• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

Well, I've never actually seen any Dragon Ball, so I shouldn't be too helpful there.
tumblr_n23a486LsZ1sycuvlo2_r1_500.gif

Xiraiya

Goku is da bess according to everyone, Gohan was da bess then became garbage...something something collect the dragon balls..something something save the Earth..something something aliens and cyborgs..the end.

Then at some point, Hijikata needs cigarettes because smoking is banned, and he goes to Namek to fight Breeza so he can summon a dragon to give him smokes.

And that fight happens in a span of 2 minutes over 30 episodes.

Then at some point, Hijikata needs cigarettes because smoking is banned, and he goes to Namek to fight Breeza so he can summon a dragon to give him smokes.

And that fight happens in a span of 2 minutes over 30 episodes.

...I'm gonna go watch Gintama after I finish Winter Brawl.

Xiraiya

Do you have a Gintama reference for every situation?
Gintama is relevant in every situation.

...I'm gonna go watch Gintama after I finish Winter Brawl.
tumblr_n8aopy6bMz1sycuvlo2_500.gif

You should, when it comes to old series like Dragonball, Gintama is way too aware of the jokes that people make about them, like TFS tier. Krillin always dying, Yamcha being completely fucking useless AND irrelevant (To the point of one character calling another character "The Yamcha of the series" to explain how pointless they are)

Gintama is relevant in every situation.

tumblr_n8aopy6bMz1sycuvlo2_500.gif

You should, when it comes to old series like Dragonball, Gintama is way too aware of the jokes that people make about them, like TFS tier. Krillin always dying, Yamcha being completely fucking useless AND irrelevant (To the point of one character calling another character "The Yamcha of the series" to explain how pointless they are)

Yeah I love Gintama for how goofy it can be but still be a really interesting show.

Xiraiya

Yeah I love Gintama for how goofy it can be but still be a really interesting show.
It is yes, most of the things I post are fairly random episodic things, I try and avoid posting much from anything actually important because shit gets pretty real and dire at times and it's the best if you don't see it coming.

Tako

Timezones bby
What would be later?

You better be ready for Ultimax too, because I am going to stab you! And you bet it will hurt!

We could still do some Skullgirls matches now If you want

oH YEAH sure Let me just pull out my ps4 controller here at work and play some SG

It is yes, most of the things I post are fairly random episodic things, I try and avoid posting much from anything actually important because shit gets pretty real and dire at times and it's the best if you don't see it coming.

Yeah I've seen a few episodes where shit does get really serious really quickly. The goofiness of the show makes it way more serious too since it's not that common.

Xiraiya

Yeah I've seen a few episodes where shit does get really serious really quickly. The goofiness of the show makes it way more serious too since it's not that common.

Even though the Gintamaverse is one of the least believable things ever, the weird mix of goofyness mixed in with things going really bad or getting really emotional sometimes makes a lot of the characters more believable in my opinion

Even though the Gintamaverse is one of the least believable things ever, the weird mix of goofyness mixed in with things going really bad or getting really emotional sometimes makes a lot of the characters more believable in my opinion

Yeah because you don't expect anything to happen because of the show's goofy nature so when it does get serious it hits hard and effectively.

Xiraiya

Speaking of Gintama, the episode I just watched was just Speed. Keep going and don't blow up. Gintama is pretty good.

Really? What else happened in the episode, I honestly don't remember a speed parody but I feel like there are references to the actors I vaguely remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom