• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

semisonic

Banned
Yeah... I just lose interest for some reason.. ;_; i want to finish it.

To be fair to you, Eliwood's kinda starts out slow. Like you were starting lyn's again but without the tutorial. But it's where it goes from there, particularly after you reunite with some of your old members like Erk, that is what makes it good.
I hope you got Erk strong, btw. Because otherwise rescuing him is going to be a real pain in the dick.
There's no shame in looking up a strategy guide for how to recruit certain people, as the trial and error can be immensely frustrating depending on the person.

Wow fucking, Rajang is an asshole
FFX HD was the first time I ever played a FF game....
wasn't impressed.
Hate Spira as a world.
Type 0 looks more interesting tho.
I've only played FFIII (JP 3) and a bit of FFVI. I only touched FF13 for five minutes, and that's my extent of playing FF games.

4 and 5 and 6 are in my backlog for serious, but FFX and X-2 are ones I wanna try.

X-2 especially cause that stupid idol shit looks amazing.

Sell me on it SkLa... I highly doubt it could beat both Triple Triad and Tactics.

I'm not the guy to sell you on anything Final Fantasy. I really don't care for that series outside of like the two games I actually liked.

XIV however, has been stellar. But it kind of relies on you knowing the dumb characteristics of the series in order to really appreciate the world they crafted.

Zenfalcia

To be fair to you, Eliwood's kinda starts out slow. Like you were starting lyn's again but without the tutorial. But it's where it goes from there, particularly after you reunite with some of your old members like Erk, that is what makes it good.
I hope you got Erk strong, btw. Because otherwise rescuing him is going to be a real pain in the dick.
There's no shame in looking up a strategy guide for how to recruit certain people, as the trial and error can be immensely frustrating depending on the person.
Nah, i've finished fire emblem sacred stones before, so it's not about it being boring.. it's just i play on a computer, and just get distracted, i've done the recruiting erk back, it's not that hard when i make sure everyone gets level equally.

beinfilms

Well, I gotta get to sleep, and I probably won't be on here much at all tomorrow (turns out I have a speech to give on Wednesday that I only have a rough outline for.) So...yeah

Good night, GAF!

I'm not the guy to sell you on anything Final Fantasy. I really don't care for that series outside of like the two games I actually liked.

XIV however, has been stellar. But it kind of relies on you knowing the dumb characteristics of the series in order to really appreciate the world they crafted.
Damn... Kinda reminds me of SMT:IMAGINE with a
Demi-Fiend
boss and the iconic demons... I'll check it out eventually.

semisonic

Banned
Nah, i've finished fire emblem sacred stones before, so it's not about it being boring.. it's just i play on a computer, and just get distracted, i've done the recruiting erk back, it's not that hard when i make sure everyone gets level equally.

Oh wow. I'm impressed. Usually some characters wind up stronger one way or the other.
For me Florina always came out the best out of everyone from the prologue. Not all units are equally good or needed, so sometimes it's better to just build up some tanks and ignore the useless ones.

sjay1994

Also got Type-0 on the backlog. Have no clue when I'll actually get around to playing it though considering Bloodborne is literally a week after.

Yeah, I am probably just going to play the 15 demo, then bloodborne, then type 0 when I feel like I got my fill of bloodborne.

Damn... Kinda reminds me of SMT:IMAGINE with a
Demi-Fiend
boss and the iconic demons... I'll check it out eventually.

I think the greatest thing about Final Fantasy is its job system and how its so well implemented into stuff like Tactics and FF14. Being able to level up certain jobs with characters in order to unlock new jobs, and how each job has its own skill set and weapons is just so interesting. Its almost like playing a completely different game in some cases.

Yeah, I am probably just going to play the 15 demo, then bloodborne, then type 0 when I feel like I got my fill of bloodborne.

Same here. It'll most likely be the summer, unless Kojima finally decides to drop a damn release date or Legend of Heroes 2 comes out then.

Zenfalcia

HE JUST FUCKING ATE THEM!!!1
It's fine!!! Keep reading tho.
No seriously please never stop.
This is like watching someone else watch a car crash with their loved ones in it. It's horrible, and intensely personal, but I just can't look away.
I like it. He should keep going.
Oh wow. I'm impressed. Usually some characters wind up stronger one way or the other.
For me Florina always came out the best out of everyone from the prologue. Not all units are equally good or needed, so sometimes it's better to just build up some tanks and ignore the useless ones.
I try to plan out my strategy to also take into consideration of who I want to get the killing hit and how to gain the most exp from each enemy. I like having all my units being useful for times when i actually need them.

sjay1994

I think the greatest thing about Final Fantasy is its job system and how its so well implemented into stuff like Tactics and FF14. Being able to level up certain jobs with characters in order to unlock new jobs, and how each job has its own skill set and weapons is just so interesting. Its almost like playing a completely different game in some cases.

Same here. It'll most likely be the summer, unless Kojima finally decides to drop a damn release date or Legend of Heroes 2 comes out then.

The release date for MGSV will be announced on wednesday is pretty much guaranteed.

semisonic

Banned
It's fine!!! Keep reading tho.

I like it. He should keep going.

I try to plan out my strategy to also take into consideration of who I want to get the killing hit and how to gain the most exp from each enemy. I like having all my units being useful for times when i actually need them.

That's pretty good. Buuut...
Over time you will get better units to replace the worse ones. You won't be able to take half your units into many battles, so why bother wasting experience that could've gone to good units for both early and late game?
That's a good early game strategy. But it'll hinder your later game unless you arena grind(which ruins the balance anyways). Because you have a limited number of chapters to prepare for the late game, unlike awakening and Sacred Stones.
But everything in bold is perfect and you should keep doing that. There are some units in the game witih shitty starting stats and such incredible growth rates that if you pump them up they will just carry you.

Here's a link to a guide to getting good
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Better-in-Fire-Emblem-7

Zenfalcia

Over time you will get better units to replace the worse ones. You won't be able to take half your units into many battles, so why bother wasting experience that could've gone to good units for both early and late game?
That's a good early game strategy. But it'll hinder your later game unless you arena grind(which ruins the balance anyways). Because you have a limited number of chapters to prepare for the late game, unlike awakening and Sacred Stones.
Oh, i should mention i never use 2nd tier characters when i get them, since my 1st tier are so much better since they have so much better stat gain.

Is it shallow that Avatars actually do affect how I interpret posts? I get that it's just a dumb picture, but I always read into it and what it might say about the person.

Zenfalcia

Is it shallow that Avatars actually do affect how I interpret posts? I get that it's just a dumb picture, but I always read into it and what it might say about the person.
Objection! Yes, it is super dumb. You can't judge a person based on their avatar! You have no evidence to support that claim!

semisonic

Banned

Yes, but I do the same thing sometimes. Especially when you don't know someone that well, it really affects your perception of them.

It's kinda like the online equivalent of looking at someone's face to read their emotions.
Never has it applied more for me at least then Zen's january avatar.
I kinda thought he was actually a wise mexican man in his 30s, which made me take his advice(that he gives out literally all the time) more seriously than usual.

mrmyhthef

But everything in bold is perfect and you should keep doing that. There are some units in the game witih shitty starting stats and such incredible growth rates that if you pump them up they will just carry you.

Here's a link to a guide to getting good
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Better-in-Fire-Emblem-7

Man I tried so hard to level Florina into a decent character, and it never happened. Dropped her for Heath later on, now that guy was a real hard ass.

Oh, i should mention i never use 2nd tier characters when i get them, since my 1st tier are so much better since they have so much better stat gain.

Yeah prepromos tend be to worse statistically than if you manually promote your units. Prepromos are more for those who need units since all their early game characters died.

Zenfalcia

Yes, but I do the same thing sometimes. Especially when you don't know someone that well, it really affects your perception of them.

It's kinda like the online equivalent of looking at someone's face to read their emotions.
Never has it applied more for me at least then Zen's january avatar.
I kinda thought he was actually a wise mexican man in his 30s, which made me take his advice(that he gives out literally all the time) more seriously than usual.
It's fine!

Who says i'm not a wise mexican man? I give the best advice too.
Man I tried so hard to level Florina into a decent character, and it never happened. Dropped her for Heath later on, now that guy was a real hard ass.

Yeah prepromos tend to worse statistically than if you manually promote your units. Prepromos are more for those who need units since all their early game characters died.
Only scrubs let their early game characters die and using 2nd tier is just awful.. they have awful stats! They also take forever to level up and just eat exp.

Top Bottom