• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Collage is rough, and I failed one f my Math classes again, it's the only one I keep failing, but this time it was pretty bad. Since it meant I had to take a reduced Semester...not so bad right? I get to focus on my math and probably finally move past it.

Wrong. Because I took less credit my Financial Aid decided that it's not going to pay for the second half of the year. Meaning, unless something amazing happens. I either get stuck with 1000 bill this semester, or drop out. (Note, it's only his semester if I do everything right)

Collage is rough, and I failed one f my Math classes again, it's the only one I keep failing, but this time it was pretty bad. Since it meant I had to take a reduced Semester...not so bad right? I get to focus on my math and probably finally move past it.

Wrong. Because I took less credit my Financial Aid decided that it's not going to pay for the second half of the year. Meaning, unless something amazing happens. I either get stuck with 1000 bill this semester, or drop out. (Note, it's only his semester if I do everything right)

Talk to your financial advisor and school advisor. They'll figure out some way to accommodate your situation.

360pages

Probably should have asked for help or a tutor before, but I legit hate asking for help...makes me feel a bit less. Hell, it's one of the main reasons I don't usually do realgaf. Always was told that your problems are your own/ what goes on in a house stays in the house and burdening others with it makes you pathetic and no one wants to be around that kind of person.

Probably should have asked for help or a tutor before, but I legit hate asking for help...makes me feel a bit less. Hell, it's one of the main reasons I don't usually do realgaf. Always was told that your problems are your own/ what goes on in a house stays in the house and burdening others with it makes you pathetic and no one wants to be around that kind of person.
This may sound harsh, but just swallow your pride and get it done. If you keep failing by doing the same thing over and over, you gotta try something new.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Man, I wish I didn't miss out on Cowboy Bebop's amazon blu ray special edition. It's been a bitch trying to find a reasonable reseller.
I just got the regular. I looked at the special edition and am now upset I didn't get it. 200$? Thats ridiculous, I'll buy Fate/Zero blu rays with that.

Talk to your financial advisor and school advisor. They'll figure out some way to accommodate your situation.
Follow DoktorEvils advice. My friend did the same thing, she was severely depressed and as a result didn't do homework for a month. She was failing almost every class and her scholarship was almost taken away, but she talked to the principal and explained her situation and he was totally understanding.

That's bullshit man. No one is perfect and it's ok to ask for help when one needs it. It's a part of teamwork.

Were all on the same team.

Talk to an advisor. Work out a deal with the school. Then focus on math and ask the nerds in here and on GAF for help.

Shackzam

I don't like asking for help either, but if I have friends that support me then I have no problem asking for help from them. I don't like asking random tutors though. Good thing I have a lot of smart friends.

I just got the regular. I looked at the special edition and am now upset I didn't get it. 200$? Thats ridiculous, I'll buy Fate/Zero blu rays with that.

Follow DoktorEvils advice. My friend did the same thing, she was severely depressed and as a result didn't do homework for a month. She was failing almost every class and her scholarship was almost taken away, but she talked to the principal and explained her situation and he was totally understanding.

Yeah go talk to your dean of students and explain everything and they'll try and figure it out. Don't be afraid to ask for help dude, no one thinks less of someone who needs a hand every once and a while

Last class finished just early enough for me to catch the shuttle home.

Now to wait for next Best Friends video.

Also that new Strafe trailer is the fucking best.

B-K2Ow9CQAA-xA3.jpg:orig

FUCK YOU NOA

There hasn't been one moment in my life where I cared for custom faceplates/designs but this changes everything.

Why you gotta play with my emotions NOA?! Please tell me this ain't real so I can live in peace.

360pages

You all are probably right...its not like I've been flunking all my classes, only this really specific class over and over again. I just feel so weird talking about personal problems.

Neol

A lot of people hate asking for help and it sucks but sometimes you just gotta go do it. Definitively go and setup an appointment with your financial adviser and academic counselor and hopefully you'll get something good out of it.

Also don't mean to discourage you but if you failed the same class twice then you should ask yourself why am I failing? Is it the teacher? The material? Study habits? Also if your struggling really hard maybe the major you want/going for isn't really the one for you.

croten

There hasn't been one moment in my life where I cared for custom faceplates/designs but this changes everything.

Why you gotta play with my emotions NOA?! Please tell me this ain't real so I can live in peace.

It's not real.
It's totally real though

Mathaou

legacy of cane

This is a very unhealthy mentality to have. Humans are social creatures by nature, and we are designed to support each other. Opening up to people who truly care for you will not be seen as a sign of weakness. Tutors truly want to help you, so it's the same thing.

Who the hell is no one? I don't want to be around a person who looks down on those who seek help.

Xiraiya

I've always found that kind of ridiculous, if you need help you need help, it's the people who never try to help themselves that are pathetic.

During the spoilercast,
he said Kanji and Naoto were a thing
Well,
a lot of people do. Honestly kanji just likes naoto cause she does look and act rather manly. Plus, he did have feelings for her when he thought she was a man. Lotta people forget that and think he just plain likes naoto. But no, he likes male naoto. Admit it or not.
And that bugs me.

croten

Well,
a lot of people do. Honestly kanji just likes naoto cause she does look and act rather manly. Plus, he did have feelings for her when he thought she was a man. Lotta people forget that and think he just plain likes naoto. But no, he likes male naoto. Admit it or not.

The way I see it is that
he likes Naoto, male or not.

360pages

Eh...I personally actually like when people ask me for help... though I end up getting pretty nervous that I will end up messing them up. But I tend to try to avoid asking for help.

I got better with it, since a lot of my recent jobs require me to ask and reconfirm things.

croten

That's another way to look at it. I see
kanji as gay though, so I'll disagree there.
Not sayin you're wrong or anything, cause it's possible.

Why couldn't he be
Bisexual or Pansexual? It irks me that people think you can only be gay or straight

Especially at his age,
he barely knows who he is or who he likes. Naoto herself would dramatically add to that confusion.

I dont like to harp on this but
being someone who is neither gay or straight it's nice to have representation in a game and it be so relateable to what I went through hell just last year and it's why he is one of my favorite characters of all time. I'm sorry he isn't gay in the slightest he's bi or pan

Beloved

It always baffles me that when people/characters etc show clear or even implied interest in both genders, people are like BUT WAIT ARE THEY GAY OR STRAIGHT??!??!

And I'm just over here like:
tumblr_inline_nfum8jQBmA1s4cytr.gif

We have a mothafucking WORD for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom