• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

KEEP READING THO. LET YOUR INNER BERSERK RAGEEEE.

It's the most depressing thing and it's the fucking best shit ever.

Watch the 90s anime if you want a less "Holy fucking shit this is horrible" version of the Golden Age arc. Anything other than Golden Age might be too much for you though.
No im not stopping just give me something else to read in between breaks thatll cheer me the fuck up.

semisonic

Banned
Hmm.. that's true. He wouldn't need as much exp to level up, compared to other units to get to the same stats as him. So, you say you likhigh mobility? I love high mobility, just run in kill the high value targets before they can't do anything. I love it when i get such over powered characters that the enemies just run up and die.

I think I mentioned this yesterday, but I beat the final challenge dungeon of sacred stones with 3 units:
A Great Knight, a max-stats berserker, and a close-to-max stats summoner.
All with iron weapons because I spent all my money boosting their stats.
OP units are the true soul of fire emblem.
And having ones that can move fast are all the better.
That's part of the reason gale force was so busted in awakening, which I coincidentally beat primarily using a max-stats manakete Morgan, among a bunch of other units. One time I just had her run right up and one shot the final boss. Fucking hilarious.

I think it was samus, maybe?
Whatever. It was the kinda poorly drawn one with the big black eyes.
If it was the happy looking one that was Samus, that one's been my favorite so far. If it was the sad looking one that's Lisa
On mobile, can't watch. I'll assume it says what the title is
It will never be localised, just like Yakuza 5.

I'm just assuming the worst.
Understandable

Night everyone

Ah Jesus this manga is too fucking messed up, guys give me something to read thatll cheer me up.

Well at least, most of Golden Age is pretty tame in comparison to the Black Swordsman Arc, but after Golden Age, just FUCK man. Hope you're used to Berserk's sick world by then.

Puck does keep it pretty light hearted at times. And by light hearted I mean you won't want to commit suicide after every panel from depression.

Berserk is similar to the animated sketch comedy show Monkey Dust. Both have the ability to just fucking break people

Its not something you should read or watch when you are depressed.

semisonic

Banned
Well at least, most of Golden Age is pretty tame in comparison to the Black Swordsman Arc, but after Golden Age, just FUCK man. Hope you're used to Berserk's sick world by then.

Puck does keep it pretty light hearted at times. And by light hearted I mean you won't want to commit suicide after every panel from depression.

Only most panels.
God this series is so great.
I think it might be my all-time favorite.

Berserk is similar to the animated sketch comedy show Monkey Dust. Both have the ability to just fucking break people

Its not something you should read or watch when you are depressed.
I read Berserk when I was depressed. I really just love it more because of it. Fictional characters well written enough to get invested in and care about are enough to break me out of a funk anyway.
On mobile, can't watch. I'll assume it says what the title is
"peice of shit, shit" "shit, dammit"'etc

Zenfalcia

I think I mentioned this yesterday, but I beat the final challenge dungeon of sacred stones with 3 units:
A Great Knight, a max-stats berserker, and a close-to-max stats summoner.
All with iron weapons because I spent all my money boosting their stats.
OP units are the true soul of fire emblem.
And having ones that can move fast are all the better.
That's part of the reason gale force was so busted in awakening, which I coincidentally beat primarily using a max-stats manakete Morgan, among a bunch of other units. One time I just had her run right up and one shot the final boss. Fucking hilarious.
Hnng.. max stat berserker.. crits erry day. Why a summoner? Is it to use the summons to lure in enemies or tank hit? You don't need other items beside iron weapons. Screw everything else.

Gale force is soo good. It's so busted. Especially on a high mobility pegasus unit!?!? It's so broken.

semisonic

Banned
Hnng.. max stat berserker.. crits erry day. Why a summoner? Is it to use the summons to lure in enemies or tank hit? You don't need other items beside iron weapons. Screw everything else.

Gale force is soo good. It's so busted. Especially on a high mobility pegasus unit!?!? It's so broken.
I thought a summoner would be cool. It was okay, but with high enough stats still nigh-untouchable. The summoning ability kinda sucked tho.

No you make Morgan the daughter of Nah and Avatar for max stats(which I haven't actually done yet but plan to for shits and giggles and also music, because that game has a great ost), and then temporarily change her to a dark flier to get gale force, and then make her a manakete again for a flat-out invincible storm

Zenfalcia

Comedy.
if you can ecchi.
hmm.. do you like romance as a huge part of the story? Or more comedy and ecchi.
I thought a summoner would be cool. It was okay, but with high enough stats still nigh-untouchable. The summoning ability kinda sucked tho.

No you make Morgan the daughter of Nah and Avatar for max stats(which I haven't actually done yet but plan to for shits and giggles and also music, because that game has a great ost), and then temporarily change her to a dark flier to get gale force, and then make her a manakete again for a flat-out invincible storm
Summoner sounds like it should be good.. but it's not.. ;_; summoning should be amazing.. but it sucks..

I would... But Fem robin is best robin.. >_> um.. the farmer guy and nah make the best child. Like the growing stat is just amazing..

hmm.. do you like romance as a huge part of the story? Or more comedy and ecchi.

Summoner sounds like it should be good.. but it's not.. ;_; summoning should be amazing.. but it sucks..

I would... But Fem robin is best robin.. >_> um.. the farmer guy and nah make the best child. Like the growing stat is just amazing..

If youre shilling nisekoi, no, if its something else, I watched naruto the last and fucking loved it. so yes im fine with romance but i do perfer more comedy.

semisonic

Banned

No, farmer guy and nowi to make nah with the best stats, who then marries avatar for the best Morgan. Shabamzos.

Ants

I was down to make Morgan the offspring of Inigo and the Avatar, where Inigo is the offspring of Chrom and Olivia.

Dat Rightful King.

mrmyhthef

Fem Robin > Male Robin

But Fem Morgan >>>>>> Male Morgan

Zenfalcia

If youre shilling nisekoi, no, if its something else, I watched naruto the last and fucking loved it. so yes im fine with romance but i do perfer more comedy.
Lol, no not nisekoi. Do you want completed ones or ongoing.
No, farmer guy and nowi to make nah with the best stats, who then marries avatar for the best Morgan. Shabamzos.
oh.... i mistook nah as nowi.. :p Yeah, that would be pretty op...
Fem Robin > Male Robin

But Fem Morgan >>>>>> Male Morgan
Fem is best. :3

semisonic

Banned
I was down to make Morgan the offspring of Inigo and the Avatar, where Inigo is the offspring of Chrom and Olivia.

Dat Rightful King.

Bruh, Inigo?
Inigo?
What are you even doing.

Actually for my first run(Classic hard because fuck lunatic), I paired Avatar and Tiki. It was allright but convinced me manakete morgan is godlike. Which she is.
I'm kinda curious to try some of the weird combos like
Avatar Gangrel and Avatar what'sherface the evil dark flier who's maybe your sister
. Just to see the supports. I also tried
t, which was a thing
I would probably not do again.

Holy shit, Vagrant Story's opening is one of the best fucking ones ever in a game. And it's a PS1 game on top of that.

Hell, it tops MGS1's opening for me, and this one doesn't even have voice acting.

Continued watching Chip and Ironicus play through MGS2 today.
Vamp doesn't stand for vampire, it's because he's bisexual.
Fatman has soft, womanly hands and gives himself manicures all the time.
Deepthroat (Why not pick literally any other name?).
La Li Lu Le Lo (Why not pick literally anything else?).
Fortune's super over the top, super tragic six month journey into villainy.
Raiden's weird and out of place childlike innocence.
There is so much cheese and my sandwich can only hold so much.
BMaFrA1.gif

Also Rose is still one of the most terrible characters in videogame history. Just the dumbest. Ugh.

Continued watching Chip and Ironicus play through MGS2 today.
Vamp doesn't stand for vampire, it's because he's bisexual.
Fatman has soft, womanly hands and gives himself manicures all the time.
Deepthroat (Why not pick literally any other name?).
La Li Lu Le Lo (Why not pick literally anything else?).
Fortune's super over the top, super tragic six month journey into villainy.
Raiden's weird and out of place childlike innocence.
There is so much cheese and my sandwich can only hold so much.

Also Rose is still one of the most terrible characters in videogame history. Just the dumbest. Ugh.

But you didn't mention possessed arm??

croten

Zed is reading berserk? Good.
Also my internet is completely fucked up and I can't seem to connect to the internet from my computer.

Top Bottom