• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop trying to make me read Berserk when I'm trying to play FF14
You better make your character Guts
1ysLLC7.png

Oberon

Banned
Stop trying to make me read Berserk when I'm trying to play FF14

I remember back in my younger days when I couldn't grow a beard.

I haven't shaved for like a week and a half ( out of laziness), and it's already getting itchy
I don't consider growing any facial hair as long as I am in highschool tho

;-;

I don't know how old you are so this holds no relevance.

I came out of the womb a child with facial hair.

I have a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow.

I was a super babby until like halfway through high school. Then puberty finally hit and my voice got deeper.

You better make your character Guts

But I have a bow :(

I haven't shaved for like a week and a half ( out of laziness), and it's already getting itchy
I don't consider growing any facial hair as long as I am in highschool tho

Nah do it, the ladies will love it.

Alfebit

Banned
Make it a crossbow

Make him respec
I don't know anything about FF14 I let my subscription run out without booting it

You can be every job with 1 character and can freely switch between them. That armor can't be used with anything other than Lancer though. Also there won't be a huge greatsword job until the Heavensward expansion.

You can be every job with 1 character and can freely switch between them. That armor can't be used with anything other than Lancer though. Also there won't be a huge greatsword job until the Heavensward expansion.
At least I know when to resub
and then proceed to forget about it again

Shackzam

Had a surprising conversation with this cute girl about sword art. She didn't watch all of the first season, but I gave her the sandwich-chan spoilers. She'll watch it now to just to see how bad it gets. We also talked about bloody animes and I got the stupidest look on my face when she said she hasn't watched berserk. Instantly recommended it, she in-turn, recommended fate stay night, which I still haven't seen. This boring class just got better.

Had a surprising conversation with this cute girl about sword art. She didn't watch all of the first season, but I gave her the sandwich-chan spoilers. She'll watch it now to just to see how bad it gets. We also talked about bloody animes and I got the stupidest look on my face when she said she hasn't watched berserk. Instantly recommended it, she in-turn, recommended fate stay night, which I still haven't seen. This boring class just got better.
That's pretty cool.

Alfebit

Banned
Even an archer has to play lancer to level 34 eventually for cross class skills.

Oh yeah, I forgot about cross class skills. I started with lancer but switched to pugilist around level 30 and I've main'd that since.

Get in that ass, Larry.

Did you tell her to watch Ippo?

Zenfalcia

so... She jumped in at season 2? What? Did you tell her to watch the movies or series?
Aww yeah I got pho for days.
Pho is nice.

Skrams

Well when you're a kid, those emotional triggers are pretty damn strong.

I don't know what you mean by emotional triggers exactly. I played the thing only a few years ago and enjoyed my time with it. I don't have much trouble playing collectathon games unless the base thing is super boring. I still need to play Banjo Tooie too.

Get in that ass, Larry.

I was going to say get in der, but this covered it. Rack up them Social Links.

Also other bullshit. This arrived in the mail today because $25 gift card to ThinkGeek because a relative doesn't know what to give me for Christmas any more.

ef1f_portal2_aperture_messenger_bag.jpg

Also happy birthday for every person who has birthdays because there's so many birthdays so stop it.

Oberon

Banned

Conglaturation on that.
The last time I recomended Berserk to someone ( I already talked about it here), the girl called it trash. I had to calm myself to not completly freak out, since those girls where my last hope to talk about anime during my week of ban

I don't know how old I am anymore..

Me too ;-;

Speaking of deep voices. What do you guys thing about deep voices on women?

Zenfalcia

Conglaturation on that.
The last time I recomended Berserk to someone ( I already talked about it here), the girl called it trash. I had to calm myself to not completly freak out, since those girls where my last hope to talk about anime during my week of ban
How did you sell the series as? You also have horrible luck with selling series to girls.

Also other bullshit. This arrived in the mail today because $25 gift card to ThinkGeek because a relative doesn't know what to give me for Christmas any more.

ef1f_portal2_aperture_messenger_bag.jpg
My friend has that bag
and I am intensely jealous
it's pretty damn nice, though the way you wear it is pretty different.

Not yet, need to work up to that. There's to much hype to explain. Also we were talking about short anime series and I still tried to glance by ippo. She wasn't in my range for ippo, is what you could say.

Just show her some Ippo gifs and I'm sure she'll be on board.
Also happy birthday for every person who has birthdays because there's so many birthdays so stop it.

Too many birthdays will spoil the thread.

Shackzam

What else has she watched? I feel like she's super surface. But.. she's missing out on the best openning..
Told me she watched inuyasha, but she was fed up with that series bullshit. So I also recommended ranma 1/2. She's also watched most of hellsing ultimate. I say the old times animation thing because some people are turned off by that certain style of animation. I have a really hard time watching old gundam episodes now.

Yes, how did you know!?!? Now we must fight in a duel! I was planning to reveal myself on the 100th floor, but I feel like fighting now on the 75th level!
Well shit. I guess we have to fight and then you will kill me but then it doesn't matter and I kill you anyways. Later we can talk in the afterlife and form a temporary alliance if that is ok with you.
Conglaturation on that.
What the hell was her argument against Berserk?

Shackzam

Conglaturation on that.
The real beauty of berserk arrives with rape horse

Told me she watched inuyasha, but she was fed up with that series bullshit. So I also recommended ranma 1/2. She's also watched most of hellsing ultimate. I say the old times animation thing because some people are turned off by that certain style of animation. I have a really hard time watching old gundam episodes now.

How old are you talking?

I still think this looks great

Skrams

Conglaturation on that.

Did she prefer the S&M in 50 Shades of Grey opposed to Actual Berserk Series Spoilers
Griffith's torture?

My friend has that bag
and I am intensely jealous
it's pretty damn nice, though the way you wear it is pretty different.

I haven't messed around with the straps enough to know if it can be not a backpack. I'm fine if the only configuration is a backpack-like thing, but I'll need to see if it just be a over the shoulder bag to my side as well. Also it's $66 with shipping on ThinkGeek. It's not a great price, but I had a gift card. Practically everything on there looked like shit to me besides the bag and they were selling the Nendoroid Wind Waker Link for $50. Both were out of stock though. The bag only came back into stock a few days ago.

Oberon

Banned
How did you sell the series as? You also have horrible luck with selling series to girls.

I didn't really have to present it, I just asked them if they knew berserk. And one of the two said is she calls that a trash serie because it's about a guy who gets stronger and slashes through people and it's really gory. I tried to explain that it's not like that, but it was no use.
One of girls even asked "I have heard there was a sex scene in it"
But since they were obviously not interested in the slightest I just answered "Not much, it's mostly rape tho"

I haven't messed around with the straps enough to know if it can be not a backpack. I'm fine if the only configuration is a backpack-like thing, but I'll need to see if it just be a over the shoulder bag to my side as well. Also it's $66 with shipping on ThinkGeek. It's not a great price, but I had a gift card. Practically everything on there looked like shit to me besides the bag and they were selling the Nendoroid Wind Waker Link for $50. Both were out of stock though. The bag only came back into stock a few days ago.
I've wanted to buy their USB Portal Turret for the same friend who has the bag, but their shit is always out of stock.

Conglaturation on that.

That's not usually a factor for me, if she has one she has one.

croten

Well shit. I guess we have to fight and then you will kill me but then it doesn't matter and I kill you anyways. Later we can talk in the afterlife and form a temporary alliance if that is ok with you.

What the hell was her argument against Berserk?
Some people really hate rape funnily enough

Alfebit

Banned
I didn't really have to present it, I just asked them if they knew berserk. And one of the two said is she calls that a trash serie because it's about a guy who gets stronger and slashes through people and it's really gory. I tried to explain that it's not like that, but it was no use.
But since they were obviously not interested in the slightest I just answered "Not much, it's mostly rape tho"

That's not how you sell something.

Shackzam

If I was behind you and heard that, I would have burst out laughing. Then friendship would ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom