• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

semisonic

Banned
Man I tried so hard to level Florina into a decent character, and it never happened. Dropped her for Heath later on, now that guy was a real hard ass.

Yeah prepromos tend to worse statistically than if you manually promote your units. Prepromos are more for those who need units since all their early game characters died.

You can do it. If you put in effort, she becomes a great hit and run mage killer(she's still great for other stuff too) Probably not as good as heath or the triangle sisters from Hector's Story tho.
I just love to have as many high mobility units as possible because that's kinda the main basis of my playstyle.

semisonic

Banned
It's fine!

Who says i'm not a wise mexican man? I give the best advice too.

Only scrubs let their early game characters die and using 2nd tier is just awful.. they have awful stats! They also take forever to level up and just eat exp.

You're forgetting Marcus, who actually stay super-viable even late game, as well as characters like Pent. Don't discriminate just because someone was gotten prepromo, particularly late game.
Not quite so much as sain, but still really strong in his own right.
And I personally never let a unit die. Ever.
Did someone just die?
I didn't do good enough. Start over again.

Objection! Yes, it is super dumb. You can't judge a person based on their avatar! You have no evidence to support that claim!

HomelyGrayHawk.gif
I like the braid but IMO I don't think it looks good with the short bangs.
I do see what you mean. Honestly just Soejim's art looking way better in newer stuff helps it a lot. P3 Portraits are kinda smushed and weird.

Zenfalcia

You're forgetting Marcus, who actually stay super-viable even late game.
Not quite so much as sain, but still really strong in his own right.
And I personally never let a unit die. Ever.
Did someone just die?
I didn't do good enough. Start over again.
Even if he is viable, i can easily replace him with a better unit who can use the exp.

I also don't like units die, it's just stupid. People just need to git gud.

semisonic

Banned
Even if he is viable, i can easily replace him with a better unit who can use the exp.

No but what I mean is that his stats will even out with most of your raised units by the end of the game if you raised him too. Sain's really the only calvaryman easily better than him.
Usually that's not the case, as Jaegin and Old marcus and what have you all suck ass, but Marcus is just a prepromo unit with high stat gains regardless.
I'm not saying raise him early game.
But when everyone else is promoted anyways, he stays up there. Raise him then with the rest of them.

Whoa, it's like you're really in my head
You just wait till I buy the game- my mindgames will destroy you.
Y'know... I can't let anyone die, and I think it's part of why I hate Fire Emblem and possibly SRPGs.

I played awakening on classic and was dumbfounded on what I should be doing to do better, what I was doing wrong confused the hell out of me for like 30 hours of barely progressing.
Then I played Hard/Casual and it was for babies, I got bored.

Zenfalcia

post-4775-0-24118600-1343975084.gif

No but what I mean is that his stats will even out with most of your raised units by the end of the game if you raised him too. Sain's really the only calvaryman easily better than him.
Usually that's not the case, as Jaegin and Old marcus and what have you all suck ass, but Marcus is just a prepromo unit with high stat gains regardless.
But when everyone else is promoted anyways, he stays up there. Raise him then with the rest of them.
I dunno, if he does become useful i'll use him. Really? They're not as good?

semisonic

Banned

Is this legit?

Yeah, it's kinda unremarkable despite that.
Now your old one was a different story.

Personally I don't even really have to wonder what people think of mine because I choose them based on my personality anyways. I figure if people look at my avatar and compare it with my posts, then their impression might as well be fairly accurate anyways.

semisonic

Banned
post-4775-0-24118600-1343975084.gif

I dunno, if he does become useful i'll use him. Really? They're not as good?

It's not that the other calvarymen aren't as good, it's that their about as good. Therefore, having 2 paladins already, you might as well put your experience into a different class or unit instead. That's the advantage of a prepromo unity, they free up experience to go to other units while serving a purpose on the team.

Zenfalcia

GRIFFISUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. also guts is an asshole.
It's fine, keep reading.
Y'know... I can't let anyone die, and I think it's part of why I hate Fire Emblem and possibly SRPGs.

I played awakening on classic and was dumbfounded on what I should be doing to do better, what I was doing wrong confused the hell out of me for like 30 hours of barely progressing.
Then I played Hard/Casual and it was for babies, I got bored.
What's wrong with them not dying. You just need to git gud at strategy games, hard isn't even that hard... what chapter did you get stuck on.

You just wait till I buy the game- my mindgames will destroy you.
There's no Dragon installs in this game
Yeah, it's kinda unremarkable despite that.
Now your old one was a different story.

Personally I don't even really have to wonder what people think of mine because I choose them based on my personality anyways. I figure if people look at my avatar and compare it with my posts, then their impression might as well be fairly accurate anyways.
Which old one? I've changed a few times

mrmyhthef

Jeigans kinda died off in FE6 anyways. Since 7 we've been getting Oifeys instead.

Is this legit?

It will never be localised, just like Yakuza 5.

I'm just assuming the worst.

Zenfalcia

It's not that the other calvarymen aren't as good, it's that their about as good. Therefore, having 2 paladins already, you might as well put your experience into a different class or unit instead. That's the advantage of a prepromo unity, they free up experience to go to other units while serving a purpose on the team.
Hmm.. that's true. He wouldn't need as much exp to level up, compared to other units to get to the same stats as him. So, you say you likhigh mobility? I love high mobility, just run in kill the high value targets before they can't do anything. I love it when i get such over powered characters that the enemies just run up and die.

Ah Jesus this manga is too fucking messed up, guys give me something to read thatll cheer me up.
It's the most depressing thing and it's the fucking best shit ever.

Watch the 90s anime if you want a less "Holy fucking shit this is horrible" version of the Golden Age arc. Anything other than Golden Age might be too much for you though.

Zed is the one with bad taste
Missus Bull is le master pc race
Xiraya is the disapproving uncle
Beloved is that cool aunt

EDIT: But Jman won't watch animu....

Top Bottom