• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

joe2187

Banned
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1003723

1H9htzy.png

Reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHKR3-MY6E0

Standalone title Digital only like Farcry Blood Dragon

EDIT: PS4 and PC version will be getting a retail release.

Emouse

Silent Hill is not his franchise, so I'd think Silent Hills wouldn't be straight up "Metal Gear elements brought to Silent Hill"

Naw Koji is going to walk into konami HQ and say "we silent hills now" and the end boss is going to be a giant fleshy Rex and everyone is going to love it

Good morning, frienders! How is everyone today?

Also, does anyone have a price for that MGSV collectors edition?

Yo! All good, I thought it saw it at £99 UK monies

NICE that's pretty hype

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I feel like you guys all have stockholme syndrome with this game.

RE6 takes some getting used to, and requires adjustments to the FOV/camera. Once you do get used to the mobility options, though, the combat really opens up. You have to play around with it for a while, and in a scenario like Mercs rather than the often plodding and disjointed pace of the campaign.

Rizzi

RE6 takes some getting used to, and requires adjustments to the FOV/camera. Once you do get used to the mobility options, though, the combat really opens up. You have to play around with it for a while, and in a scenario like Mercs rather than the often plodding and disjointed pace of the campaign.

I am playing mercenaries though.

Rizzi

I've played like three hours of mercenaries. At what point does moving my character stop feeling like molasses?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I am playing mercenaries though.

Then you just have to figure out the combat. That's on you. Watch videos online of how people play if that gives you ideas.

I've played like three hours of mercenaries. At what point does moving my character stop feeling like molasses?

If your character feels like molasses in RE6, then you're not properly utilizing the run or the trigger for dives/slides.

I'm starting to understand why you hate W101.

W101 is a hard game to like, honestly. I ended up enjoying it, but that was only because I fought through getting all the abilities and combos. Not including a dodge or block from the start was insane, and the prices in the store were way too high.

W101 is a hard game to like, honestly. I ended up enjoying it, but that was only because I fought through getting all the abilities and combos. Not including a dodge or block from the start was insane, and the prices in the store were way too high.

Really? I found myself with more money than I knew what to do with. Especially crafting the Platinum card thing saved me a shitton of money(why would I craft anything else).

I also think W101 is a great game but I had no urge to play it ever again after finishing it once. Some parts are not so fun(WHY SHMUP SECTION AGAIN), and I never really got into the combat like I did with Bayo.

Skrams

It's insane if you only learn about the dodge and block after you're hours into the game. I'd like to think people aren't that dumb and would buy dodge and block since you can get both of them after the first level. I'm pretty sure they're 3000 gears each and that's incredibly cheap. The doling out of abilities also felt pretty fine since Credit Cards.

Now should they have let you have dodge from the beginning and made you buy block or something instead? Yeah, probably. Bayonetta gives you the dodge from the start and for the "tutorial" of the shop they have the air dodge. I say tutorial because it's a cheap ability and teaches the player that the shop has some good shit.

Rizzi

I bought Bayo 2. Super happy it comes with the first one too. Looking forward to them. I should probably get a pro controller though.

Xiraiya

Yeah W101 seems great, I don't feel any real urge to go out and play it.
Honestly Character action games are fun for me for anywhere between 40 minutes to maybe an hour and a half at the longest before I think "Okay I'm bored of the shallow progress and cool fighting now" The urge will return later that day usually.

And then I go play an RPG for 3 or 4 hours without realizing how much time has passed.

I might start Wonderful 101. Instead of like doing uni work.
Oh yeah, La Mulana EX is out now. I've been putting off playing it until the Vita version. I might just get that.

Now I have an android, I downloaded Cytus. It's fun.
I feel like a weeb...

semisonic

Banned
It's insane if you only learn about the dodge and block after you're hours into the game. I'd like to think people aren't that dumb and would buy dodge and block since you can get both of them after the first level. I'm pretty sure they're 3000 gears each and that's incredibly cheap. The doling out of abilities also felt pretty fine since Credit Cards.

Now should they have let you have dodge from the beginning and made you buy block or something instead? Yeah, probably. Bayonetta gives you the dodge from the start and for the "tutorial" of the shop they have the air dodge. I say tutorial because it's a cheap ability and teaches the player that the shop has some good shit.
I totally agree on all counts.
And yes the platinum cards are the most godlike. Love that shit.
Really? I found myself with more money than I knew what to do with. Especially crafting the Platinum card thing saved me a shitton of money(why would I craft anything else).

I also think W101 is a great game but I had no urge to play it ever again after finishing it once. Some parts are not so fun(WHY SHMUP SECTION AGAIN), and I never really got into the combat like I did with Bayo.

After I beat it I just went back and did the parts I enjoyed again on harder difficulties. Why force yourself to do the whole thing again if there's no need to(seriously those shmups usually sucked ass. But the shirogane comet section kinda made it worth it.) Plus it was a great idea to be able to do mission select on harder difficulties right away.
My replay wound up really being me using a guide to get most of the remaining 101, followed by a boss rush with a few other levels in there(fight with blue, water section in general, that world you get wonder white on, etc.)

croten

Oh God pc release date for MGS! Not day one but I can easily wait 2 weeks, I was not expecting it to be that close if it wasn't day one.

I bought Bayo 2. Super happy it comes with the first one too. Looking forward to them. I should probably get a pro controller though.

It's fine with the gamepad, but the pro controller is a great controller in itself.

Play the first Bayo first, the changes they made in 2 make it hard to go back I've found.

Yeah W101 seems great, I don't feel any real urge to go out and play it.
Honestly Character action games are fun for me for anywhere between 40 minutes to maybe an hour and a half at the longest before I think "Okay I'm bored of the shallow progress and cool fighting now" The urge will return later that day usually.

And then I go play an RPG for 3 or 4 hours without realizing how much time has passed.

Yeah I'm the same, can't really play them for more than 1.5-2 hours even if I enjoy them a lot(Bayo might be my GOTY but I still couldn't play it for too long). RPG's grab me like nothing else can.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I love the older RE games and RE3 to me was just so forgettable..it was basically just an expansion off of RE2 and I think the team just ran out of ideas and just threw that out.

I think the idea of Nemesis as a persisting, stalking enemy is interesting, novel, and unprecedented in the RE universe, anyway. I enjoyed RE3 fine. It probably helped that Jill was in it.

beinfilms

I gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of the Phantom Pain cover art. (But then, I bought the Japanese version of Ground Zeroes because I preferred the cover, so maybe I'm just too picky.)

semisonic

Banned
It's fine with the gamepad, but the pro controller is a great controller in itself.

Play the first Bayo first, the changes they made in 2 make it hard to go back I've found.

That's about what I thought. Basically beat bayo one, kinda tired myself out with it for a bit and never went back to bayo two. Then captain toad came out and I totally forgot I owned it.
On a side not captain toad kicks so much ass. Fuck.

Xiraiya

Oh God pc release date for MGS! Not day one but I can easily wait 2 weeks, I was not expecting it to be that close if it wasn't day one.

No real reason for it to be too far behind, all of the tools the engine uses to make maps and whatnot are PC based tools to begin with. So they probably just want to give the console version it's chance to get out early and make the sales they need it to make before releasing the ultimately better and probably longer lasting version on PC.

Nemesis is cool tho
He's basically just Mr. X though.

I thought Mr.X was way fucking cooler, he was basically mutant Kool-Aid Man!

Nemesis is just a big guy with pulsating veins everywhere..

Which has led to a lot of JillxNemesis doujin.
I think the idea of Nemesis as a persisting, stalking enemy is interesting, novel, and unprecedented in the RE universe, anyway. I enjoyed RE3 fine. It probably helped that Jill was in it.
The idea of adding in choosing what to do at certain points was a cool idea, I just never found Nemesis's design to be very interesting.

Top Bottom