say the old times animation thing because some people are turned off by that certain style of animation. I have a really hard time watching old gundam episodes now.

The old UC Gundams have a hard time holding up in animation. The original trilogy movie certainly helps and better to watch than the series because it cuts a lot of the filler out. I still need to work my way through Zeta though.

YEAH GURL, MIKU HYPE

F 2nd is way harder than the first on Normal difficulty too. Its normal is somewhere in between the normal and hard of the first game. It leans more towards hard too. I still feel weird that I beat all of hard mode in that game on day one sort of, but eh. I really need to go back. I have a Miku hankering something bad.
Am I crazy or are some sections' notes just horribly mistimed? Some breakdowns and stuff.

Double star notes are killing me though.

beinfilms

I plan to do that, but I just like having the option. I vastly prefer the backpack motif to a thing digging into my shoulder.

That's fair. I suppose even when I used a real backpack, I just slung it over one shoulder, so it wasn't that big a change for me.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm not a greatsword kind of guy anyway. I like dex weapons more than anything.

Hm. I guess if I had a second choice of class I'd probably go Lancer. I barely know shit about this game.

No.

Also, I figured I might as well use it now because its a month subscription that comes with the game (I think) and by the time March 24th rolls around FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE.

Each class has a subclass thing like lancer-->dragoon and pugilist-->monk. To get there you also need to have a second class leveled up to 15 I believe. It's a specific class for each one so to get monk I think you need lancer up to 15 and for dragoon I think it's marauder.

Also Jojo part 7 spoiler
the final fight against valentine was so sick! Definitely one of the best jojo final boss fights right behind Karz. Yeah end that shit with a quickdraw duel!

I don't know what you mean by emotional triggers exactly. I played the thing only a few years ago and enjoyed my time with it. I don't have much trouble playing collectathon games unless the base thing is super boring. I still need to play Banjo Tooie too.

To each their own. I can't bring myself to go back to games like Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, or DK64.

Oberon

Banned
So, they're talking about the manga? or the anime? or movie?!!?

... What? You know some weird girls with bad tastes.
Edit: shameless dp

They only talked about things they've heard about berserk ( which wasn't much and wrong on top of that)
She said that she didn't like arc 2
she thought that arc was ok

I'll take skrams advice and get those s-links up.

Just be straightforward. The way I approached the weeb girls was pretty much like this
> go sit on their table during lunch
> and say "I know that you're into anime and manga, so what do you girls watch?"

Skrams

Am I crazy or are some sections' notes just horribly mistimed? Some breakdowns and stuff.

Double star notes are killing me though.

I don't remember anything particularly bad, but I'm also not a music person so maybe I don't notice as much. If stuff feels weird you can always mess with the timing in the options menu. Also man, fuck star notes. That shit is stupid. Double Star Notes aren't that bad, but I hate the star notes on lines. It'll speed up and slow down so it feels way worse to me than if it was just notes flying in. It's only there to have a pretty picture of a fox at the end of all the lines or some bullshit too. I know I could just look out for the time ticking down on the note itself, but I still find it dumb.

That's fair. I suppose even when I used a real backpack, I just slung it over one shoulder, so it wasn't that big a change for me.

I didn't mean to make it sound as if the thing would be digging into my should since it's a strap. I meant that I felt it would be digging into my shoulder more with it hanging at my side. I think the weight distribution would make it feel not that bad if it was on my back. I also would always use one strap even when I used a regular backpack.

I'll take skrams advice and get those s-links up.

Yeahhhh Gurlllll

I don't remember anything particularly bad, but I'm also not a music person so maybe I don't notice as much. If stuff feels weird you can always mess with the timing in the options menu. Also man, fuck star notes. That shit is stupid. Double Star Notes aren't that bad, but I hate the star notes on lines. It'll speed up and slow down so it feels way worse to me than if it was just notes flying in. It's only there to have a pretty picture of a fox at the end of all the lines or some bullshit too. I know I could just look out for the time ticking down on the note itself, but I still find it dumb.
Nah it's dumb, I'm just playing those sections by ear in rhythm and mostly getting by. The star shit is just overboard. For me I just am not in the habit of using a second thumb on the touchscreen so the double star notes fuck me up as I rush to throw my other thumb on the screen.

Zenfalcia

This'll be my approach.
ippo-dempsey-roll-o.gif
Don't juggle her too hard when you dursty roll her.
They only talked about things they've heard about berserk ( which wasn't much and wrong on top of that)
She said that she didn't like arc 2
she thought that arc was ok
They didn't even bother reading it or watching it and they're already hating on it? Smh. Even if they know those things, it's better if they know the context of it.

I mean... Sure. It's okay. I guess.

Skrams

Nah it's dumb, I'm just playing those sections by ear in rhythm and mostly getting by. The star shit is just overboard. For me I just am not in the habit of using a second thumb on the touchscreen so the double star notes fuck me up as I rush to throw my other thumb on the screen.

Switch it to the stick option. That's a new feature in the Vita version. Some people love the touch screen, but I can't. Sometimes it's fine, but sometimes it's not. I'd rather take the sticks to feel like I have something closer to a button I'm hitting.

I also think it feels cooler to just waggle the sticks for stars then rub my fingers all over. I'd still prefer that shit being on the triggers though.

Switch it to the stick option. That's a new feature in the Vita version. Some people love the touch screen, but I can't. Sometimes it's fine, but sometimes it's not. I'd rather take the sticks to feel like I have something closer to a button I'm hitting.

I also think it feels cooler to just waggle the sticks for stars then rub my fingers all over. I'd still prefer that shit being on the triggers though.
YO SHIT, THAT'S A CHOICE NOW?
LAST TIME IT WAS JUST BACK PANEL OR FRONT
AW SHIT SON

I didn't really have to present it, I just asked them if they knew berserk. And one of the two said is she calls that a trash serie because it's about a guy who gets stronger and slashes through people and it's really gory. I tried to explain that it's not like that, but it was no use.
One of girls even asked "I have heard there was a sex scene in it"
But since they were obviously not interested in the slightest I just answered "Not much, it's mostly rape tho"

Well I can tell you from someone whose never read a single volume of Berserk and only saw panel shots was that it's gory and violent looking. Maybe you should tell them what's the result of that violence and gore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom