• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

The only problem I see is Kanji and Akihiko should have a hard coded rule that they just win no matter what.
And then me and Shack settle the finale in Ultimax...

Skrams

Listened to all of the podcast today and I've watched a lot more Extreme Makeover Home Edition than I care to admit. Of course Woolie would automatically jump to assuming it's just a ton of poor black families being given homes. It's been a while since I've watched it and I also have no numbers of race diversity so I'm spewing bullshit, but that shit was pretty diverse from what I remember. It wasn't just about poor families. A lot of it was about people who were just handicapped in insane ways. I remember a girl with a particularly weird disease where she actually couldn't be out in the sun because it would murder her or something less drastic than that. She also loved swimming so they went and made her a pool that was completely shaded and some other shit. I remember it being a big deal back in 2008 when they stopped off in my town and they built a house for a kid who was born without eyes and unable to fully straighten his arms and legs, making him unable to walk. Motherfucker can play the piano and his dad pushed his wheelchair for the marching band performances during football games while he played the trumpet. It was a pretty heartwarming show in general and not just sad, poor black families being given free homes.

Although I've never investigated it, but I've heard things like people being unable to pay the taxes on the house so they had to sell it. So it can still be a little scummy kind of.

demidar

Did you know the people who make Firewatch have a podcast? It's called Idle Thumbs and you should listen today!

(They don't actually talk about Firewatch that much on their podcast because they find advertising their own stuff on a general video games podcast is bad etiquette)

Skrams

Did you know the people who make Firewatch have a podcast? It's called Idle Thumbs and you should listen today!

(They don't actually talk about Firewatch that much on their podcast because they find advertising their own stuff on a general video games podcast is bad etiquette)

I've always meant to get into Idle Thumbs. The friendcast is just a ripoff Giantbomb which is just a ripoff Idle Thumbs, so I should probably like it. I've also enjoyed their personalities in all the Giantbomb content or whatever other content I've seen with them over the years. Also Jeff Goldblum.

Was going to say this.

Yeah, I don't remember them touching about that part much on the podcast. It was mostly just Woolie saying something about filming black people doing crazy dances when the house gets unveiled.

demidar

I've always meant to get into Idle Thumbs. The friendcast is just a ripoff Giantbomb which is just a ripoff Idle Thumbs, so I should probably like it. I've also enjoyed their personalities in all the Giantbomb content or whatever other content I've seen with them over the years. Also Jeff Goldblum.

Idle Thumbs is the best, better than Giant Bomb for me. Although the times of unbridled insanity are long past :(

Skrams

Just started Demon's Souls..holy shit Phalanx is a more interesting boss than pretty much anything in Dark Souls 2.

I'm not sure I'd agree with this exactly since I really like the ideas and designs of The Lost Sinner, Executioner's Chariot, Looking Glass Knight, Demon of Song, Vedstalt, Vendrick, and whatever else I can't think of. Phalanx's music and his design are really cool though. It's a really rad name and fits perfectly with his design. Also Phalanx isn't that interesting to fight since he just boils down to a bunch of smaller enemies not entirely unlike a lot of Dark Souls 2 bosses. Although a lot of other Demon's Souls bosses are great looking. Everything besides Leechmonger at least. Demon's is probably my favorite entry just because of the atmosphere and bosses.

I have it, I've been thinking about selling it along with the rest of my PS2 stuff..like 90 games..some really good ones among them.

You probably have a different ideal about games and selling them, but man, never sell your games. You'll always regret it. Unless you just need the money and don't give a shit about games because you're a bad person or something.

Rizzi

Have you not played it? It's actually a kind of solid 3D Fighter. Super simple licensed anime game, but for that genre it's one of the most legit.

I have not played it. Someone mentioned it.. somewhere in relation to Xenoverse which piqued my interest. Might see if I can find a copy.
Played a bit of raid mode in Revelations 2.
Is this supposed to be Raccoon City?
55B770AB855E05602FEB7C737CC16C6B9B39C5A0

I'm not sure I'd agree with this exactly since I really like the ideas and designs of The Lost Sinner, Executioner's Chariot, Looking Glass Knight, Demon of Song, Vedstalt, Vendrick, and whatever else I can't think of. Phalanx's music and his design are really cool though. It's a really rad name and fits perfectly with his design. Also Phalanx isn't that interesting to fight since he just boils down to a bunch of smaller enemies not entirely unlike a lot of Dark Souls 2 bosses. Although a lot of other Demon's Souls bosses are great looking. Everything besides Leechmonger at least. Demon's is probably my favorite entry just because of the atmosphere and bosses.

You probably have a different ideal about games and selling them, but man, never sell your games. You'll always regret it. Unless you just need the money and don't give a shit about games because you're a bad person or something.

Well when I say good games, I mean commonly popular games for the PS2, FFX-2, DBZB3, God of War games etc etc.

I probably won't if anything when I get my gaming shelves it'll fill them nicely.

Rizzi

Oh, and I finally found my PS2. All it took was me packing everything I own, so hey, I might actually get to play DMC 3 at some point after I move next week.

joe2187

Banned

Nope thats Tall oaks from RE6. But it pretty much ended going the sameway as racoon city.

One thing that's very noticeable about Revelations 2 is that it's the most super budgeted game you'll ever play. They've recycled nearly every level and asset from RE6 as they possibly could.

It's like capcom was like...we spent so much fucking money on RE6 and it fucked us, We are going to use every fucking piece of this corpse we made if it kills us.

And I like that actually.

Skrams

I have not played it. Someone mentioned it.. somewhere in relation to Xenoverse which piqued my interest. Might see if I can find a copy.

A lot of old RE environments are raid mode maps.

Well when I say good games, I mean commonly popular games for the PS2, FFX-2, DBZB3, God of War games etc etc.

I probably won't if anything when I get my gaming shelves it'll fill them nicely.

I'd just keep them even if they're easily available games. I don't see any point of selling a God of War 2 for $5 then if you for some reason wanted to replay it later you'd have to rebuy it for $10 or something. It's probably not a great example since the God of War Saga can be gotten on PS3 for like $10 with all the games and HD shit, but apply that example to non HDified games or something.

A lot of old RE environments are raid mode maps.

I'd just keep them even if they're easily available games. I don't see any point of selling a God of War 2 for $5 then if you for some reason wanted to replay it later you'd have to rebuy it for $10 or something. It's probably not a great example since the God of War Saga can be gotten on PS3 for like $10 with all the games and HD shit, but apply that example to non HDified games or something.

That's true, I'll just keep them, anyway every now and again I kinda miss having physical games..so it's nice to have them for that.

Rizzi

On the topic of Resident Evil. I do not understand the people that think RE6's mercenaries mode was good. It controls like shit.

joe2187

Banned
On the topic of Resident Evil. I do not understand the people that think RE6's mercenaries mode was good. It controls like shit.

It controls like a unicorn having sex in butter.

I mean you gotta learn the controls and the combat system. It's like a 3D brawler combined with a TPS. You have full range of mobility of your character and can setup combos and counter attacks with strategic melee hits or shooting certain weak points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjmW5GgU_c

Oh you.
Being able to enjoy lewd doujins of either gender must be fun
It's pretty good.
Just try it, most boys in doujins are pretty enough to be girls anyway. Bara excluded of course

I'm going to post day 1... this shit is nuts

YzF0ey4.png

harNZJS.png

It started out so well, I like fishing but I guess Alf wanted to do the dynamite variety

That's pretty cute

If I ever get sleep deprived enough I'll just come in here trying to give everyone hugs

God forbid I get old enough to drink.
The night where everyone gets hammered and comes on here is the night the true cuddle puddle begins.

Top Bottom