• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to go start up the ol xbone.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh Sony.
Microsoft:
SantaClaus3.jpg

Sony:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-14319-1337017100-6.gif

Emouse

Oh that explains why it took so long, I thought it was only 1.5GB when I just skipped past the accept update screen.

People who have KI add me, my gamertag is in my profile.

Yeah yeah, I'll add you at some point yo

Well him and the new ranking, new colors and retros for riptor and kan-ra as well.

Oh right right, I only saw the new ranking thing and the character, that explains it

Guys I need your opinion on something

Wright or Layton? which is better? I personally think the Layton games are much better, though i only played half of the first phionex wright but it was too much of a VN for me. I personally prefer the gameplay, settings, and characters of Professor Layton way more, I bought all 3 of the original trilogy at the same time and i fucking loved those games so much and the ending of Unwound Future is one of the best written endings ever with a legit surprising twist.

Zenfalcia

Wright or Layton? which is better? I personally think the Layton games are much better, though i only played half of the first phionex wright but it was too much of a VN for me. I personally prefer the gameplay, settings, and characters of Professor Layton way more, I bought all 3 of the original trilogy at the same time and i fucking loved those games so much and the ending of Unwound Future is one of the best written endings ever with a legit surprising twist.
You should finish Phoenix wright...

Anung

Un Rama
Code:
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10835056_10153131802572392_1875788004844374890_o.jpg[/IMG]

Dat Buu-ty

They're both good.

I... I already hate Gordeau.

Yeah nope enough UNIEL for tonight. Fighting Gordeau without having much idea what half of the stuff does is not a fun time.

beinfilms

I've never actually played a Layton game, but the Ace Attorney games are some of my favorites on any mobile device they're pretty great!

You didn't care about the writing at all or how the cases played out?

I just realized what your avatar is. Nice.
They were ok, and the characters were interesting but they werent good enough for me to keep having to slog my way through an hour of text just to get to the exciting court scene where stuff actually happens.
Layton on the other hand had varied puzzles that made me actually think out and not just simply read a sentence really well.

Gamer Y

Yeah yeah, I'll add you at some point yo

Oh right right, I only saw the new ranking thing and the character, that explains it
Need to look through the new colors, only color I want right now is the titan fulgore. Playing Aganos feels pretty good, it's nice to have the armor, didn't feel at all what I thought it would.

Okingjrr

Geez, my wifi is dogshit compared to the wired connection.
I started up the KI update while using wifi, thinking it would be moderately fast. It wasn't, the download was stuck at 1% for a little while
about a minute.
Plugged in the ethernet cable, shit went into hyper speed, now it's sitting at 65% after just 5 minutes.

It bothers me that I can't test my internet speed, seeing as though the router is in the living room and my pc is in my room. My pc is hooked up with using a Powerline AV Network Kit so it's not as fast as being hooked up directly.

Edit: And done.

Zenfalcia

They were ok, and the characters were interesting but they werent good enough for me to keep having to slog my way through an hour of text just to get to the exciting court scene where stuff actually happens.
Layton on the other hand had varied puzzles that made me actually think out and not just simply read a sentence really well.
There's more than just slogging through text, there's examining stuff, presenting stuff, and in later games they add more things to do while investigating. The investigation is there for a reason, not just to be boring.

I'm a Ace Attorney guy, I only played the first Layton game and that was it.

There's more than just slogging through text, there's examining stuff, presenting stuff, and in later games they add more things to do while investigating. The investigation is there for a reason, not just to be boring.
Well to me they were, i literally fell asleep out of boredom and couldnt enjoy myself cause i hated having to go through 5 screens to get to the area i needed to be and talk to someone and then find something maybe and then slog through 4 more screens then talk to another person.

Well to me they were, i literally fell asleep out of boredom and couldnt enjoy myself cause i hated having to go through 5 screens to get to the area i needed to be and talk to someone and then find something maybe and then slog through 4 more screens then talk to another person.
It's a story dude. You gotta like the dialogue.

It's a VN. It's a story in game form.

Zenfalcia

You really didn't like reading, huh? Shame.
If i wanted dialouge id play a Visual Novel or read a book, i'm playing a game and i wanna do something that makes me think more than "who do i have to talk to next."
Visual novels are games tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom