• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better be the tabi emaki

*clicks*

159.gif

Oberon

Banned
Saying "it's mostly rape tho" is a terrible way to present your argument. I agree with Croten that fiction is fiction but that makes it sound like you're saying rape is a trivial matter.

Well I can tell you from someone whose never read a single volume of Berserk and only saw panel shots was that it's gory and violent looking. Maybe you should tell them what's the result of that violence and gore.

As I said earlier, I tried to explain it. I told them that there's more to it, but at the end it wasn't their thing and they obviously didn't want to know more about it.

Skrams

Part 4 damaged my opinion of Joseph, personally

How exactly?

I actually felt kind of bad about it because he was going slightly senile. I've been in that position for with a family member so it made it all feel kind of worse even. Or did you just not like how he went from a tall, buff man in his 60s/70s to this sad, old man in so little time?

Edit-
Oh god, I forgot the cheating. Yeah, okay, that makes sense then.

Each class has a subclass thing like lancer-->dragoon and pugilist-->monk. To get there you also need to have a second class leveled up to 15 I believe. It's a specific class for each one so to get monk I think you need lancer up to 15 and for dragoon I think it's marauder.

Aria-Akari-Mizunashi.png

I think I'll just wait until the game tells me what to do.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
And i imagine that's as far as they'd go.

I don't think they hate FPSs. Most FPSs right now are straight up regurgitated, focused tested mediocrity without any ingenuity. It can get old. If something interesting hits the market, then they'd probably give it a good look, like Matt did with Wolfenstein.

I don't think they hate FPSs. Most FPSs right now are straight up regurgitated, focused tested mediocrity without any ingenuity. It can get old. If something interesting hits the market, then they'd probably give it a good look, like Matt did with Wolfenstein.

Wolfenstein is pretty much the same type of focus tasted mediocrity, albeit with a slightly more interesting premise and setting: post-WW2 had Hitler won.

I'm currently playing through it in bites, so if something changes I'll happily update.

Jman014

Wolfenstein is pretty much the same type of focus tasted mediocrity, albeit with a slightly more interesting premise and setting: post-WW2 had Hitler won.

I'm currently playing through it in bites, so if something changes I'll happily update.

I'd be down for a one off video of an arena shooter.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Feel free to. From what I've read, it's supposed to be one of the more refreshing reboots of a classic franchise, and an engaging FPS overall, especially compared to the rest of the military shooter tripe.

Feel free to. From what I've read, it's supposed to be one of the more refreshing reboots of a classic franchise, and an engaging FPS overall, especially compared to the rest of the military shooter tripe.

Comparatively, it's doing things more interesting than Call of Duty.

It's certainly better than the first Wolfenstein that came out last gen, but I still love Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

I'd be down for a one off video of an arena shooter.

WHEN'S UT?!? They can make fun of CliffyB as much as they want.

Wolfenstein feels really good to shoot in, has great level design, and feels less streamlined than the rest of the consolized shooters, but it still feels like they tried to keep too much modern garbage in the game.

Oh, and the sound mixing is atrocious.

Jman014

Comparatively, it's doing things more interesting than Call of Duty.

It's certainly better than the first Wolfenstein that came out last gen, but I still love Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

WHEN'S UT?!? They can make fun of CliffyB as much as they want.

The only ones in development that I'm aware of are UT, Toxikk and Reflex.

RIP NEXUIZ

Wolfenstein feels really good to shoot in, has great level design, and feels less streamlined than the rest of the consolized shooters, but it still feels like they tried to keep too much modern garbage in the game.

I'm not one for noticing bad sound mixing, but yeah he's right. Bangs and shooting pop off and you get confused where you hear them coming from. It's disorienting.

sjay1994

Man, fuck the Canadian Dollar.

Video game prices are going up to 74.99 for a new game.

And with tax thats 85 bucks for a new game....

Fuck

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh yeah, started up monhun for a bit. Those cutscenes are gorgeous. And the guildmarm calls me doodle. That's adorable.

Guildmarm is the best.

Good to know. I know it doesn't completely eliminate the more contrived mechanics and setpieces of current FPSs, but I had heard that the gunplay itself felt solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom