• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

If i wanted dialouge id play a Visual Novel or read a book, i'm playing a game and i wanna do something that makes me think more than "who do i have to talk to next."

Oh you'd wanna avoid things like Divinity Original Sin and Shadowrun, then. Lots of reading in those games, but personally I like reading about worlds that I find interesting. It's why I keep going back to those Warhammer 40K Wikis and know so much about the universe. I mean I don't know everything since I haven't read a single 40K book but I know about things like the Thunder Warriors and the Unification Wars, which aren't covered in games like Dawn of War 2 Retribution. Fuck I gotta check if Audible has 40k audio books.

Oh you'd wanna avoid things like Divinity Original Sin and Shadowrun, then. Lots of reading in those games, but personally I like reading about worlds that I find interesting. It's why I keep going back to those Warhammer 40K Wikis and know so much about the universe. I mean I don't know everything since I haven't read a single 40K book but I know about things like the Thunder Warriors and the Unification Wars, which aren't covered in games like Dawn of War 2 Retribution.

What? VNs can have game elements, yeah?

I'm fine with reading, hell Layton has a shit load of reading too, though the inclusion of Voice Acting helps, but it has enough game for me to enjoy, and i've played VNs before and enjoyed them, but PW has just enough game sections to make me sad and upset that theyre so far between.

Oberon

Banned
Code:
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10835056_10153131802572392_1875788004844374890_o.jpg[/IMG]

Dat Buu-ty

cody-damage.gif

Zenfalcia

I'm fine with reading, hell Layton has a shit load of reading too, though the inclusion of Voice Acting helps, but it has enough game for me to enjoy, and i've played VNs before and enjoyed them, but PW has just enough game sections to make me sad and upset that theyre so far between.
Those game sections aren't enough to make you power through the investigation elements? If you ever get to the second game, they add an element to investigating to add some gameplay element, if that matters. Although the 2nd game is arguably the worst of the series.

joe2187

Banned
Man, i really really really really hate dealing with the court and legal shit. All this bureaucratic bullshit is a waste of time and effort.

Ants

It's weird because I actually prefer AA games to 999 (but not VLR) because of their more interactive element. By having all the evidence presenting, it forces the player to be actively engaged, and they can as a result use more convoluted and involved stories, since the player is mentally there in lockstep, guaranteed, and also comes to the conclusions on their own.

semisonic

Banned
I'm terrible at both, and don't have a Wii or GameCube here. I just play because it's there.

Well that's fine too, if a bit disappointing.
I thought I finally had a tourney buddy to play PM with...
Either way, a tourney-goer is a friend of mine. Good luck out there, nerd.

Zenfalcia

It's weird because I actually prefer AA games to 999 (but not VLR) because of their more interactive element. By having all the evidence presenting, it forces the player to be actively engaged, and they can as a result use more convoluted and involved stories, since the player is mentally there in lockstep, guaranteed, and also comes to the conclusions on their own.
Wouldn't you say 999 have more interactiveness? Since most of it is puzzle solving and then making choices afterwords.
My updated Xenoverse character
Majin Wooliette confirmed.

semisonic

Banned
Oh man this might drive me nuts
5 people in a room, and we're only running one machine?
bruh.
I get it's cool to spectate, but is this how we always do it here?

Ants

Wouldn't you say 999 have more interactiveness? Since most of it is puzzle solving and then making choices afterwords.

No, because while the puzzles are pretty involved, they're generally not ingrained into the unfolding plot like in AA. My point is that the puzzles in AA force you to keep pace with the story. It makes it impossible not to understand what's going on, while (generally) not holding your hand.

The system transfer begins. Mosnter hunter is soon also quick side not

Taking off the n3ds backplate is the most horrible thing I've ever done to an electronic device

semisonic

Banned
What a scrub, he should git gud at reading.

It's k bruh. Just have one guy commentate while the other 4 play. Oh wait. What are you even playing?

I was the Leo that just got fucking wrecked.
First time facing a ram.
Holy fuck that damage is nutzos on that crouching shit

Zenfalcia

No, because while the puzzles are pretty involved, they're generally not ingrained into the unfolding plot like in AA. My point is that the puzzles in AA force you to keep pace with the story. It makes it impossible not to understand what's going on, while (generally) not holding your hand.
Wouldn't you say there are moments where characters interact during puzzles somewhat ingrained into the plot? I agree with that sentiment, where AA has everything mean something and helps to put thoughts into words. Such as explaining the scenario/theory of the case.
I was the Leo that just got fucking wrecked.
First time facing a ram.
Holy fuck that damage is nutzos on that crouching shit
You are in the team woolie's train of thought of playing dlc boss characters? Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom